BreadGiver

Ankara Required Vaccines 2023

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My wife has her IR1 interview at the US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey on July 31. She is from Iran.

Can anyone tell me exactly what vaccines are required? I know the vaccines are age specific, but I'm not exactly sure which ones.

Also, if she is missing any vaccines, can she get them at the medical checkup before the interview?

Timeline
7 hours ago, BreadGiver said:

Hi everyone,

My wife has her IR1 interview at the US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey on July 31. She is from Iran.

Can anyone tell me exactly what vaccines are required? I know the vaccines are age specific, but I'm not exactly sure which ones.

Also, if she is missing any vaccines, can she get them at the medical checkup before the interview?

As my experience, Yes she can take them at the medical checkup. I did like that ( in Colombo  Srilanka) if she has her immunization record book or card it will be easy 

Screenshot_20230613_164233_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Linda2020 said:

As my experience, Yes she can take them at the medical checkup. I did like that ( in Colombo  Srilanka) if she has her immunization record book or card it will be easy 

Screenshot_20230613_164233_Chrome.jpg

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-panel-physicians-p.pdf

I was looking at this chart, and it shows which vaccines are required for people of different ages.

My wife falls into the 18-64 age range.

She had some shots when she was a kid, and she also had the covid shots. We are trying to get a new vaccine card.

They list 13 vaccines, but then they also say that you only need vaccines that are age appropriate.

I’m worried she might have to get 13 shots and that would delay the interview. I can’t see a doctor giving anyone 13 shots in one day.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, BreadGiver said:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-panel-physicians-p.pdf

I was looking at this chart, and it shows which vaccines are required for people of different ages.

My wife falls into the 18-64 age range.

She had some shots when she was a kid, and she also had the covid shots. We are trying to get a new vaccine card.

They list 13 vaccines, but then they also say that you only need vaccines that are age appropriate.

I’m worried she might have to get 13 shots and that would delay the interview. I can’t see a doctor giving anyone 13 shots in one day.

Most of the vaccines in that list are main vaccines which we gt in birth to age 5 . So don't worry  your wife probably vaccinated. I got 4 missing vaccines at my medical checkup. If your wife is not sure about her Immunizations record you guys should contact your family doctor before the medical checkup. 

Edited by Linda2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 6/12/2023 at 8:27 PM, BreadGiver said:

Hi everyone,

My husband (Turkish citizen) just had his medical appointment a few weeks ago. He falls in the same age range as your wife and he needed to get 4 vaccines. He had no proof of immunization before as Turkey has only recently become good at record keeping things like that. I imagine it will also be difficult for your wife to get her vaccine records so she can just go without any and the doctor will give her the required vaccines with no problem. Don't worry, she won't have to get 13 :)

The only vaccine record needed is proof of COVID vaccine series (booster not required)

Edited by alexturgul28

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 10:56 AM, alexturgul28 said:

My husband (Turkish citizen) just had his medical appointment a few weeks ago. He falls in the same age range as your wife and he needed to get 4 vaccines. He had no proof of immunization before as Turkey has only recently become good at record keeping things like that. I imagine it will also be difficult for your wife to get her vaccine records so she can just go without any and the doctor will give her the required vaccines with no problem. Don't worry, she won't have to get 13 :)

The only vaccine record needed is proof of COVID vaccine series (booster not required)

I appreciate the reply. That’s a relief😅

On 6/13/2023 at 5:12 PM, Linda2020 said:

Most of the vaccines in that list are main vaccines which we gt in birth to age 5 . So don't worry  your wife probably vaccinated. I got 4 missing vaccines at my medical checkup. If your wife is not sure about her Immunizations record you guys should contact your family doctor before the medical checkup. 

Thank you very much. We’ll make sure to get her records

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.