OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

610 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, OnPoint said:

Update: Hello everyone. My green card status changed to "Card Being Produced" 🤩  last Monday, September 11th, after I had been in America for three weeks. Does anyone have an idea of how long it will take to arrive?

Mine changed a few days before yours but the status still says the same thing and no sign of it yet. I’m keeping an eye on Informed Delivery as well as I gather it sometimes doesn’t update with the tracking info on USCIS. 

I’ll let you know if they turn up this week. 

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Mine changed a few days before yours but the status still says the same thing and no sign of it yet. I’m keeping an eye on Informed Delivery as well as I gather it sometimes doesn’t update with the tracking info on USCIS. 

I’ll let you know if they turn up this week. 

Are you allwoed to look for a job right away or do you have to wait for the card

1 hour ago, dolibash said:

Are you allwoed to look for a job right away or do you have to wait for the card

Cards can take months to arrive but they’re not needed as the IV serves as your green card for a year once you’ve entered on it and it’s been stamped. 

I already had a job and an O visa, we only got green cards so that my teenage children could work and stay if they wanted - my daughter has been working at our local Starbucks for several weeks already. We’ve also opened bank accounts, got learners permits etc, with no problems at all. 

Edited by appleblossom

19 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Cards can take months to arrive but they’re not needed as the IV serves as your green card for a year once you’ve entered on it and it’s been stamped. 

I already had a job and an O visa, we only got green cards so that my teenage children could work and stay if they wanted - my daughter has been working at our local Starbucks for several weeks already. We’ve also opened bank accounts, got learners permits etc, with no problems at all. 

Hi @appleblossom, how long did it take for you to receive your SSN? did you need to apply for it after your arrival? Thank you :)

8 minutes ago, Eren said:

Hi @appleblossom, how long did it take for you to receive your SSN? did you need to apply for it after your arrival? Thank you :)

We'd ticked the box on the DS-260 to ask for one to be sent to us. I don't actually know how long it took, as it was waiting at our rental house when we arrived there - but that was 10 days after we entered the US. So it was definitely received at some point in the 10 days between us arriving in Boston and then picking up our mail at the new house.

The only thing was that 3 of us had the SSN's, and my 18 year old daughter didn't. We waited another couple of weeks and then went to an office, and they told her it was because there is another person with exactly the same name and DOB in the US already, so somebody had decided she didn't need another SSN and cancelled her application - even though she is actually a different person. 😂 But once we'd sorted that out, hers arrived within about a week.

HTH.

2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

We'd ticked the box on the DS-260 to ask for one to be sent to us. I don't actually know how long it took, as it was waiting at our rental house when we arrived there - but that was 10 days after we entered the US. So it was definitely received at some point in the 10 days between us arriving in Boston and then picking up our mail at the new house.

The only thing was that 3 of us had the SSN's, and my 18 year old daughter didn't. We waited another couple of weeks and then went to an office, and they told her it was because there is another person with exactly the same name and DOB in the US already, so somebody had decided she didn't need another SSN and cancelled her application - even though she is actually a different person. 😂 But once we'd sorted that out, hers arrived within about a week.

HTH.

image.png.9bba587329354eb3a7be3c32db2af33a.png

Thanks for your reply. I thought that box was for the green card only. The address I provided is no longer valid, but they're going to ask again at the interview, aren't they?

Edited by Eren

44 minutes ago, Eren said:

image.png.9bba587329354eb3a7be3c32db2af33a.png

Thanks for your reply. I thought that box was for the green card only. The address I provided is no longer valid, but they're going to ask again at the interview, aren't they?

There's a different section specifically for the SSN, you tick a box to say you want it sent automatically after you enter on the immigrant visa.

But yes, you can provide an updated address for the green card at the interview, we did the same thing as we didn't have a house when we applied so just used my office address. I typed it up and printed it out and took it with me, the officer updated it during the interview.

On 9/17/2023 at 12:46 PM, OnPoint said:

Update: Hello everyone. My green card status changed to "Card Being Produced" 🤩  last Monday, September 11th, after I had been in America for three weeks. Does anyone have an idea of how long it will take to arrive?

Update from me - changed to 'card was mailed' today, so that's taken 11 days.

Just now, Sheegelege said:

@appleblossom what was your experience/process  going through the border control (CBP) with your visa and packet? Thanks 

A doddle. 5 minutes if that, just checked our paperwork, checked the address to send the GC's too, and stamped the visas, then waved us on our way. I've had more questions when entering on holiday! 

35 minutes ago, OnPoint said:

Congrats!! Your journey is over finally. Hopefully, I will receive my one this week. 

Not sure I'll think it's over until the cards actually arrive - Informed Delivery says there are 3 packets on the way from USCIS but there are 4 of us, so somebody doesn't have one yet! 😂

On 9/11/2023 at 8:50 PM, appleblossom said:

Update: cards being produced as of 9th Sept, so exactly 6 weeks after entering the US. Hopefully GC's will be delivered this week.

Thanks for letting me know, @appleblossom 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.