LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 5/31/2023 at 6:30 AM, KeilaSanchez said:

My processing  time changed to 7 months. Does  it mean anything? 

No. I have seen them all over the place. It is just a countdown timer based on your SC and has nothing to do with the actual status of your case.

Timeline

So how is everyone coping with being away from your spouses? We have been together the last several months but I had to return to work. It's going to be a long wait, the only thing keeping me going is our trips we have planned.

I travel to santo domingo every month and a half and usually visit for a long weekend. I have children and a job so that's the most I could do. I prefer shorter trips and sew him often than staying long and spend more time apart.

Got it ! I just received my noa1 from my k3 application. It had Nebraska  as a service center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Married on 4/19/2023. Filed for my Husband and his daughter May 19, 2023 and received a NOA1 on May 23, 2023. Hoping for a decent timeline where I'm not waiting years. I also saw recommendations to submit a K-3 application, but I don't know what that would entail. So much information to read up on and so out of my depth 🤣😭

Timeline

Got my K3 NOA1 and it is at California Service Center just like my I-130.  Hopefully this helps.  FYI, my Case (I-130) says 5 months to go.  Not sure how accurate that is, but hoping anyway!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Time is flying folks. Helps me not to think about it or worry about the date or forums too much...I manage to stay pretty busy as it is with my business anyhow. When it happens, it will happen!

Timeline
18 hours ago, RiskVsReward said:

Time is flying folks. Helps me not to think about it or worry about the date or forums too much...I manage to stay pretty busy as it is with my business anyhow. When it happens, it will happen!

Same here but my wife back in Thailand is getting antsy.  We only get to see each other twice a year.

I got RFE notice for two of Mt petitions.  I am petitions for hubby and step kids. They have been actively reviewing  our case. I try seeing the rfe notice online but it's not showing in the docs tab. I guess I will wait for the notices in the mail. I heard that 2023 filers are going much quicker. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, KeilaSanchez said:

I got RFE notice for two of Mt petitions.  I am petitions for hubby and step kids. They have been actively reviewing  our case. I try seeing the rfe notice online but it's not showing in the docs tab. I guess I will wait for the notices in the mail. I heard that 2023 filers are going much quicker. 

Let's hope so!

• 3 weeks later...

Update!!  I got approved july 21st for all I130 submitted ( hubby +3 step kids). The approval came from Nebraska SC and I was not notified that the case had been moved. They all were sent to NVC and by next day I had 3 out of four welcome letters with the Nvc receipt number. Please note that all the I130 submitted were done in different days in may after hubby. I guess they knew it was al connected because of the questions in the form. 

So maybe yes, K3 helped!

Timeline
18 hours ago, KeilaSanchez said:

Update!!  I got approved july 21st for all I130 submitted ( hubby +3 step kids). The approval came from Nebraska SC and I was not notified that the case had been moved. They all were sent to NVC and by next day I had 3 out of four welcome letters with the Nvc receipt number. Please note that all the I130 submitted were done in different days in may after hubby. I guess they knew it was al connected because of the questions in the form. 

So maybe yes, K3 helped!

Wow!  That is incredible!  Hope mine goes fast.  What was your estimated time of waiting per the USCIS?  Mine is saying 4 months now.

it changed so many times. I believe last time it said 7 months. Please do the K1 if you have not. It doesn't hurt to try. 

Timeline
On 7/28/2023 at 9:45 AM, KeilaSanchez said:

it changed so many times. I believe last time it said 7 months. Please do the K1 if you have not. It doesn't hurt to try. 

I did K3.  My stuff is at California.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.