Oleksandra

HELP! To make a tourist visa while we are waiting for

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

Can somebody tell me about their experience in getting a tourist visa during the waiting for CR1 or K3 visa?

Oh tell us more about their bad or good experience in this field?

We shall be very happy if you could share with us with your advices :to try to make a tourist visa while we are waiting for K3 or CR1 or not?Because we are already waiting a long time and that’s why we start thinking about this opportunity.

Anxiously wait for your help !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello!

Can somebody tell me about their experience in getting a tourist visa during the waiting for CR1 or K3 visa?

We shall be very happy if you could share with us with your advices :to try to make a tourist visa while we are waiting for K3 or CR1 or not?Because we are already waiting a long time and that’s why we start thinking about this opportunity.

From China it just doesn't happen. From many other countries, it is no problem at all. What you need is information for Ukraine.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We've heard it's difficult (almost impossible) for young single women from Ukraine but I've also seen a few success cases here on VJ. We're going to give it a shot because we can't tell when they will finally get around to approving our forms. I'm almost positive we're going to hit the 6 month mark and still be waiting after that too. Might as well take a shot! Only thing I worry about is that Oleksandra doesn't really have strong ties to Ukraine...so we're going to try to claim that we have 5 months waiting on our I-130 and I-129F and say it would be crazy to abandon this process. We'll argue that she will definately be returning to Ukraine to finish the process the right way and try to use that as a strong tie.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Hello!

4.6)...Can my fiance(e) come to the US to visit me once the visa process is started?

This may actually be the most common question in the newsgroup, asked on a near daily basis.

A..I wrote to the Embassy in London and I was given this reply: "If you wish to make a temporary visit to the US while your application for a Fiance(e) visa is being processed, you will require a visitor's visa (B-1/B-2) or, if you meet the conditions, travel visa-free. However, all travelers to the US are subject to inspection at the port of entry by an immigration officer who has the right to deny admissions. As the beneficiary of an approved Fiance(e) visa (petition) you may have difficulty convincing the officer that you are not an intending immigrant."

A.. If the fiance(e)..."Has a residence in a foreign country which the alien does not intend to abandon", and if the fiance(e) is "An alien coming to meet the alien's fiance(e)'s family (to become engaged; to make arrangements for a wedding; or to renew a relationship with the prospective spouse)", then they can enter the US on a B2 visa. (Quotes from the USCIS (INS) Inspectors Field Manual). This does not specifically address an alien with a "K1 visa application pending". Proving an intention to return home might mean showing...

Current enrollment in school

Employment in the home country

Strong family ties to the home country

This question does not have a good answer. Many people visit the US during the Process, but some newsgroupers have reported that once the initial background check is done by the Consulate, subsequent visits to the US required an additional FBI check done by the Consulate, which resulted in a delay in the visa application process. Refer questions regarding experiences to the newsgroup.

back

SOURCE: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html#4.6

But this is for K1 though Im not sure if this applicable for ur CR1/IR1...

Edited by AnneiyAndJacky

K3 VISA:

09/20/06 - I-130 Sent

10/03/06 - I-129F sent.

10/10/06- I-129F NOA1

11/28/06 - BOTH I-129F & I-130 approved!!!!

12/27/06 - NVC Left case no. assigned MNL 200685XXXX

01/26/07 - Received Packet 3

02/27/07 - Received Packet 4

03/01-02/07 - Done with my Medical Appointment at St. Lukes

04/17/07 - Interview at U.S Embassy - got the blue slip..on AR

07/05/07 - Went back to US Embassy submitted new affidavit of support for my K3, we'll wait for decision, still on AR

07/24/07 - OMG!!!! I cant believe it I got my K3 Visa in hand!!!

08/09/07 - Arrival in the U.S - POE at LAX

AOS:

08/27/07 - Sent AOS and EAD

08/29/07 - Chicago Lockbox received both AOS and EAD

09/18/07 - Checks cashed 09/21/07 - NOA on both AOS and EAD

09/27/07 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

10/18/07 - Biometrics

10/19/07 - Received RFE

10/26/07 - USCIS received the response to our RFE

11/05/07 - EAD Card Production ordered

11/16/07 - EAD Card received

11/26/07 - Received interview notice

01/25/08 - Interview Date!!!! APPROVED!!!

04/18/08 - At long last! GC Card production ordered

04/21/08 - Email noticed welcome letter

04/23/08 - Email card production again

04/25/08 - Welcome Letter received

04/30/08 - Greencard received

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello!

4.6)...Can my fiance(e) come to the US to visit me once the visa process is started?

This may actually be the most common question in the newsgroup, asked on a near daily basis.

A..I wrote to the Embassy in London and I was given this reply: "If you wish to make a temporary visit to the US while your application for a Fiance(e) visa is being processed, you will require a visitor's visa (B-1/B-2) or, if you meet the conditions, travel visa-free. However, all travelers to the US are subject to inspection at the port of entry by an immigration officer who has the right to deny admissions. As the beneficiary of an approved Fiance(e) visa (petition) you may have difficulty convincing the officer that you are not an intending immigrant."

A.. If the fiance(e)..."Has a residence in a foreign country which the alien does not intend to abandon", and if the fiance(e) is "An alien coming to meet the alien's fiance(e)'s family (to become engaged; to make arrangements for a wedding; or to renew a relationship with the prospective spouse)", then they can enter the US on a B2 visa. (Quotes from the USCIS (INS) Inspectors Field Manual). This does not specifically address an alien with a "K1 visa application pending". Proving an intention to return home might mean showing...

Current enrollment in school

Employment in the home country

Strong family ties to the home country

This question does not have a good answer. Many people visit the US during the Process, but some newsgroupers have reported that once the initial background check is done by the Consulate, subsequent visits to the US required an additional FBI check done by the Consulate, which resulted in a delay in the visa application process. Refer questions regarding experiences to the newsgroup.

back

SOURCE: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html#4.6

But this is for K1 though Im not sure if this applicable for ur CR1/IR1...

It is applicable to CR, IR, and any K visa type but it is applicable to the UK or other visa waiver program country, not Ukraine, China, or the PI etc. First you must apply for and receive a visa. This is rare for many countries.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.