Ovaaaao1

Any FOREIGNER attended interview from ANKARA?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,
I'm a foreigner residing in Izmir , Turkey. My wife petitioned for me. Most likely my petition will be approved soon. Now I'm worried about consular processing. Does it take too long for interview after DQed in Ankara? Does anyone have experience?

Thanks

Timeline
On 4/9/2023 at 7:48 PM, Ovaaaao1 said:

Hi,
I'm a foreigner residing in Izmir , Turkey. My wife petitioned for me. Most likely my petition will be approved soon. Now I'm worried about consular processing. Does it take too long for interview after DQed in Ankara? Does anyone have experience?

Thanks

Hello. I got dq’ed last February. Waiting for interview at Ankara. I heard for foreigners is taking longer dont know how true is that. I personally don’t believe that. 

23 hours ago, Shosho222 said:

Hello. I got dq’ed last February. Waiting for interview at Ankara. I heard for foreigners is taking longer dont know how true is that. I personally don’t believe that. 

We got DQed yesterday and waiting for interview at Ankara, too. How long it took you to get an interview after being DQed if you don’t mind me asking? 

Timeline
On 4/13/2023 at 6:10 AM, Azad&Darya said:

We got DQed yesterday and waiting for interview at Ankara, too. How long it took you to get an interview after being DQed if you don’t mind me asking? 

We haven’t gotten interview date yet 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
13 hours ago, ABDUL 0 said:

i got my DQ in SEP 2022 
Until now i still didn't have IL  
(Syrian) with Work Permeant Resident 

Hi abdul. Is your spouse US citizen or LPR? That can explain why your interview is taking so long. I read on other blog that they are setting appointments for people who DQ’ed on September October and November 

I'm a USC (born and raised) who applied for my wife (Iran). DQ April 2022. No luck yet 😕

5 hours ago, Shosho222 said:

Hi abdul. Is your spouse US citizen or LPR? That can explain why your interview is taking so long. I read on other blog that they are setting appointments for people who DQ’ed on September October and November 

Which blog did you read that on?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, BreadGiver said:

I'm a USC (born and raised) who applied for my wife (Iran). DQ April 2022. No luck yet 😕

Which blog did you read that on?

You been waiting for interview for a year?? Thats crazy!!! But then again ppl are saying they are giving priority to turkish citizens.I read that on https://yesilkartforum.com/forum/

Its in turkish,you can switch it to english

39 minutes ago, Shosho222 said:

You been waiting for interview for a year?? Thats crazy!!! But then again ppl are saying they are giving priority to turkish citizens.I read that on https://yesilkartforum.com/forum/

Its in turkish,you can switch it to english

Yep, its been a year. I was hoping it would be over by now. I've heard they are giving Turkish citizens priority too. I'm not sure why they are doing that.

I appreciate you posting the link! There is so little information about the US Embassy in Ankara on VJ. I know it's because there aren't many people going through there on the forum

Timeline
9 hours ago, BreadGiver said:

Yep, its been a year. I was hoping it would be over by now. I've heard they are giving Turkish citizens priority too. I'm not sure why they are doing that.

I appreciate you posting the link! There is so little information about the US Embassy in Ankara on VJ. I know it's because there aren't many people going through there on the forum

I pray you get your interview very soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.