Jera Cute

IR5 Documents for Visa Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I am new to this site and the page really helped me a lot. You were able to answer my questions. My parent’s Medical will be on the 28th of March and the interview will be on the 30th. 

What supporting legal documents should I bring to the US Embassy upon interview? 

My sister who’s at the United States sent me her original Tax Analysis 2019 way back 2020 since my mom’s DS-260 was completed last June 2020.

Should I bring the original Tax Analysis for 2019?

And scan her latest Tax Analysis which is issued 2022?or will the W2 page suffice the financial support documents? I’m sorry, I’m not from the US that’s why I’m not really familiar with the terms. I’m assisting may parents on their interview.

With regards to DS-260 confirmation, should I bring only one copy which is the confirmation page alone?

I just want to have a smooth transaction especially that we live in the province and my parents are senior citizen. I hope someone could help me. Thanks a lot!

4 hours ago, Jera Cute said:

Hello! I am new to this site and the page really helped me a lot. You were able to answer my questions. My parent’s Medical will be on the 28th of March and the interview will be on the 30th. 

What supporting legal documents should I bring to the US Embassy upon interview? 

My sister who’s at the United States sent me her original Tax Analysis 2019 way back 2020 since my mom’s DS-260 was completed last June 2020.

Should I bring the original Tax Analysis for 2019?

And scan her latest Tax Analysis which is issued 2022?or will the W2 page suffice the financial support documents? I’m sorry, I’m not from the US that’s why I’m not really familiar with the terms. I’m assisting may parents on their interview.

With regards to DS-260 confirmation, should I bring only one copy which is the confirmation page alone?

I just want to have a smooth transaction especially that we live in the province and my parents are senior citizen. I hope someone could help me. Thanks a lot!

MIL just finished hers two weeks ago.

Originals of Birth Certificate, My wife's Birth Certificate, NBI (also had an aka NBI because of a name issue), our tax transcripts for 2020, 2021 and we provided her our end of year W2's

Edit: She also had our marriage license PSA copy to show the name change for my wife

Edited by jskibo

6 hours ago, Jera Cute said:

The sponsor's IRS tax transcript OR complete tax return package for the most recent tax year is required.  For interviews before April 18, 2023, the most recent tax year would be 2021, regardless of when the case was documentarily qualified at NVC.  Also, the NBI clearance should be recently issued, preferably within 1 year of the interview date.

Make sure the latest IRS transcript and updated NBI clearance (if needed) are uploaded to CEAC prior to the interview.  If not, your parent may be asked to leave the embassy and return only after the documents have been scanned and uploaded.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Chancy said:

The sponsor's IRS tax transcript OR complete tax return package for the most recent tax year is required.  For interviews before April 18, 2023, the most recent tax year would be 2021, regardless of when the case was documentarily qualified at NVC.  Also, the NBI clearance should be recently issued, preferably within 1 year of the interview date.

Make sure the latest IRS transcript and updated NBI clearance (if needed) are uploaded to CEAC prior to the interview.  If not, your parent may be asked to leave the embassy and return only after the documents have been scanned and uploaded.

May I know how will I be able to upload these documents?

8 hours ago, jskibo said:

MIL just finished hers two weeks ago.

Originals of Birth Certificate, My wife's Birth Certificate, NBI (also had an aka NBI because of a name issue), our tax transcripts for 2020, 2021 and we provided her our end of year W2's

Edit: She also had our marriage license PSA copy to show the name change for my wife

Thanks for this! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.