OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

571 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aaron2013 said:

Thank you!

Sorry I am quite new on this forum. PD is 2017 EB2 NIW, so PD is current.

No worries. OK, so you're definitely in the queue for an interview - out of interest, why has it taken 6 years though?!

Are the other cases spousal applicants? They're usually given priority, so you may find that's why they have had IL's and you haven't. Hope you hear soon, good luck.

On 5/6/2023 at 11:54 AM, appleblossom said:

Brilliant! Congrats and thanks for the update. 

That confirms my understanding - cut off date of 5th of the month, all cases received before that scheduled for interviews and IL’s sent at end of the month. I wasn’t sure if that was just for spousal applicants though, it’s great to know it’s for EB cases as well. 

So hopefully end of this month for us then, and an interview date in June or July. 

Congrats again and good luck with the move. 

Bro I have a real quick question did you request expedite for your interview date? Cause I read your previous posts and it appears like you got Interview Letter just one month after DQ. Looking forward to a respond thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Obidkhan said:

Bro I have a real quick question did you request expedite for your interview date? Cause I read your previous posts and it appears like you got Interview Letter just one month after DQ. Looking forward to a respond thanks

A lot of that depends on the Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Obidkhan said:

I know just tryna finding out if EB1 has more priority than EB2 since I came across some posts saying that they got Interview for EB2 2 months after DQ. In this case they prioritize EB1 to EB2

Not as far as I know, nothing I have come across.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

25 minutes ago, Obidkhan said:

No, we had no reason to expedite. It will depend on the consulate, ours was standard for London. 

8 minutes ago, Obidkhan said:

I guess user called onpoint got Interview letter for EB2 2 months after DQ at London Embassy. If appleblossom’s EB1 wasn’t expedited then they definitely prioritized him since it took a month at the same embassy

Her actually. 

And it could be EB1 is prioritised, but it could also just depend on DQ date. Most consulates only send out IL’s once a month so if you get DQ’ed after the cut off date for that month, you have to wait until the next. 

Edited by appleblossom

16 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Her actually. 

And it could be EB1 is prioritised, but it could also just depend on DQ date. Most consulates only send out IL’s once a month so if you get DQ’ed after the cut off date for that month, you have to wait until the next. 

Gothca. What was your dq date? It was Feb 9 for onpoint

Just now, appleblossom said:

Don’t remember off the top of my head, mid April I think? 

Go to “Only EB1/EB2 update” thread please. There is a person still waiting on EB2 at London consulate and their DQ was April 21, 2023. In this case they almost certainly prioritize EB1 cases, as I expected. 

17 minutes ago, Obidkhan said:

Go to “Only EB1/EB2 update” thread please. There is a person still waiting on EB2 at London consulate and their DQ was April 21, 2023. In this case they almost certainly prioritize EB1 cases, as I expected. 

Looking at the table in that thread, the only EB2 person I can see who was DQ’ed on that date was ‘snm2122’, but their PD isn’t current so of course they haven’t received an IL yet, they probably won’t until the end of the year at the earliest.

Unless you mean someone else? If so please give a link to a post or their username as I’m not sure who it is. 

Edited by appleblossom

11 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Or perhaps their PD simply isn’t current. I’m not trawling the whole thread to try and find who you’re referring to, you need to give a link to a post or their username. 

Priority: 9/29/22

Edit: How it’s not current? It’s literally 2022. Reached my post limit sorry

@snm2212

Edited by Obidkhan

19 minutes ago, Obidkhan said:

Priority: 9/29/22

Edit: How it’s not current? It’s literally 2022. Reached my post limit sorry

@snm2212

PD for EB2 ROW is 15th Feb 2022 in this months Visa Bulletin so only people with PD’s before that date will be scheduled for interviews. Their PD is 29th Sept 2022, so they’ve got a while to wait. 

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.