EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

489 posts in this topic

They literally haven't scheduled a single non-expedited case since this thread began.  Not a single case in 5 months.  However, today they did a mass "auto-expedite" of CR1 IR1 CR2 and IR2 cases that have been sitting untouched since January.   They did at least through February.   Not sure yet how far they went in to their newly created backlog but those awaiting interview letters at US Embassy Manila check your CEAC status and if it's not showing there yet log in to CEAC and check your messages.  There may be good news.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Just now, top_secret said:

They literally haven't scheduled a single non-expedited case since this thread began.  Not a single case in 5 months.  However, today they did a mass "auto-expedite" of CR1 IR1 CR2 and IR2 cases that have been sitting untouched since January.   They did at least through February.   Not sure yet how far they went in to their newly created backlog but those awaiting interview letters at US Embassy Manila check your CEAC status and if it's not showing there yet log in to CEAC and check your messages.  There may be good news.

May 10 DQ here, got same messages. Still can't schedule via ustraveldocs site as case is not found and case still shows as "at NVC". Am guessing some action has to be taken by the USEM this week still on the cases that were sent over before we can actually schedule. 

2 minutes ago, An D said:

May 10 DQ here, got same messages. Still can't schedule via ustraveldocs site as case is not found and case still shows as "at NVC". Am guessing some action has to be taken by the USEM this week still on the cases that were sent over before we can actually schedule. 

When they did the last mass auto expedite January 25 there were people getting the case not found message for several weeks into February.  The ones who got the quickest resolution of that message waited until their CEAC status was ready and if they were still getting case not found they contacted ustraveldocs support and got the case found in a few days.  That was january.  Not sure if it will be the same this time.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

1 minute ago, top_secret said:

When they did the last mass auto expedite January 25 there were people getting the case not found message for several weeks into February.  The ones who got the quickest resolution of that message waited until their CEAC status was ready and if they were still getting case not found they contacted ustraveldocs support and got the case found in a few days.  That was january.  Not sure if it will be the same this time.

Good to know. I won't believe anything until it says ready anyway, but this is promising. 

Congratulations to those who got the auto expedite msg today! My husband's DQ is May 26th but unfortunately, we haven't received the message. 

I was wondering, to those who got the auto expedite today, did you apply for expedite previously or no?

I've been seeing quite a few of those in fb groups applied for expedite but got denied multiple times, and today they were auto expedite. 

There was 1 who didn't do anything at all. I wanted to see if applying for expedite previously would have a bearing in their selection of who to auto expedite or if it's totally random. 

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

Just wanted to share that, indeed, we are not yet able to schedule.  This is not a surprise, but I wanted to share the results of this early attempt:

image.thumb.png.b0103407d4d387e4e488a17142143737.png

14 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

I was wondering, to those who got the auto expedite today, did you apply for expedite previously or no?

We did attempt to expedite twice.  Once before DQ and once after.  Not sure about the other folks.

18 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

I've been seeing quite a few of those in fb groups applied for expedite but got denied multiple times, and today they were auto expedite. 

I think they are just repurposing the expedite system to allow self scheduling rather than NVC scheduling like they usually do.  It seems they are just expediting everyone up to a certain cutoff date.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

1 minute ago, top_secret said:

I think they are just repurposing the expedite system to allow self scheduling rather than NVC scheduling like they usually do.  It seems they are just expediting everyone up to a certain cutoff date.

I reckon the same thing as well. The auto expedited ones I've been seeing have DQ date of Jan-March. and there's 1 for May. No one for June yet as far as I know.

When they auto expedited back in January, does anybody know if they only sent out the messages on a single day? Or did they auto expedite on multiple days? 

I'm thinking that maybe they will send out messages by batches - maybe send out messages again later or tomorrow - but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. 🤧

5 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

maybe send out messages again later or tomorrow - but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. 🤧

seems reasonable, if it requires a human to tick a box... not even 6am yet here in the philippines.

Just now, aaroncv3 said:

seems reasonable, if it requires a human to tick a box... not even 6am yet here in the philippines.

So I also asked on FB chat and someone said they auto expedited back in Jan 10 and Jan 25.

That gives us a little bit of hope at least that there might be another batch soon.

I'm just extremely worried that after this batch's auto expedite, it would take months again to see some movement.

46 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

Congratulations to those who got the auto expedite msg today! My husband's DQ is May 26th but unfortunately, we haven't received the message. 

There was 1 who didn't do anything at all. I wanted to see if applying for expedite previously would have a bearing in their selection of who to auto expedite or if it's totally random. 

I did see one confirmed late May DQ date recieve one.  Did you actually log into CEAC and check your messages?  It seems to show up in CEAC messages first and some people last time said they never got an e-mail.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Just now, top_secret said:

I did see one confirmed late May DQ date recieve one.  Did you actually log into CEAC and check your messages?  It seems to show up in CEAC messages first and some people last time said they never got an e-mail.

Just now someone from fb got auto expedited DQ mid may.

and yes, I have checked and logged onto my husband's CEAC (I check every morning). I've actually been refreshing the page once in a while in hopes that I would get a new message too, but unfortunately, there's still none 🤧

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.