Kawika & Michelle

Time From NOA2 To Embassy

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there,

My fiancé & I received our ready status from the NVC back on March 15th, 2023. Things seem to be a bit unclear, but it seems as if we need to wait to hear back from the embassy before we can schedule our interview. I reached out to the embassy a few days ago & was told that the case was still in transit from the NVC to the embassy in Manila. Has anyone been through the process recently & can give some insight as to how long it typically takes for the physical files to get to the embassy in Manila? I think the general FAQs indicate a 4-6 week window but I've seen some folks having their cases to Manila in less than a week. In hopes of getting a jump on the process, we've already completed her DS-160, paid the MRV fee & she is currently in Manila for her medical exam today & tomorrow. We currently also have scheduled our appointment for the next available slot of June 8th, 2023 with hopes that once we complete our medical exam that we can potentially grab any interview openings that pop up before June 8th. When I contacted that embassy, they did indicate that they could not conduct the interview until the physical files were delivered to the embassy, so right now we're really just waiting on that to happen.

Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kawika

Capture.JPG

Edited by Kawika

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

Timeline

We finally got our email from the Manila embassy yesterday (Monday, April 3rd, 2023 in Manila). Now we're just waiting for either our current scheduled interview (June 8th) or hopefully an earlier one that opens up before then.

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

Timeline

It took 96 days from NOA2 to the NVC sending us an email saying it was transferred to the embassy in Manila, we heard nothing else the entire time at NVC. Once it got to the embassy things moved rapidly.

Timeline

At this point we have everything done for the interview...we're just waiting for our scheduled date (June 8th) or hopefully something earlier will open up before then. Much like a lot of others...we've been waiting to be together since 2021...so I'm ready to bring her to the US as soon as possible.

Kawika & Michelle

Timeline
On 3/29/2023 at 10:13 AM, Kawika said:

Hi there,

My fiancé & I received our ready status from the NVC back on March 15th, 2023. Things seem to be a bit unclear, but it seems as if we need to wait to hear back from the embassy before we can schedule our interview. I reached out to the embassy a few days ago & was told that the case was still in transit from the NVC to the embassy in Manila. Has anyone been through the process recently & can give some insight as to how long it typically takes for the physical files to get to the embassy in Manila? I think the general FAQs indicate a 4-6 week window but I've seen some folks having their cases to Manila in less than a week. In hopes of getting a jump on the process, we've already completed her DS-160, paid the MRV fee & she is currently in Manila for her medical exam today & tomorrow. We currently also have scheduled our appointment for the next available slot of June 8th, 2023 with hopes that once we complete our medical exam that we can potentially grab any interview openings that pop up before June 8th. When I contacted that embassy, they did indicate that they could not conduct the interview until the physical files were delivered to the embassy, so right now we're really just waiting on that to happen.

Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kawika

Capture.JPG

Don't forget the CFO requirement, it is causing about a 2 month delay in my fiance getting here. Some will tell you you need the visa in hand before your CFO appointment but that is not true. Do the CFO appointment, when you get your visa in hand you can take it down and show it to them and they will give you the certificate of completion. My fiance got her visa in hand on 3/23/23 but the earliest available CFO appointment was 2 months later on 5/22. She would be here by now if it wasn't for the delay.

Timeline

Thanks for the heads up on the CFO. She was already approved for the CFO back in 2021 when we were forced to meet in Costa Rica. That process was a circus with all of the hoops we had to jump through to be able to get her to be able to leave the country. I think the only CFO related requirement she has left is to watch an online video presentation or something of the sort....but I'll reach out to my fiancé to make sure that we've got everything ready. I'd hate to wait all the way until June only to have to wait another 2 months for the CFO.

Kawika & Michelle

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/29/2023 at 1:06 PM, Kurt and Kristina said:

We are not that far behind you. Our NOA2 was Monday 3/27. Very interested in hearing the responses to this...

Hi! Just got approved for noa2, what is your status from nvc? Heard anything yet? What can I do while waiting? Any forms to fill out and have it ready? Thanks. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Hi! Just got approved for noa2, what is your status from nvc? Heard anything yet? What can I do while waiting? Any forms to fill out and have it ready? Thanks. 

Congrats!!  No, we still don't have our case number, it has been more than 30 days.

We have all our documents ready (NBI, CENOMAR, Birth Cert, Photos, I-134, DS-160, Receipt for DS-160, relationship books) and we have practiced for our interview.. but thats it until the case number

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

We have all our documents ready (NBI, CENOMAR, Birth Cert, Photos, I-134, DS-160, Receipt for DS-160, relationship books) and we have practiced for our interview.. but thats it until the case number

Have you guys been making public inquiries to request your case number? I thought the case number was required to complete the DS-160?

Kawika & Michelle

Timeline

Yes..every other day. I think my picture will soon be on the NVC lunch room as the current "PIA" :)

NOA2 3/24.

Actually, the case number wasn't required for the DS-160.  I thought it was too, but, from what I can figure out, and tell me if this makes sense...

DS-160 is good for one year and has a confirmation number

DS-160 payment receipt is good for one year and has a serialized number that shows either 'paid' or 'unpaid'

NOA2 from USCIS has a receipt number, the beneficiary has an "A" number, and that is linked to the case number.

So when you schedule the interview, you put in your case number (linked to the NOA2)

and at interview show the confirmation for the DS-160, that would then be linked to the Case number -and-

Embassy can verify the payment receipt number as valid

My only question when completing the personal info for the interview schedule, there is a mandatory field for 'priority date', not sure what to put there....

image.png.58e0d1d1b4dc1d0aab1746e8b14db763.png

"To Whom it Concerns:

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). 

Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again.

Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available."

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

My only question when completing the personal info for the interview schedule, there is a mandatory field for 'priority date', not sure what to put there....

I think we just put in the date on the top right of the NOA2 letter. It doesn't say priority date on the letter, but there is no other date to choose from & as you noted it is a mandatory field. I think the field is meant for a different thing & should not have been made mandatory on the form, but it won't be fixed any time soon.

Kawika & Michelle

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

Actually, the case number wasn't required for the DS-160.  I thought it was too, but, from what I can figure out, and tell me if this makes sense...

Yeah...now that I am thinking about it (we filled ours out back in March)...I think it may not have been needed for the DS-160. Maybe it was required for actually scheduling the interview.

Kawika & Michelle

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

Congrats!!  No, we still don't have our case number, it has been more than 30 days.

On form I-134, there is an expiration date on top right corner. It’s 2 months away. Can I still use it?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Kawika & Michelle said:

Yeah...now that I am thinking about it (we filled ours out back in March)...I think it may not have been needed for the DS-160. Maybe it was required for actually scheduling the interview.

Yes.. totally agree that it will be needed (welcome letter)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.