EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

489 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2023 at 6:50 PM, top_secret said:

I have been watching the "inventory" kind of carefully the last week or so and it has done some very interesting things.  At the beginning of last week CR/IR-1/2 had about 600 appointments open in July.  Then in the two days immediately preceding the mass expedite of Fxx cases last week,  225 appointments from the first two weeks of July disappeared in large blocks.   I'm pretty sure they were reallocated to Fxx.  However, yesterday, about 50 appointments in the first two weeks of July appeared in CR/IR-1/2 and the odd part there is it included Friday interviews in 20 minute intervals rather than the usual 30 minute intervals and there have NEVER been Friday appointments for CR/IR-1/2 or Fxx categories before.  I'm speculating they were reallocated away from K1 or some other category???

In any case,  CR/IR-1/2  started last week with about 600 July, and 670 August appointments available.   Since the mass expedites took place July is down to about 175 and August about 500 remaining.   Over on the Fxx side of things, I think they are approaching being booked solid down from probably 1400 open appointments when they started.

The logic of doing in mass after no scheduling at all for months escapes me,  but it seems very likely US embassy Manila expedited like well over 3,000 Fxx and CR/IR cases in groups last Thursday and this Wednesday.

Can we take a guess if there's any chance that they might do another batch of mass expedite at all? How are appointment slots looking this week if I may bother you to check, good sir?
I was able to create a cgi account for my husband but cannot see appointment slots unfortunately since he is still in DQ stage. Thank you!

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

2 minutes ago, Evan757 said:

Meanwhile the NVC was lying to senators and congressmen. Incredible. People need to be fired (it won't happen).

I'm more inclined to believe that it was an oversight that went unnoticed.  Nobody died.  Nobody is getting fired.  They'll fix it just in time to quell to the next dumpster fire. 🤣  

Just now, aaroncv3 said:

I'm more inclined to believe that it was an oversight that went unnoticed.  Nobody died.  Nobody is getting fired.  They'll fix it just in time to quell to the next dumpster fire. 🤣  

Hard to believe it went unnoticed when they were getting emails from every single congressman and senator's office in the country, honestly (including my congressman)

2 minutes ago, Evan757 said:

Hard to believe it went unnoticed when they were getting emails from every single congressman and senator's office in the country, honestly (including my congressman)

I actually wish you were right.  It would have been a feat of cooperation!

Sadly, I believe it is more likely that few legislative branch electees understood the problem.  These offices may receive thousands of correspondence weekly; at that scale, details get missed.

A motive of targeted, malicious intent is not clear to me, and discussion about that would probably be outside the scope of this forum, insomuch where it wouldn't actually help petitioners and applicants.

If there was a clear instance of malfeasance, i think it would be fair to belabor it, to the aid of forum members.

Based on a couple of applicants who had their visa interviews already while status still showed as "In Transit", the interviewing officer was not able to conduct the interview.  My understanding is that the interviewer was not able to pull up the case, and asked if it was still at NVC.

I've heard of a few cases that scheduled while "In Transit", and became "Ready" before the interview.  (Those cases also happened to be approved after the interview, without trouble.)

I am the American petitioner, so my wonderful and beautiful Filipina wife is the one who is relaying the mostly-Taglish FB chat to me.  This is my current understanding of the situation, and I wanted to share this info here.

I'm not sure if the ones who were unable to interview were able to easily reschedule.  I'm waiting for info on that.

We have a schedule for July 12, and are still "In Transit".  We received the auto-expedite in the same June 26 batch as many others did.

1 hour ago, Evan757 said:

How long before the interview does the medical exam have to be? Medical exam is on the 10th, interview is on the 18th. I don't think I see anything specified. 

My wife says SLEC told her "3 to 5 days" for them to transfer the electronic file in the case of IR1/CR1.  

The K1 visa beneficiaries were given a physical medical file/folder and compact disc.

I assume that can be immediate.

3 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Based on a couple of applicants who had their visa interviews already while status still showed as "In Transit", the interviewing officer was not able to conduct the interview.  My understanding is that the interviewer was not able to pull up the case, and asked if it was still at NVC.

I've heard of a few cases that scheduled while "In Transit", and became "Ready" before the interview.  (Those cases also happened to be approved after the interview, without trouble.)

I am the American petitioner, so my wonderful and beautiful Filipina wife is the one who is relaying the mostly-Taglish FB chat to me.  This is my current understanding of the situation, and I wanted to share this info here.

I'm not sure if the ones who were unable to interview were able to easily reschedule.  I'm waiting for info on that.

We have a schedule for July 12, and are still "In Transit".  We received the auto-expedite in the same June 26 batch as many others did.

Also still in transit, except we have a July 11 interview (this Tuesday). My wife is already in Manila (she doesn't live that far away) for the medical and is staying a little extra to do the interview. I know in transit folks have had zero success with their interview, and I am not sure if we should keep waiting over the weekend and see if it changes Monday or if she can somehow still do the interview Tuesday. Honestly this entire situation is silly. They expedite our cases and move them to in transit and then leave them sitting there. I don't get it. 

1 minute ago, An D said:

Also still in transit, except we have a July 11 interview (this Tuesday). My wife is already in Manila (she doesn't live that far away) for the medical and is staying a little extra to do the interview. I know in transit folks have had zero success with their interview, and I am not sure if we should keep waiting over the weekend and see if it changes Monday or if she can somehow still do the interview Tuesday. Honestly this entire situation is silly. They expedite our cases and move them to in transit and then leave them sitting there. I don't get it. 

Good luck to you guys.  We are in Laguna province, so a trip to Manila requires a bit of planning and coordination.

I'm also considering waiting over the weekend to see what happens.  The more I think about it, the more I think it would be fine to reschedule for an August appointment, then when the case is legitimately "ready", reschedule sooner.

When i looked a few hours ago, there were still available appointments next week, so the risk at this point seems fairly low.

312909135_received_12952383480699422.jpg.8940f067bcf8df3dc6f1600a9fe7dc9e.jpg

3 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

Good luck to you guys.  We are in Laguna province, so a trip to Manila requires a bit of planning and coordination.

I'm also considering waiting over the weekend to see what happens.  The more I think about it, the more I think it would be fine to reschedule for an August appointment, then when the case is legitimately "ready", reschedule sooner.

When i looked a few hours ago, there were still available appointments next week, so the risk at this point seems fairly low.

312909135_received_12952383480699422.jpg.8940f067bcf8df3dc6f1600a9fe7dc9e.jpg

Yeah it is not the end of the world to wait a little longer. But the time adds up and this whole process seems never ending. We've been waiting since April 2022 and very tired. I am willing to take extra risks to try to finish faster. I don't care if I end up wasting money on hotels and carpools, it's just so irrelevant to me at this point. What I do not understand is why we keep being subjected to these immigration games. The government appears to highly enjoy teasing us and then ghosting us. 

Only trend I have noticed is actions seem to occur on Mondays.

Monday 6/26 - auto-expedites

Monday 7/3 - lots of people became Ready all at once

Monday 7/10 - ??? (this is why I want to wait till Tuesday and not have my wife just leave Manila and not waste her time, because what if)

Just now, An D said:

Yeah it is not the end of the world to wait a little longer. But the time adds up and this whole process seems never ending. We've been waiting since April 2022 and very tired. I am willing to take extra risks to try to finish faster. I don't care if I end up wasting money on hotels and carpools, it's just so irrelevant to me at this point. What I do not understand is why we keep being subjected to these immigration games. The government appears to highly enjoy teasing us and then ghosting us. 

Only trend I have noticed is actions seem to occur on Mondays.

Monday 6/26 - auto-expedites

Monday 7/3 - lots of people became Ready all at once

Monday 7/10 - ??? (this is why I want to wait till Tuesday and not have my wife just leave Manila and not waste her time, because what if)

I know that feeling. We've been stuck in this process since Nov 2021. Thankfully we got Case Ready on Jun 30th- but I think we're lucky (I hope you guys get your Case Ready soon). We're mostly stressed because even after all of this ####### there's still no guarantee she'll be approved. Doesn't matter that we've been married and living together for four years, I make well over the income requirements, etc. I won't feel relieved until we're through the immigration checkpoint at JFK.

Curious as to how long us folks who were DQed recently or are going to be DQed in the following weeks are going to have to wait. Surely not 6 months .. right? right? :lol:

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.