TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

790 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/13/2024 at 3:37 PM, Shades8 said:

I thought when you enter as a permanent resident you no longer get an I94? I checked my I94 and it only shows the last entry I did as a tourist on a B2 ages ago. 

Has your husband received his physical green card yet? I don’t know how to track the status of mine, the last update I got is from the receipt number from when I paid the immigrant fee and it just says your fee has been paid and your card will be produced.  I don’t know if that status will change when it’s mailed or what.  It’s only been two weeks since I crossed so I’m not worried yet.  

I thought so as well - the lady said not to worry about it, though.

On 2/14/2024 at 2:52 PM, mam521 said:

@HoneyBadger26 your husband can still begin work even without the SSN.  Read the I-9 form.  He can provide his passport with his endorsed I-551 which serves as a List A document demonstrating both identity and work authorization (https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents).  The SSN can be updated in the near future as you work out the details on where the card actually went to.  If his employer has questions, they can refer to the USCIS I-9 Central page.  The HR team should have received updated training on this.  

We tried to do that - they would not start him working without the SSN. 

When he went back into SSA to request a new card and to have it sent to our PO box, the lady casually laid a piece of paper on the desk, told him "I'm not allowed to give you this, but I have to go get a piece of paper off the printer, so if you happen to see a number on this paper that I am absolutely not supposed to give you... so be it" and she walked away. He quickly jotted down his SSN, and when she came back she said "Yes, I definitely cannot give you this paper" and shredded it with a smile and a nod. I don't know this woman, but I would love to send her flowers lol

We were able to get hubby working starting Tuesday night, and we are just waiting now for the replacement card to come. The lady said 7-10 days, so I'm watching our Informed Delivery like a hawk. Checked with USCIS and the green card is being produced as of Jan 29.

48 minutes ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

I thought so as well - the lady said not to worry about it, though.

We tried to do that - they would not start him working without the SSN. 

When he went back into SSA to request a new card and to have it sent to our PO box, the lady casually laid a piece of paper on the desk, told him "I'm not allowed to give you this, but I have to go get a piece of paper off the printer, so if you happen to see a number on this paper that I am absolutely not supposed to give you... so be it" and she walked away. He quickly jotted down his SSN, and when she came back she said "Yes, I definitely cannot give you this paper" and shredded it with a smile and a nod. I don't know this woman, but I would love to send her flowers lol

We were able to get hubby working starting Tuesday night, and we are just waiting now for the replacement card to come. The lady said 7-10 days, so I'm watching our Informed Delivery like a hawk. Checked with USCIS and the green card is being produced as of Jan 29.

Yay!!!

6 hours ago, mam521 said:

We have an access code for the I 130 we filed but that status hasn’t changed since it was first sent to the NVC.  I got a second receipt number when I paid my immigrant fee and I never received any NOA document with that one and when I requested an online access code for it they told me it wasn’t a valid receipt number.  So I’m pretty confused about how to track the production of the green card.  

Timeline

I'm just preparing the required documents for my CR1 interview, do I need my spouse's original W2 or is a copy ok? 

Also he received his 2023 W2, should I also bring it? He hasn't received all his slips yet to file his 2023 taxes so I probably won't have it in time.

Timeline

Hi guys, we are pretty desperate for answers to our situation. Were any of you skipped over for an interview letter? We were DQ Sept 28, 2023 and so far nothing. According to the “first-in, first-out” scheduling policy at NVC, we should have received an interview letter in December. People with DQ’s in December have interviews scheduled already, so clearly they don’t go in strict order. Some people are getting their letters one month after DQ, we are at five!
Submitted a public inquiry early Jan, received the standard “you’re in queue and we will schedule an interview when a date is available.” Submitted congressional inquiry as well as an expedite request two weeks ago through congressman’s office, denied. Our attorney says we’re now at the mercy of the US immigration system, and not to contact NVC/consulate for a while as it may delay our case, especially after an expedite denial. He also said it’s 3-5 months between DQ and interview at Montreal and he doesn’t see a reason why our case should be different. We’re sitting at hopefully 7 months at the moment.  We are a very straightforward, no issues case. Children are US citizens. 

If we don’t get an interview letter this month I may lose my mind. We have 4 children and we are sitting in limbo.

Please, has anyone had this happen or heard of cases like this? We’ve been skipped twice. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Carebear31 said:

Hi guys, we are pretty desperate for answers to our situation. Were any of you skipped over for an interview letter? We were DQ Sept 28, 2023 and so far nothing. According to the “first-in, first-out” scheduling policy at NVC, we should have received an interview letter in December. People with DQ’s in December have interviews scheduled already, so clearly they don’t go in strict order. Some people are getting their letters one month after DQ, we are at five!
Submitted a public inquiry early Jan, received the standard “you’re in queue and we will schedule an interview when a date is available.” Submitted congressional inquiry as well as an expedite request two weeks ago through congressman’s office, denied. Our attorney says we’re now at the mercy of the US immigration system, and not to contact NVC/consulate for a while as it may delay our case, especially after an expedite denial. He also said it’s 3-5 months between DQ and interview at Montreal and he doesn’t see a reason why our case should be different. We’re sitting at hopefully 7 months at the moment.  We are a very straightforward, no issues case. Children are US citizens. 

If we don’t get an interview letter this month I may lose my mind. We have 4 children and we are sitting in limbo.

Please, has anyone had this happen or heard of cases like this? We’ve been skipped twice. 

We had good reason to expedite, aside from NVC delay - USC spouse will soon be working on a high profile non-disclosure govt project, and his employer provided us with a letter of support for the expedite. Still denied.

10 hours ago, Carebear31 said:

I don’t have any good advice for you, but I’m so sorry you’re going through this.  It’s awful not knowing what’s going on.  Is your whole family currently in Canada or is your spouse in the US and the rest of you are in Canada waiting? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shades8 said:

I don’t have any good advice for you, but I’m so sorry you’re going through this.  It’s awful not knowing what’s going on.  Is your whole family currently in Canada or is your spouse in the US and the rest of you are in Canada waiting? 

Thanks 🙂 USC spouse is in USA, myself and our 4 kids are waiting in Canada. 

46 minutes ago, Carebear31 said:

Thanks 🙂 USC spouse is in USA, myself and our 4 kids are waiting in Canada. 

Maybe that congressional inquiry will get things moving again.  Even though the expedite request was denied it might have triggered someone to look at your case and get it some attention.  Fingers crossed for you! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shades8 said:

Maybe that congressional inquiry will get things moving again.  Even though the expedite request was denied it might have triggered someone to look at your case and get it some attention.  Fingers crossed for you! 

You are very kind, thanks! That is our hope as well, that we’ve got some attention now and will be scheduled soon 🤞🏻 

Timeline

My husband had his appointment on Friday and all went well! He was at 8am, got in line around 7:45 and was not let in until 8:10. He said the first window where you show the documents the officer was stern but professional. Asked for passport, original marriage certificate, his original birth certificate and photos. He asked him if he had my W-2 but did not take it to look at it. Sat back down and then called up to the window for his interview. He said the interview officer was nice and really asked questions just to verify information like my job and address. The only 'personal' question that was asked was how we met and 'who made the first move'. She also asked about the 1 denial of entry he previously had. As we listed it on the DS-260, it did not seem to be an issue. Total time about 1 hour and 30 minutes. 

Approved on the spot and my husband will be moving in two weeks!

My husband got a 221g at his interview on December 13th.  VO just said to send in passport when requested. It was requested on January 17th, so he flew back to Canada the next day and it was received in Montreal on January 25th. It has been almost 4 weeks. Hoping they update status and send off soon. I just have to keep on telling him to have patience. Everything has taken longer than expected in this whole process. 

Timeline
On 1/23/2024 at 3:57 PM, Shades8 said:

This exact same thing just happened to me.  I did upload a copy of my new passport before the interview, and when I showed up they just wanted to see my old passport, but it was no issue at all.  Does he still have his old passport? 

To loop back to this, they did not ask my husband for his old passport nor even brought it up when he gave them only his new passport. I had uploaded a scan of the new passport into the NVC with the comment about the Canadian Authorities not returning the old passport due to damage. 

On 2/20/2024 at 8:29 AM, nneettiiee said:

My husband got a 221g at his interview on December 13th.  VO just said to send in passport when requested. It was requested on January 17th, so he flew back to Canada the next day and it was received in Montreal on January 25th. It has been almost 4 weeks. Hoping they update status and send off soon. I just have to keep on telling him to have patience. Everything has taken longer than expected in this whole process. 

My husbands' status just changed to Issued! If anyone is waiting on a review of a 221g, not the terrible additional administrative processing that people get stuck in forever, his took 4 weeks from when they received his passport for his status to change. The 221g asked for nothing extra, they were reviewing an arrest from years ago that did not result in charges, but I guess the VO wanted a second opinion? That review took about 5 weeks to complete. 2  months after the interview he is approved!!! The whole process took 2 years 2 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.