Simeon Mezie Cole

Case number entered is currently unavailable

40 posts in this topic

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

Check if your case is in the system this is like the CEAC tracker there you will be able to check if its active etc.

I have not yet submitted the form to kCC, I was in the middle of the process  I filled in some information and saved, Some weeks after I got the remaining documents and decided to log back into the Ds-260 online application form it was  when I started experiencing this error message, starting the case number entered is currently unavailable, I try https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

This is what I get 

• Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number.

3 hours ago, Simeon Mezie Cole said:

I have not yet submitted the form to kCC, I was in the middle of the process  I filled in some information and saved, Some weeks after I got the remaining documents and decided to log back into the Ds-260 online application form it was  when I started experiencing this error message, starting the case number entered is currently unavailable, I try https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

This is what I get 

• Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number.

I will then suggest if you can email them on that email they have provide you with so they can actually investigate...this is ridiculous from them doing this to people and delaying everything that otherwise would have been done by now..i am sorry that this have happened to you. Stay strong! You got this! 

#KindnessMatters 🫂💯🫂

• 2 weeks later...

Your CN is blocked. Happens sometimes when there are too many unsuccesful logins. You’ll need to contact your local US embassy for an appointment to verify your identity before they can unblock it for you. 

I’m going to be honest though, it’s quite late to be at this stage. What’s your CN and embassy?

Filed: Timeline
On 4/19/2023 at 6:36 AM, throwitaway said:

Your CN is blocked. Happens sometimes when there are too many unsuccesful logins. You’ll need to contact your local US embassy for an appointment to verify your identity before they can unblock it for you. 

I’m going to be honest though, it’s quite late to be at this stage. What’s your CN and embassy?

If they haven't completed the DS-260, there is no way the case is at the Embassy. It is still at KCC.

Did you contact KCC via e-mail or phone call, as advised in the notice you received?

1 minute ago, jan22 said:

If they haven't completed the DS-260, there is no way the case is at the Embassy. It is still at KCC.

Did you contact KCC via e-mail or phone call, as advised in the notice you received?

Correct, the case is not at the embassy, but applicant has to verify identity at an embassy in order to unblock the CN. The applicant can’t fly to Kentucky for that can they? 

23 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Correct, the case is not at the embassy, but applicant has to verify identity at an embassy in order to unblock the CN. The applicant can’t fly to Kentucky for that can they? 

???

The Embassy does not have the ability to do anything on this case right now and no way they can verify identity or anything else on a case for which they have no information.  Plus, it is not a given that the issue the OP is having is because the CN is locked. It might be, but it might be something else.  The best thing the OP can do is contact KCC, as advised in the notice, to find out exactly what the issue is and get it addressed appropriately.

27 minutes ago, jan22 said:

???

The Embassy does not have the ability to do anything on this case right now and no way they can verify identity or anything else on a case for which they have no information.  Plus, it is not a given that the issue the OP is having is because the CN is locked. It might be, but it might be something else.  The best thing the OP can do is contact KCC, as advised in the notice, to find out exactly what the issue is and get it addressed appropriately.

Alright let me rephrase:

@Simeon Mezie Cole, contact KCC. Their phones are still closed, so you’ll have to email them. 

In the event your CN IS blocked, they may refer you to an embassy for identity verification. 

@jan22 Happy? 

On 4/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, throwitaway said:

Alright let me rephrase:

@Simeon Mezie Cole, contact KCC. Their phones are still closed, so you’ll have to email them. 

In the event your CN IS blocked, they may refer you to an embassy for identity verification. 

@jan22 Happy? 

There is no interaction between KCC and any Embassy on a case until the DS-260 is filed.  The Embassies do not have access to any of the information held at KCC until then, so they have nothing on which to base a verification of an individual's identity.

Just now, jan22 said:

There is no interaction between KCC and any Embassy on a case until the DS-260 is filed.  The Embassies do not have access to any of the information held at KCC until then, so they have nothing on which to base a verification of an individual's identity.

That’s 100% not accurate.

Blocked CNs sometimes require coordination between KCC and embassies in order to unblock the case,  so that the applicant can ultimately submit a DS260. Here’s an example, where a DS-260 has not been submitted yet. 

You can tag Brit Simon if you’d like, I’m done with this convo.

35152023-CB3B-4FF0-BC90-88A54DBF22C1.jpeg

Thanks for the follow-up info -- this is a change I obviously missed out on.  

Most important thing for the OP is what we said at the beginning --- he/she needs to contact KCC if the case number is still not available since that's the only way to find out what's going on.

Edited by jan22

On 4/25/2023 at 2:49 PM, jan22 said:

???

On 4/29/2023 at 2:50 PM, throwitaway said:

That’s 100% not accurate.

Blocked CNs sometimes require coordination between KCC and embassies in order to unblock the case,  so that the applicant can ultimately submit a DS260. Here’s an example, where a DS-260 has not been submitted yet. 

You can tag Brit Simon if you’d like, I’m done with this convo.

35152023-CB3B-4FF0-BC90-88A54DBF22C1.jpeg

Thanks so much for the advise on this , how can I connect with you so we can talk? This is my Email: Colesimeon31@gmail.com

whatsApp: +231778159415

Thanks to everyone for the advise, I appreciate, the thing is I have contacted KCC and also the US Embassy, 

and this is KCC response always: 

The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department.  In the future, please send your required documents to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov.

this is all get from them each time I send emails, and my CN is 22K

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.