Rlyn76

Petition to children above 18 years old

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day, My mom would like to petition her children (my 2 brothers) who are now above 18 years of age and are single with kids. How long is the processing time for my brothers who are single? How long is the processing time for a married son petitioned  by a US citizen parent? Thank you.

K1 Timeline

05/23/2006 - The first time we wrote each other

05/27/2007 - The first we chatted

11/16/2007 - The first time we met personally [it was my birthday]

11/21/2007 - Engagement Date

03/10/2008 - Sent application to CSC

03/17/2008 - NOA

05/17/2008 - His 2nd visit

06/05/2008 - NVC issued case number MNL2008637XXX & forwarded our case to USEM

06/19 to 06/20/2008 - Medical exam schedule at St. Luke's Extension Clinic [PASSED!]

07/11/2008 - Interview Passed!!! God is so greatful!!!

10/17/2008 - Arrived in US POE - Detroit

01/03/2009 - Wedding day!!!

AOS

03/24/2009 - US Medical Exam (PTB skin test)

04/06/2009 - Adjustment of Status (AOS) sent to USCIS in Chicago

04/17/2009 - NOA1 Received

04/20/2009 - NOA2 Received

05/07/2009 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is your Mother a USC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Actually it does not make much difference maybe 15 years or so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hello Rlyn76,

My mom petition my 3 siblings unmarried ( 1 minor and 2 over 21 ) since yr 2019 before covid, she is green card holder. All of them were approved and all case are in NVC. However, until now we do not have visa yet. My minor brother is so far documentarily complete at NVC and still waiting for interview which is taking so long time, due to covid backlogs the processing is like a snail, we are worried as he is aging out 21 yrs old next year. My other 2 brothers that are over 21 yrs old are still waiting from NVC to tell us to submit all documents needed but so far no further action required yet, as NVC says they are waiting to become visa available.. we knew over 21yrs old will take long years processing compare to my minor siblings.. we always contact NVC but we are still waiting here no clue when is the interview coming, we hope really soon! Hope this information will help you!

Edited by Lily-ice82

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.