ElGrandeDoodel

Rescheduling London Consulate IR-1/CR-1 interview - new process?

31 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

An update, because seeing update from the users before me helped a lot!

I clicked reschedule on my appointment on around the 25th of May. Daily since then, I have checked the website and there were no appointments available, and I was getting a little stressed. Then, upon checking today, I was able to rebook and appointments were available. All were on the 17th to 20th of July, and with several timeslots to look at each day!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I have seen this before I clicked the "reschedule" button. The UK embassy website immediately cancelled my appointment before I can even see if there are dates available. Then I was so panic as I was not able to see any dates! You guys' experience gave me so hope! I am in the US now and I need to fly back to London for my medical check and interview, it has been 2 years since my husband submitted the petition. It has been such a long journey and things went wrong at every step!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
On 3/13/2023 at 9:26 PM, timcornelissen said:

An update: today I was able to see appointments available for rescheduling! After checking daily for the past weeks, today I was presented with a few dates and time slots. Unfortunately these slots are all in between the 20th (my original interview date) and 28th April, during which I will still be traveling, so I will keep checking.

But it is good to confirm that this rescheduling system does actually seem to work, and you no longer have to miss your original interview to reschedule. I am not sure why they released some appointment slots now, but assume they will do this every so often.

Hello. I saw this post and was hoping for a bit of help. I saw that you were able to cancel and see appointments prior to your missed appointment. I'm unfortunately in the same situation, due to family undergoing cancer treatments, I need to reschedule. I have reached out to the embassy by phone and email but haven't gotten a response. I did register my interview (for end of july) and courier, but cannot find a way to reschedule or cancel it on that website. I know I'm in a different embassy/ country than you, but can you provide some guidance. It seems counterproductive to just not show up, when wasting interview officer time and appointment could go to another person. Can you give me some advice on where to go on website (Isa.usvisa-info.com) to reschedule and how it works?? Thank you and appreciate any advice. 

On 6/13/2023 at 9:44 AM, sarahlou12 said:

An update, because seeing update from the users before me helped a lot!

I clicked reschedule on my appointment on around the 25th of May. Daily since then, I have checked the website and there were no appointments available, and I was getting a little stressed. Then, upon checking today, I was able to rebook and appointments were available. All were on the 17th to 20th of July, and with several timeslots to look at each day!

Hi there, 

Did you manage to book a new appointment? I'm a bit panic as I'm seeing no availability. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, A+D said:

Hello. I saw this post and was hoping for a bit of help. I saw that you were able to cancel and see appointments prior to your missed appointment. I'm unfortunately in the same situation, due to family undergoing cancer treatments, I need to reschedule. I have reached out to the embassy by phone and email but haven't gotten a response. I did register my interview (for end of july) and courier, but cannot find a way to reschedule or cancel it on that website. I know I'm in a different embassy/ country than you, but can you provide some guidance. It seems counterproductive to just not show up, when wasting interview officer time and appointment could go to another person. Can you give me some advice on where to go on website (Isa.usvisa-info.com) to reschedule and how it works?? Thank you and appreciate any advice. 

Each country/embassy has different process, I think you should go to the embassy website for more guidance. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

7 hours ago, A+D said:

As Vicki430 mentioned, the process is different for each embassy. Even for the London embassy it was not possible to do this rescheduling beforehand until recently. People indeed had to wait and miss the original appointment, which I agree seems like a waste.
I don't remember exactly how it worked for me, but I think there was a pretty obvious 'Cancel your appointment' button. If you can't find such a button, I would assume that rescheduling beforehand is not an option.

On 6/28/2023 at 2:04 PM, Vicki430 said:

Hi there, 

Did you manage to book a new appointment? I'm a bit panic as I'm seeing no availability. Thanks!

Don’t panic, as per the posts above it can take weeks for new slots to show up. So don’t worry if it takes a while. Good luck. 

On 6/28/2023 at 2:04 PM, Vicki430 said:

Hi there, 

Hi there, yes I was able to book a new appointment after about two weeks or so. I cancelled my July 17 interview on May 24th or so, and on the 13th June interview dates for 17-20th July became available and I rebooked. I had checked daily up until then and there was nothing at all showing up, so they get released at random times. The button was a reschedule button, but by selecting that and going through it will basically cancel your appointment so that you can then book another one when it becomes available. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.