TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

798 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ontarkie
This post was recognized by Ontarkie!

mam521 was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 2 points.

13 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

...thanks for asking.

I haven't gotten a lot of messages about it, and I haven't been diving deep for data divulgence either. So it's been back-burnered for a bit.

Ladies and Gents: 

If you look in my signature, you'll see a link to the tracking spreadsheet.  IF you'd like us to update/rekickstart the spreadsheet with all the data you see from previous years, please follow the instructions at the top of the spreadsheet, fill out your timeline (click timeline under your user name) and tag with the relevant information. 

If you look back, you'll see we had a pretty comprehensive amount of data that was helpful, but it was only made possible because users followed the instructions.  It definitely helped alleviate certain fears and created a bit of predictability for people stuck in the seemingly endless immigration journey loop.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

18 hours ago, HaeZee said:

I was just going to post about it so here it goes!

A few weeks ago I got an email with a different appointment time, so this morning I went at the first appointment time and asked which one I should attend since I didn't want to miss it! The guard at the door said come back at 1045 which was the time in the most recent interview update. I grabbed breakfast and went back to the hotel to chill.

At 1045 I was back at the consulate and checked in. The guy at the door checks you off a list, you go through the door and a person immediately to the right checks your passport, gives you a ticket with your appointment number on it and then you go through security and put your phone in a tiny locker and then go up the elevator.

Once there I was immediately called into a room and asked for:

My birth certificate

Marriage certificate

My husband's 2022 taxes

My RCMP check

Passport Photo

Passport 

(I had a folder of 20 other things so I was surprised that's all he wanted)

They asked about my address, my husband's address, phone number, where I would be living. And then had me sit back down and wait for the interview.

About 20 mins later I was called to a different portal with a different person who asked:

My husband's full name

How we met

What our wedding was like

What my husband does for work

After that, she told me her system was down but she intends to set me for approval and I should have my stuff back in 2-3 weeks.  I was there for less than an hour, I was surprised at how quick it was! 

Anyways, here's hoping for a quick processing... my husband and I are so excited at the thought of putting this process behind us!

So happy it went smoothly for you! Please keep us updated on passport delivery.

17 hours ago, akcr1 said:

Hi, is there an option to have it picked up somewhere? I don't have a reliable permanent address for delivery - hence the ask.

When you get the interview scheduled there's an option to either use their preferred pick up location or select where you want it delivered (for a fee) and you have to sign on pick up/delivery. You can choose a nearby post office . For me personally (I'm in BC) there was no option for the city I'm in but I could get it sent to one close by).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well my passport moved to Issued today, while I was on my flight home from Montreal and it says it should be delivered to the post office I selected on Sept 21, so I guess I can go pick it up friday! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ANN604 said:

Amazing! What province is it being shipped to?

Manitoba. It was picked up yesterday from the consulate and it updated this morning that it should be there today, so I might be able to go get it tomorrow? That's not bad considering they said 2-3 weeks! 

Timeline
On 9/19/2023 at 11:00 AM, mam521 said:

Ladies and Gents: 

If you look in my signature, you'll see a link to the tracking spreadsheet.  IF you'd like us to update/rekickstart the spreadsheet with all the data you see from previous years, please follow the instructions at the top of the spreadsheet, fill out your timeline (click timeline under your user name) and tag with the relevant information. 

If you look back, you'll see we had a pretty comprehensive amount of data that was helpful, but it was only made possible because users followed the instructions.  It definitely helped alleviate certain fears and created a bit of predictability for people stuck in the seemingly endless immigration journey loop.  

I messaged about adding my info; I would love to be able to see what we can expect as far as wait times for our IL and interview. I hope others will also join in; as a data nerd, I need all the data! 🤣

Timeline

Visa officially in hand, I picked it up from my pick up location today. Interview was 18th, shipped the 19th, pick up the 21st. Pick up seems totally viable for those of you who are interested! 

8 minutes ago, HaeZee said:

Visa officially in hand, I picked it up from my pick up location today. Interview was 18th, shipped the 19th, pick up the 21st. Pick up seems totally viable for those of you who are interested! 

I am so happy for you! I was just coming on to see if you had an update. I had my interview this morning so was super curious about the turn around time. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ANN604 said:

I am so happy for you! I was just coming on to see if you had an update. I had my interview this morning so was super curious about the turn around time. 

Ooh! How did it go? I hadn't realized you were so close to mine. 

3 hours ago, HaeZee said:

Ooh! How did it go? I hadn't realized you were so close to mine. 

It was 

3 hours ago, HaeZee said:

Sorry! I guess I should've explained for others but honestly it was like most others I've read here recently.

I too got a change of interview time a month prior. The new schedule was 10:30, I arrived 10:10 went through security right away, and as soon as I got up to the 1st floor they were ready for me. She confirmed my info (I had an address and phone number update so she entered those and then she took my docs:

Passport, Marriage cert, my birth cert, police cert, one photo and my husband's 2022 W2). This was swift but I had to wait 2 hours to be called up to the next window. There was only once officer working (maybe carry a book or something in case because you can't have your phone on you!)

I got called up again at 12:15 pm. She asked:

-who my petioner was

-where we met

-how often we see each other

-about our wedding

-if I've ever been committed of a crime

-where I've been outside of the US in the past 5 years.

-what's the longest I've stayed in the US

Process prob took 3 mins and she said she'll approve later and handed me a sheet for tracking the visa once mailed.

For anyone interested I stayed at a Hilton in midtown- it was nicer than the one in DT and more affordable. I took a train there and my total commute (the hotel is a 10 min walk from the train) was 35 mins. Just offering this up for anyone who may be looking at affordable places outside of DT. Their transit system is good.

When I checked CEAC around 5:30 pm my status had changed to "issued". Believing to have my passport back by Tuesday the latest 🙏🏾.

Is there another forum for the actual moving experince? 

On 9/21/2023 at 2:50 PM, ANN604 said:

It was 

Sorry! I guess I should've explained for others but honestly it was like most others I've read here recently.

I too got a change of interview time a month prior. The new schedule was 10:30, I arrived 10:10 went through security right away, and as soon as I got up to the 1st floor they were ready for me. She confirmed my info (I had an address and phone number update so she entered those and then she took my docs:

Passport, Marriage cert, my birth cert, police cert, one photo and my husband's 2022 W2). This was swift but I had to wait 2 hours to be called up to the next window. There was only once officer working (maybe carry a book or something in case because you can't have your phone on you!)

I got called up again at 12:15 pm. She asked:

-who my petioner was

-where we met

-how often we see each other

-about our wedding

-if I've ever been committed of a crime

-where I've been outside of the US in the past 5 years.

-what's the longest I've stayed in the US

Process prob took 3 mins and she said she'll approve later and handed me a sheet for tracking the visa once mailed.

For anyone interested I stayed at a Hilton in midtown- it was nicer than the one in DT and more affordable. I took a train there and my total commute (the hotel is a 10 min walk from the train) was 35 mins. Just offering this up for anyone who may be looking at affordable places outside of DT. Their transit system is good.

When I checked CEAC around 5:30 pm my status had changed to "issued". Believing to have my passport back by Tuesday the latest 🙏🏾.

Is there another forum for the actual moving experince? 

Visa in Hand! Interview ended around 12:30pm Thursday Sep 21, was mailed out around 11:30 am Friday the 22nd, reached selected post office in BC on Sep 24th around 10am.

On 9/13/2023 at 9:03 AM, LJSJMS said:

Congratulations to everyone who got their IL today 🎉

Got DQ’ed 12Jun, but still no IL for me. Hopefully next month 🙏 

I am expecting my interview letter in the next round as well. My DQ date is on Oct 5th 2022 and my wife has recently became a US citizen so we had our file category changed from F2A to IR1 (which is already reflecting on CEAC Portal). 

Hoping for best!

7 minutes ago, dhruvroom said:

I am expecting my interview letter in the next round as well. My DQ date is on Oct 5th 2022 and my wife has recently became a US citizen so we had our file category changed from F2A to IR1 (which is already reflecting on CEAC Portal). 

Hoping for best!

Also if the more experienced folks have any advise for me on following situation, I would greatly appreciate.

@mam521 @llcoolwil @Leo The Great @NorthnerSouth98

I have recently become Canadian citizen so I am trying to figure out how to notify MTL Embassy about that. My previous citizenship was Indian which I can not retain once I accept other So basically I had an Indian passport when I applied but now that changed to Canadian one. 

Edited by dhruvroom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, dhruvroom said:

Also if the more experienced folks have any advise for me on following situation, I would greatly appreciate.

@mam521 @llcoolwil @Leo The Great @NorthnerSouth98

I have recently become Canadian citizen so I am trying to figure out how to notify MTL Embassy about that. My previous citizenship was Indian which I can not retain once I accept other So basically I had an Indian passport when I applied but now that changed to Canadian one. 

I think if you look at this thread, you can better narrow your information down for how you have to approach it.  There was some chats about how to properly rescind your Indian citizenship without causing yourself a headache.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.