darna

Denied Removing of Condition

30 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I came here thru K1 fiance visa and got my conditional 2 yrs greencard.. my ex husband and i got divorce 8 months ago, I filed to remove my conditional greencard alone..I dont have enough evidence like joint bank account and joint ownership together so they denied my application..My greencard will expire january next year..Also i been married with my new husband 5 months ago...I wonder if theres anything my husband can help me about my case?

I hope someone here can give me some advice or info what should i do.? :crying:

If your GC doesn't expire until January, how did you file to remove conditions before the 90 day window? Or have I missed something here.

Jen

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

If your GC doesn't expire until January, how did you file to remove conditions before the 90 day window? Or have I missed something here.

Jen

You don't have to wait until the end of the 2 years if you divorce.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Jen

You don't have to wait until the end of the 2 years if you divorce.

Oh, I understand now....thanks for clearing that up for me :thumbs:

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Hi Guys, I came here thru K1 fiance visa and got my conditional 2 yrs greencard.. my ex husband and i got divorce 8 months ago, I filed to remove my conditional greencard alone..I dont have enough evidence like joint bank account and joint ownership together so they denied my application..My greencard will expire january next year..Also i been married with my new husband 5 months ago...I wonder if theres anything my husband can help me about my case?

See an immigration lawyer.

The problem is that, if they deny your I-751, I'm not sure what information gets entered on your record. I think there's a chance they will put a finding of fraud or misrepresentation on your record -- this is something you need to discuss with that attorney.

If they decide that your original marriage was a sham for the purpose of immigration benefits, then you are permanently barred from admission to the US. It doesn't matter if you have a later marriage to a USC that is provably genuine, once there's a finding of fraud, it's a permanent ban.

So see that immigration attorney and find out what needs to be done to prevent them from issuing a finding of fraud.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: Timeline

See an immigration lawyer.

The problem is that, if they deny your I-751, I'm not sure what information gets entered on your record. I think there's a chance they will put a finding of fraud or misrepresentation on your record -- this is something you need to discuss with that attorney.

If they decide that your original marriage was a sham for the purpose of immigration benefits, then you are permanently barred from admission to the US. It doesn't matter if you have a later marriage to a USC that is provably genuine, once there's a finding of fraud, it's a permanent ban.

So see that immigration attorney and find out what needs to be done to prevent them from issuing a finding of fraud.

lucyrich,

Do you believe there is a difference between a "finding of fraud" and a denial due to lack of evidence to support the bonafides of marriage?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

lucyrich,

Do you believe there is a difference between a "finding of fraud" and a denial due to lack of evidence to support the bonafides of marriage?

This is an area that's beyond my understanding, which is why I suggested consulting an attorney.

For a story that's somewhat similar, but still different in a lot of very relevant details, read this article. It talks about a scenario where a couple files a K-1, and the consulate says they don't have enough evidence of a bona fide relationship. So they forget about the K-1, marry, and file a K-3, with all sorts of valid evidence. But the old denied K-1 results in a finding of misrepresentation, thus messing up the K-3. In the article cited, there are a number of things that are NOT relevant to the I-751 process, notably there's no involvement by the Department of State or a consulate.

I'm not sure what the results of a denied I-751 will be, but I know that it is extremely important to avoid having a finding of fraud or misrepresentation on one's record. And I also know that the procedures aren't always intuitively obvious or "right". Anytime someone seems to be getting anywhere near having such a finding issued, it's time to be very careful, be armed with a thorough knowledge of the law and procedures, and to do what's necessary to convince the authorities that there was no fraud or misrepresentation.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

lucyrich,

This is an area that's beyond my understanding, which is why I suggested consulting an attorney.

For a story that's somewhat similar, but still different in a lot of very relevant details, read this article. It talks about a scenario where a couple files a K-1, and the consulate says they don't have enough evidence of a bona fide relationship. So they forget about the K-1, marry, and file a K-3, with all sorts of valid evidence. But the old denied K-1 results in a finding of misrepresentation, thus messing up the K-3. In the article cited, there are a number of things that are NOT relevant to the I-751 process, notably there's no involvement by the Department of State or a consulate.

I'm not sure what the results of a denied I-751 will be, but I know that it is extremely important to avoid having a finding of fraud or misrepresentation on one's record. And I also know that the procedures aren't always intuitively obvious or "right". Anytime someone seems to be getting anywhere near having such a finding issued, it's time to be very careful, be armed with a thorough knowledge of the law and procedures, and to do what's necessary to convince the authorities that there was no fraud or misrepresentation.

Thank you guys for opinions and advices..I know im in a bad position right now, My marriage to my original husband that petition me is Genuine, Is just happen that he lives with his parents and all the utilities, the house is already in their name and so thats why we dont have joint ownership together..Also he never put me in his bank account or anything he has..and so thats why we dont have anything in our name together but our Marriage certificate and pictures together..We got divorce because i ask him if we can move out from his parents so we have own privacy but he refuse me and he said he rather live with his parents..and so thats why start our feud and end up to divorce..

Its so hard that because of his irresponsibilities decision now i dont have any documents like those financial things..

Hello All,

I just saw this post and I wanted to get some advise from you guys.....I have been married once before and my wife then had filed for my AOS,but we got divorced within 6 months because we had lot of our differences,we did not appear for the AOS interview ,so then I just received work auth for 1 year,........3 years later I married again and my wonderful wife applied for my AOS and we were approved,at the interview,the officer asked about my previous marriage and I told him the truth,and no further questions were asked,i recd my 2 year conditional card a week later.....now that we are removing conditions,filing jointly after 2 yrs ( 7.5 months ..still waiting at NSC), do you think the previous marriage issue would be raised again...I just want to be prepared in advance..

Would appretiate your response-Kishore

Hello All,

I just saw this post and I wanted to get some advise from you guys.....I have been married once before and my wife then had filed for my AOS,but we got divorced within 6 months because we had lot of our differences,we did not appear for the AOS interview ,so then I just received work auth for 1 year,........3 years later I married again and my wonderful wife applied for my AOS and we were approved,at the interview,the officer asked about my previous marriage and I told him the truth,and no further questions were asked,i recd my 2 year conditional card a week later.....now that we are removing conditions,filing jointly after 2 yrs ( 7.5 months ..still waiting at NSC), do you think the previous marriage issue would be raised again...I just want to be prepared in advance..

Are you the foreigner?

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Hello All,

Are you the foreigner?

Is that possible? That my new husband can file a new AOS for me, rather than me going back to my country and start all over again by him petetion me as a spouse?

If you want to stay in this country after your I-751 was denied, you absolutely MUST hire a good immigration attorney. I was sure that I will be fine without one (I had a lot of join stuff), but I wish I paid $$ instead of waisting three years of my life on waiting after interview (over five years since I submitted I-751).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.