Paparazi

AP for Police check (split)

12 posts in this topic

I need to ask a question please, its about DV process. Grateful if anyone have good expereicne on this 

My family went for a DV interview on 9 February, but I used the wrong Police Certificate, I was told to get the RCMP,  then resumit with our (Wife and I with two kids), out passport with the Police Certificate for my wife and I. When we got home our status was Refused with the long text. We sent the document on 21 Feb, today I saw status date updated but the Refusal was still there. I was hoping it should at least change to AP and then approve. I am not sure why it still remains on Refusal. This is DV Lottery interview, and its most times processed faster. 

Many thanks for your support. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post split off unrelated thread, and moved to the Diversity Lottery Visas Forum - as the process differs from K1's and Spousal Visas~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

AP is AP. 

It takes a few days for paperwork and a variable amount of days to run background checks.  For those who have faced long AP, the delay is due to background checks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 3:35 AM, Paparazi said:

I need to ask a question please, its about DV process. Grateful if anyone have good expereicne on this 

My family went for a DV interview on 9 February, but I used the wrong Police Certificate, I was told to get the RCMP,  then resumit with our (Wife and I with two kids), out passport with the Police Certificate for my wife and I. When we got home our status was Refused with the long text. We sent the document on 21 Feb, today I saw status date updated but the Refusal was still there. I was hoping it should at least change to AP and then approve. I am not sure why it still remains on Refusal. This is DV Lottery interview, and its most times processed faster. 

Many thanks for your support. 

Hi Paparazi  , did you eventually get your visa issued?

On 3/1/2023 at 3:54 AM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

AP is AP. 

It takes a few days for paperwork and a variable amount of days to run background checks.  For those who have faced long AP, the delay is due to background checks.

Thanks, but the last email, I got was that it is waiting for CO review. I think it is background checks and all, we should havebe informed. All we were told was to bring another kind of Police Certificate. My thinking...

2 minutes ago, Boaggie said:

Yes we did our interview Feb 16 got 221g to submit Police Clearance from Qatar for my spouse

Submitted it March 10th

Status update march 15 still refused

Second status update March 21st still refused

Was hoping for a change soon

I was told it takes between 4 - 6 weeks, some says sometimes 8 weeks, before it clears. I pressume there are lots of people in that queue, so they attend to it one after the other. Did you send them any email at any time?

12 hours ago, Paparazi said:

I was told it takes between 4 - 6 weeks, some says sometimes 8 weeks, before it clears. I pressume there are lots of people in that queue, so they attend to it one after the other. Did you send them any email at any time?

Yes we did send an email they replied that the CO has qued our case for review and there is a backlog of cases that they are working to clear and they are not certain how long it will take🤦

On 3/24/2023 at 7:27 AM, Boaggie said:

Yes we did send an email they replied that the CO has qued our case for review and there is a backlog of cases that they are working to clear and they are not certain how long it will take🤦

Lets be hopeful, we submitted our document 28 Februray,  4 weeks just passed. So hopefully, they get to us, others said it took them less than six week. Let me know if you get a better news. 

Edited by Paparazi

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, FONA said:

What is AP?

In reference to this post, and when in reference to the embassy/consulate, Administrative Processing.

In reference to form I-131, to be able to travel outside the US when there is a I-485 in progress at USCIS, Advance Parole.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.