TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

798 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/1/2023 at 1:55 PM, Chancy said:

For IR1/CR1, there is no MRV fee.  Just the immigrant visa (IV) fee, which you already paid to NVC before you got DQ.  Next is the immigrant fee, which is $220 to be paid to USCIS for plastic green card production.  You may pay the $220 immigrant fee anytime after you get the visa -- https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee

Thank you for this info! 

Just wanted to update y’all.

My parents had their interview in Montreal today. They were approved on the spot. They were asked some questions about who is sponsoring them, what they do for work, and essentially just verified all the original documents and copies that were brought. Very low stress! 

From someone who has gone through this process already, when can you expect the passport to be delivered via expedited courier service? I was hoping that my parents would be able to visit for the holidays but now they don’t have their passports. 

3 hours ago, kpmartini said:

Just wanted to update y’all.

My parents had their interview in Montreal today. They were approved on the spot. They were asked some questions about who is sponsoring them, what they do for work, and essentially just verified all the original documents and copies that were brought. Very low stress! 

From someone who has gone through this process already, when can you expect the passport to be delivered via expedited courier service? I was hoping that my parents would be able to visit for the holidays but now they don’t have their passports. 

Congrats!

In 3 days 

My wife interviewed today and got served 221g for old passport with unexpired US tourist visa (she's a Canadian now and old country's citizenship was surrendered after she became a Canadian) and DS-5535. It's disheartening. Looking at the DS5535 from MTL thread I am just not looking forward to holiday season and 2024. 

24 minutes ago, Timbits said:

My wife interviewed today and got served 221g for old passport with unexpired US tourist visa (she's a Canadian now and old country's citizenship was surrendered after she became a Canadian) and DS-5535. It's disheartening. Looking at the DS5535 from MTL thread I am just not looking forward to holiday season and 2024. 

Sorry to hear about that. I am not sure why your wife was served with DS-5535 for an expired visa on old passport?

Anyway looks like DS-5535 cases are not making any progress for MTL since March 2023. 

Edited by Leo The Great

11 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

Sorry to hear about that. I am not sure why your wife was served with DS-5535 for an expired visa on old passport?

Anyway looks like DS-5535 cases are not making any progress for MTL since March 2023. 

this makes me feel terrible. They asked for two things: unexpired visa on an expired passport, and the DS5535. I think the DS5535 was given because she’s Chinese origin. Typical American BS

Edited by Timbits

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, sdmzzz said:

Got DQ December 13.

Would love to be added to the spreadsheet! There aren't many 2023 submissions in there, curious. 

You'll need to follow the instructions and tag @Hawk Riders to be added.  People haven't been following the instructions, therefore Hawk Riders hasn't had the data to include on the spreadsheet.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kpmartini said:

So now after receiving the passport with the visa stamp, how will they get the physical plastic green card? 

Does it automatically get generated and sent to the US address? Is there another application to fill out? 

If you paid your greencard fee, it will be mailed to the address on file.  Typically it takes up to 90 days.  

Register for USPS Informed Delivery and you should be able to see and track the envelope when the card is printed.  Your myUSCIS account will send notification when the card has been printed. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kpmartini said:

No not yet. The passports are getting delivered today by the expedited courier Purolator. 

Will there be instructions included with the passport on how to pay the fee? 

See the previous page.  Chancy provided information on 10/1.  The fee can be paid here: https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Ok I found it and the link Chancy posted.

did you guys receive a paper with your A number and all that information after the interview or did it come with your delivered passport in the mail? 

The only thing my parents received was a printout from the officer, which explained how to order expedited delivery, or check your delivery status.

42 minutes ago, kpmartini said:

Ok I found it and the link Chancy posted.

did you guys receive a paper with your A number and all that information after the interview or did it come with your delivered passport in the mail? 

The only thing my parents received was a printout from the officer, which explained how to order expedited delivery, or check your delivery status.

Yes - you get one printout as you mentioned after interview.

One generic information paper (Not specific to case) will be delivered with passport that indicates how to pay Green Card fee and other info etc. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.