russ

Russia Specific FAQ

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought the NVC would let me know when the interview is. I schedule it, for sure?

I think for K-1 you schedule it (non-immigrant visa with an DS-160), for CR-1/IR-1 they schedule it for the person.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think for K-1 you schedule it (non-immigrant visa with an DS-160), for CR-1/IR-1 they schedule it for the person.

Yes I have figured this out already but thank you!

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

This is more confusing then the first step. So my fiance won't even get a packet? She has to figure all this out on her own?

I know it is all very confusing. Just hang in there. For now, you should go online to the U.S. embassy website (at whatever location you are, for me it is Moscow...the website will look like this: http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-fiancee.html Except it will cater to whatever location you're at. Since your VJ profile is incomplete, no one can help you in depth because we cannot see where you filed, what country your fiance is in, therefore what Country the U.S. Embassy is where she will have her interview. (I would like to send youa direct link to the exact website you need, but I cannot due to not enough information from your VJ profile.) As I was saying, you should go online to the U.S. embassy website wherever your fiance is located, and find this list of Documents needed for fiances. Your fiance needs to Start gathering all these documents now (WAAAYYYY ahead of their interveiw because some documents take awhile). For example, police records and medical records sometime take awhile to get. Keep in mind, this is going to be expensive. Prices vary for each embassy but for example, my fiance and I will be paying $800 to $1200 to get everything done. This calculation includes: medical exam, DS-160 fee, any additional vaccines needed, the $240 K1 fee, traveling by bus to Moscow and back to his hometown by airplane, hotel and food while he is in Moscow, and a little money for metro. I might have forgotten something but that is just to giveyou an idea...if you're spending more than you're saving now, I'd switch that around and start saving for this ordeal. Unless you're good to go already in that area. Just giving you a few pointers and trying to help you out. Seems like people going through the K1 process get a lot less help than people attempting other visas. Feel free to message me if you want. Also, whatever Country your fiance is in, there are forms specific to that Country. For example, I belong to the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus. Go here to find your region and talk to people going through the same process in the same region as you (its very helpful, usually): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/100-regional-discussion/ AND AS ALWAYS, GOOD LUCK!!!!

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

• 2 years later...
Timeline

Does anyone know specifics on the required police report for the interview? My fiance called his local police dept and they said to email them the question and we still haven't heard anything back

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-08 (Delivered by USPS)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11 (Received confirmation text)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-16 (Received hardcopy confirmation)

I-129F NOA2: Approval: 2016-04-25

I-129F NOA2: Hardcopy: 2016-04-28

NVC Recieved: 2016-05-12

Case Number Assigned: 2016-05-13

Medical: 2016-06-14

Interview: 2016-06-16

Found out we were denied K1 2016-08-02

Researching places to get married and will be filing CR-1

Timeline

Try here...

http://www.gosuslugi.ru/pgu/service/10000006704_425.html#!_description

and from US Embassy:

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-fiancee.html

Applicant (older than 16) is required to submit a police certificate (original and English translation, if required) issued within the past year in ALL names (including maiden names) as well as ALL dates of birth that they have used. A Russian police certificate must indicate that the applicant’s name(s) have been checked against the central database of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD). We advise applicants to review the copy of their police certificate to ensure it will not be older than one year on their interview date. If it will, applicants should acquire new police certificates as soon as possible. If an applicant has lived abroad for more than one year, a police certificate must also be submitted from the country in which he/she lived. For detailed information on how to obtain a police certificate, visit:
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

Visa Received: 2015-03-02 (K1 - See timeline for details)
US Entry: 2015-04-09
POE: Portland, OR
Marriage: 2015-06-20
I-485/I-756 Sent: 2015-06-30
EAD Card Received: 2015-10-02    
I-485 Approval: 2016-01-13
Greencard Received: 2016-01-23

I-751 Filed ROC: 2017-10-18

I-751 Received NOA1 18mo. Extension: 2018-10-16

N-400 Filed Online: 2018-11-25

I-751 Interview/Approval: 2019-05-22

N-400 Interview/Approval: 2019-05-22

Citizenship Oath: 2019-09-21

Timeline

Try here...

http://www.gosuslugi.ru/pgu/service/10000006704_425.html#!_description

and from US Embassy:

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-fiancee.html

Applicant (older than 16) is required to submit a police certificate (original and English translation, if required) issued within the past year in ALL names (including maiden names) as well as ALL dates of birth that they have used. A Russian police certificate must indicate that the applicants name(s) have been checked against the central database of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD). We advise applicants to review the copy of their police certificate to ensure it will not be older than one year on their interview date. If it will, applicants should acquire new police certificates as soon as possible. If an applicant has lived abroad for more than one year, a police certificate must also be submitted from the country in which he/she lived. For detailed information on how to obtain a police certificate, visit:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

Thank you!!! My fiancé lived in another country other than Russia about 5 years ago, does that police report also have to be within a year? He has one from when he lived there.

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-08 (Delivered by USPS)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11 (Received confirmation text)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-16 (Received hardcopy confirmation)

I-129F NOA2: Approval: 2016-04-25

I-129F NOA2: Hardcopy: 2016-04-28

NVC Recieved: 2016-05-12

Case Number Assigned: 2016-05-13

Medical: 2016-06-14

Interview: 2016-06-16

Found out we were denied K1 2016-08-02

Researching places to get married and will be filing CR-1

Timeline

Police certificates should match up to the information listed on the I129F and the DS-160. I would make best effort to try and get the other certificates. Show proof of effort when at interview if you do not receive the other certificates in time..

Per Travel.state.gov...

Police Certificates

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a photocopy of a police certificate from the following locations:

From your... If you were... And resided there... Country of nationality At least 16 years of age At least 6 months Country of residence At least 16 years of age At least 6 months Country of previous residence At least 16 years of age At least 1 year Any country where you were arrested Any age For any timeframe
  • You must send a photocopy of your police certificate(s) to the NVC.
  • You must submit a photocopy of your police certificate(s) to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

For country-specific guidelines on how to obtain a police certificate, review the Country Documents section at Reciprocity by Country.

Unobtainable police certificates

If your police certificate is unavailable per the country-specific guidelines above, you do not need to submit one to the NVC. If you cannot obtain a police certificate for another reason, please submit a written explanation when you submit your other documents.

Visa Received: 2015-03-02 (K1 - See timeline for details)
US Entry: 2015-04-09
POE: Portland, OR
Marriage: 2015-06-20
I-485/I-756 Sent: 2015-06-30
EAD Card Received: 2015-10-02    
I-485 Approval: 2016-01-13
Greencard Received: 2016-01-23

I-751 Filed ROC: 2017-10-18

I-751 Received NOA1 18mo. Extension: 2018-10-16

N-400 Filed Online: 2018-11-25

I-751 Interview/Approval: 2019-05-22

N-400 Interview/Approval: 2019-05-22

Citizenship Oath: 2019-09-21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.