EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

489 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, WaltAimee said:

I requested that my congresswoman do an inquiry in late October of 2023 and at that time the response was that the embassy was processing cases that were DQ on or before June of 2021, so if within three months NVC has caught up with 16 months of backlog it won’t take them very long to get current.

Either they caught up preternaturally quickly, or responses to inquiries are all over the place....

Screenshot 2024-02-06 170807.png

I read all 23 pages of this. In 2023 there was 2 mass expedite, one in January and the other on June 26th. I was assuming it would be the same thing this year. Has anyone heard if there was another mass expedite at the end of January? I am just trying to understand if there is a method to their madness. 

1 minute ago, james2019 said:

I read all 23 pages of this. In 2023 there was 2 mass expedite, one in January and the other on June 26th. I was assuming it would be the same thing this year. Has anyone heard if there was another mass expedite at the end of January? I am just trying to understand if there is a method to their madness. 

What's happened in the past isn't really relevant, and you can't assume the same will happen again. There may be no more mass expedites at all (certainly, that seems to be the case judging from emails people are being sent, as above), or even if there are they are unlikely to be in the exact same months as the previous year.

Sure we can. If they did it before they might do it again. We don't know what is going on but since they will not communicate we have no choice but to ask others or try and analyze using a trend analysis. 

I have been waiting since 2019, yes 5 years for my wife. 1st with a fiance visa, then when things were stalled during the pandemic i did the CR1/IR1. 5 years without my wife waiting on immigration.  Being a combat war veteran doesn't get any consideration either. We are all in the same boat. But the fact that i have been waiting for 5 years since 2019 has made my wait time beyond comprehension. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jason and May said:

Either they caught up preternaturally quickly, or responses to inquiries are all over the place....

Screenshot 2024-02-06 170807.png

So does this mean that, for now, the K-1 is much faster than a CR-1 for the Philippines?  My fiancee got her K-1 interview in Manila very quickly after her NOA2 

15 hours ago, WaltAimee said:

I requested that my congresswoman do an inquiry in late October of 2023 and at that time the response was that the embassy was processing cases that were DQ on or before June of 2021, so if within three months NVC has caught up with 16 months of backlog it won’t take them very long to get current.

I’m hoping so. This wait has been ridiculous 

21 hours ago, Jason and May said:

Where did you get this quote? I've seen this exact quote in another group, except the date was January 2023. I'm just curious. 

If beneficiaries have been waiting 2 years post-DQ for their IL, I would imagine there would be a lot more talk about this, but now my interest is piqued. 

This was the response my Congressman’s office received on February 2nd. I’m hoping they are actually moving as fast as it looks like

37 minutes ago, Vegamanx7 said:

This was the response my Congressman’s office received on February 2nd. I’m hoping they are actually moving as fast as it looks like

Your congressman you contacted, didn't happen to be Omni Vera, did it?

I have been also following the Manila - US Embassy (DQ) group on Facebook.  Seems like ILs are being sent today; 08 FEB 2024.  Those that have been IL'd that I can see for now have been for Feb - Mar 2023.  So finally things are starting to move at the very least.

Edited by flipicaneze

I have been also following the Manila - US Embassy (DQ) group on Facebook.  Seems like ILs are being sent today; 08 FEB 2024.  Those that have been IL'd that I can see for now have been for Feb - Mar 2023.  So finally things are starting to move at the very least.

what is an IL? i am not familiar with this acronym. I thought we were all IR-1/CR-1

5 hours ago, flipicaneze said:

Seems like ILs are being sent today; 08 FEB 2024.  Those that have been IL'd that I can see for now have been for Feb - Mar 2023. 

I saw those reports too.  They appear to be credible and that is kind of big news.  Here is my take on the situation.  There are only a relative handful of IR1/IR2 cases remaining for US Embassy Manila that have DQ dates older than mid May of 2023.  It is very demonstrable that that almost all ordinary CR/IR-1/2 cases up to somewhere in May were included in the late June "mass-expedite".  The only older cases outstanding had something that artificially held them back, like they are F2A to IR1 cases where the sponsor naturalized after the the late June mass expedite etc.  So Feb-Mar 2023 cases getting interview letters are not huge numbers.

What DOES have huge numbers and got many more interview letters today for Feb-Mar 2023 DQ dates are IR5's.  Previously IR5, and CR/IR-1/2 cases were in different queues at USEM and CR/IR-1/2 were prioritized.  What it really seriously looks like is going on here is last June USEM cleared all the CR/IR-1/2 cases up until mid May and then removed any prioritization for any cases that didn't make the cut and dumped them into the lengthy IR5 backlog.  The clearing of the IR5 backlog is more trackable because of the numbers of cases and sponsors who are active online.  It will be interesting to follow if the CR/IR-1/2 backlog now remains in lockstep with IR5.  I am wagering that they do. If it's any consolation they have been clearing the IR5 backlog very quickly.

If indeed USEM developed a large backlog that did not previously exist as they work to reduce other backlogs that does seem incredibly dumb.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.