russ

Russia Specific FAQ

113 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys. I have a question about the police report. I've lived in UK for the last 5 years, but I'm going to be moving back to Russia and getting my visa there. So I will have to return my police certeficate to the police office in here since its the law. There is no way I can keep it. So what do i do? I've lived here for 5 years with 3 different adresses. I can photocopy it but thats it, there is nothing else I can do about it. Any suggestions? As to Russia I've only ever live in 3 (or 4. need to ask my dad about that) places, so I giess i can fix that. And also how do you get a police report in Russia?

08/2008- met in Baltimore. I was on J1. Started dating.
07/2009- I went back to England to finish my BA(Hons)
12/2009- he visits me in England and proposes on new years eve
04/2010- I visit him in Baltimore on B1/B2. We spontaneously get married. I leave to go back to England.
10/2010- he comes to meet my family in Russia. We have our "honey-week"
11/2010- I come to visit on B1/B2 again and he convinses me to stay
03/11/2011- sent out AOS
03/14/2011- package received
04/2011- RFE
05/2011- sent out response for RFE
07/08/2011- EAD card recieved
7/21/2011- Green Card interview success!

05/15/2013- ROC packet sent

06/26/2013- Biometrics

09/03/2013- Approved

09/10/2013- Card recived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have flown from Houston to Domodedovo (direct flight) on Singapore airlines for under 800 dollar round trip and it was much nicer than Delta, Aeroflot

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

• 8 months later...

I have flown from Houston to Domodedovo (direct flight) on Singapore airlines for under 800 dollar round trip and it was much nicer than Delta, Aeroflot

Singapore was rated #1 in customer satisfaction. (Also hottest attendants, but that's neither here nor there.)

All of the links i've clicked concerning the interview schedules are no longer working. Anyone have a link that works?

It goes down for a few days at a time. Try again tomorrow.

Unfortunately there's really no other site to check. You guys should be getting pretty close now, right?

ETA - just noticed you've only recently received the NOA2. It'll take a few weeks to clear NVC (you'll get another notice) then be received by Moscow. A few weeks after that till the date is scheduled. You're probably looking more like March 1st before you see the date on the website.

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Singapore was rated #1 in customer satisfaction. (Also hottest attendants, but that's neither here nor there.)

It goes down for a few days at a time. Try again tomorrow.

Unfortunately there's really no other site to check. You guys should be getting pretty close now, right?

ETA - just noticed you've only recently received the NOA2. It'll take a few weeks to clear NVC (you'll get another notice) then be received by Moscow. A few weeks after that till the date is scheduled. You're probably looking more like March 1st before you see the date on the website.

Thanks for the reply slim. Yep, we're getting pretty close i believe. :) I received a letter in the mail dated Feb 1 from NVC, which says that our petition will be forwarded to the embassy within a week. However, i called NVC a little while ago and the rep said our package was mailed off already on the 28th of Jan. I e-mailed the embassy and a rep there did inform me that our case was not yet in their records, and to check back in 1-2 weeks time. Is it true that the interviews are about 1-2 months after the embassy receives the case from NVC? I'm really hoping to see Dinara a lot sooner than that.

Edited by Nate & Dina

Is it true that the interviews are about 1-2 months after the embassy receives the case from NVC? I'm really hoping to see Dinara a lot sooner than that.

That's about right.

It arrives in Moscow and spends a week or two in the mail room downstairs. Then after an American holiday, a Russian holiday, a sick day to recover from the holiday and then another Russian holiday (and sick day to recover) the mail clerk walks it up the steps. Then, it goes through the same process on someone's desk. Because they're all drunk, it'll be "forwarded" to the bottom of the stack and start all over and then finally, it'll be scheduled and entered into the system.

The tech guy that does the webpage updates also has holidays and sick days so it'll take another few weeks for that. Then, finally, someday around that time (about three weeks to a month after arrival) you'll finally see it on the website. It'll be scheduled for about six weeks after it first shows up. You're looking at a grand total of between two and three months from arrival at Moscow embassy.

Unfortunately if you want to see her, you'll have to use Skype or fly over there yourself.

However... the next two to three months are going to be your last as a single dude. Use them to the fullest! Go out and drink some beer. Eat some chicken wings. Watch some games on TV and enjoy not having to sit through romantic comedies and sift through 38 feminine products just to use your own shower. Be glad to be a man!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The tech guy that does the webpage updates also has holidays and sick days so it'll take another few weeks for that. Then, finally, someday around that time (about three weeks to a month after arrival) you'll finally see it on the website.

Actually, the online interview schedule on the Moscow Embassy website hasn't worked for about a year now, maybe even longer. The best way to find out your interview date (other than waiting from some correspondence intitiated from the Embassy) is to e-mail them about 2-3 weeks after your case has supposedly arrived at the Embassy.

Actually, the online interview schedule on the Moscow Embassy website hasn't worked for about a year now, maybe even longer. The best way to find out your interview date (other than waiting from some correspondence intitiated from the Embassy) is to e-mail them about 2-3 weeks after your case has supposedly arrived at the Embassy.

That's good to know!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

That's about right.

It arrives in Moscow and spends a week or two in the mail room downstairs. Then after an American holiday, a Russian holiday, a sick day to recover from the holiday and then another Russian holiday (and sick day to recover) the mail clerk walks it up the steps. Then, it goes through the same process on someone's desk. Because they're all drunk, it'll be "forwarded" to the bottom of the stack and start all over and then finally, it'll be scheduled and entered into the system.

The tech guy that does the webpage updates also has holidays and sick days so it'll take another few weeks for that. Then, finally, someday around that time (about three weeks to a month after arrival) you'll finally see it on the website. It'll be scheduled for about six weeks after it first shows up. You're looking at a grand total of between two and three months from arrival at Moscow embassy.

Unfortunately if you want to see her, you'll have to use Skype or fly over there yourself.

However... the next two to three months are going to be your last as a single dude. Use them to the fullest! Go out and drink some beer. Eat some chicken wings. Watch some games on TV and enjoy not having to sit through romantic comedies and sift through 38 feminine products just to use your own shower. Be glad to be a man!

Yikes. It reminds me of the first time i arrived at Domodedovo and the guys at the ticket counter were sleeping lol. Okay, 2-3 months is a pretty long time, as we've last seen each other in October, but at least that gives me a few more months to save money for the wedding. I'm covering all of the wedding and immigration costs myself, so those extra few months will definitely give us a little more financial flexibility. Have to always try and look on the bright side of things. :) you're definitely right about the fact that i should probably enjoy my sports games now before it's too late lol.

the first time i arrived at Domodedovo and the guys at the ticket counter were sleeping

Kinda like when I was boarding at SVO and they pulled Crocodile Dundee's knife out of one guy's carry-on.

save money for the wedding

We got married at the court house, my mom took pictures of us in the park, and then her and I had dinner at a nice restaraunt - just the two of us. Total cost for the whole affair was under $200.

i should probably enjoy my sports games now before it's too late lol.

You'll still be able to enjoy them after she's here... but it'll cost you!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Thanks for the reply slim. Yep, we're getting pretty close i believe. :) I received a letter in the mail dated Feb 1 from NVC, which says that our petition will be forwarded to the embassy within a week. However, i called NVC a little while ago and the rep said our package was mailed off already on the 28th of Jan. I e-mailed the embassy and a rep there did inform me that our case was not yet in their records, and to check back in 1-2 weeks time. Is it true that the interviews are about 1-2 months after the embassy receives the case from NVC? I'm really hoping to see Dinara a lot sooner than that.

Hey Nate, my package was also mailed off on the 28th of january and I had yana email the embassy a week ago and they sent her a message saying our interview is scheduled for April 15th so i'm sure yours will be around that time frame. Was also told that they only do interviews for K-1 on fridays.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Was also told that they only do interviews for K-1 on fridays.

A look at the upcoming and recent K-1 interview dates listed on the Russia Portal will quickly show that whoever told you that was very much mistaken.

Timeline

We got married at the court house, my mom took pictures of us in the park, and then her and I had dinner at a nice restaraunt - just the two of us. Total cost for the whole affair was under $200.

Wow....that is amazing. She didn't want the big wedding?

Timeline

Hey Nate, my package was also mailed off on the 28th of january and I had yana email the embassy a week ago and they sent her a message saying our interview is scheduled for April 15th so i'm sure yours will be around that time frame. Was also told that they only do interviews for K-1 on fridays.

Thanks for the great info Mckay! The most difficult part about the entire K-1 process is not knowing when you will see your significant other again. April doesn't sound too bad! Just have to get through the rest of Feb and March and that's it! Did Yana receive her packet from the embassy yet?

Timeline

Thanks for the great info Mckay! The most difficult part about the entire K-1 process is not knowing when you will see your significant other again. April doesn't sound too bad! Just have to get through the rest of Feb and March and that's it! Did Yana receive her packet from the embassy yet?

No she still hasn't recieved it. According to a russian forum she reads some of the other girls have been saying they recieved their packages about 10 days prior to the interview, but who knows i'm still holding out hope it will be in the mail soon so we can get everything together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.