Newcitizen

PR Filing For Unmarried Son Under 21

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello everyone and Happy Easter,

From what I understand, there is a visa category for Permanent Residents to file for their unmarried kids who are under 21. My question is, should the kids be under 21 at the time of the visa issuing? Should they be under 21 when the I-130 is approved?

I am asking for my parents in case they want to file for my brother who is now 19. Given there is 2 years until he will be 21.

Not sure at what stage the age is considered a qualifying factor.

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They need to file for him now, today, no reason to delay.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

They need to file for him now, today, no reason to delay.

I understand. However they are not in the US yet. They have an interview date coming in the next couple of weeks. I am trying to understand the age stage limit.

Timeline

Then when they arrive and they have the I 551 stamp in their passport, nobody can forecast the future all you can do is put yourself in the best situation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Then when they arrive and they have the I 551 stamp in their passport, nobody can forecast the future all you can do is put yourself in the best situation.

Is there some sort of aging out protection? For example if they file for him with USCIS and he gets approved before turning 21, does that mean he is safe? Or he has to finish NVC and Embassy stages while still under 21?

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.