pilot787

Paris embassy Eb immigration visa timelines

68 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Natashavilacha said:

hello
any updates on your interview?
I was DQ on 03/03/2023 with EB2 NIW and am in the queue for an interview now.

So glad to see another EB case in Paris! Unfortunately, I have to wait for the visa bulletin to move past my priority date first, so I don't know if I can get an interview soon. I think @pilot787 would probably have news first. 

2 hours ago, sophie22 said:

So glad to see another EB case in Paris! Unfortunately, I have to wait for the visa bulletin to move past my priority date first, so I don't know if I can get an interview soon. I think @pilot787 would probably have news first. 

So, we’ve been waiting since Jan 05, when we got DQ.  I found smb with EB, who waited for 4 months until the interview.. he got DQ in October and got an e-mail beginning of March. So, apparently, they are sending interviews only in the beginning of each month. So, hopefully in April or May we will get an invite..

Timeline
44 minutes ago, pilot787 said:

So, we’ve been waiting since Jan 05, when we got DQ.  I found smb with EB, who waited for 4 months until the interview.. he got DQ in October and got an e-mail beginning of March. So, apparently, they are sending interviews only in the beginning of each month. So, hopefully in April or May we will get an invite..

Oh wow, I'm glad to know about this data point there. Yes, April is coming in a few days, hopefully, you'll get the interview email soon! 

Timeline
23 hours ago, pilot787 said:

Thank you!! What time is yours? Ours is at 8.30am

I think you meant to quote @Natashavilacha to ask about their interview time? So you got your interview? Congratulations!  What day is it?

Timeline
6 hours ago, pilot787 said:

Yes, sorry! just realized that. It's the same day as Natasha. May 24th. I hope you will get your PD soon! 

Thanks! Fingers crossed. And I hope the interview goes smoothly for you!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@Natashavilacha Congratulations on your interview date.  Could you please share your experience with the interview once done? I am also waiting for my EB2 NIW interview in Bern, Switzerland. Thank you.

• 6 months later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Just want to share the timeline. 

Context: EB2 NIW; primary applicant and dependent (spouse). Paris Embassy applicant from Portugal. PD has been current. 

We DQed on 08/04/2023 and recevied the Interview Letter at the end of August 2023, which was pretty quick. The interview date was October the 4th. However, the physician in Mainland Portugal closed her practice and there wasn't any available spot in Paris until October 2nd for the medical examination. After a seemingly okay interview which we didn't encounter any problem and we were told the Embassy only needs the medical exam results (the results too were seemingly normal). So, our case has been put under an administrative process pending medical results. Since then, radio silence... To complicate the matters, we would need passports for an unrelated issue.

Moral of the story, if you are at an embassy that handles cases quickly, just schedule your physicals after being DQed. The worst case you reschedule the medical appointment but would not be in the dark at a process may take weeks to months.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
20 hours ago, nothin2C said:

Context: EB2 NIW; primary applicant and dependent (spouse). Paris Embassy applicant from Portugal. PD has been current. 

We DQed on 08/04/2023 and recevied the Interview Letter at the end of August 2023, which was pretty quick. The interview date was October the 4th. However, the physician in Mainland Portugal closed her practice and there wasn't any available spot in Paris until October 2nd for the medical examination. After a seemingly okay interview which we didn't encounter any problem and we were told the Embassy only needs the medical exam results (the results too were seemingly normal). So, our case has been put under an administrative process pending medical results. Since then, radio silence... To complicate the matters, we would need passports for an unrelated issue.

Moral of the story, if you are at an embassy that handles cases quickly, just schedule your physicals after being DQed. The worst case you reschedule the medical appointment but would not be in the dark at a process may take weeks to months.

About the Embassy, they are super friendly and helpful. The Embassy replied all our inquaries until the interview date, through the contact form. Including the visa officer, everyone was helpful and we didn't encounter any problems. Visa interview is like any other EB interview, talking about your future career plans, since it is NIW no employment letter is required. Except not having the medical results at the time of the interview may complicate things, probably in any embassy.  

21 minutes ago, nothin2C said:

About the Embassy, they are super friendly and helpful. The Embassy replied all our inquaries until the interview date, through the contact form. Including the visa officer, everyone was helpful and we didn't encounter any problems. Visa interview is like any other EB interview, talking about your future career plans, since it is NIW no employment letter is required. Except not having the medical results at the time of the interview may complicate things, probably in any embassy.  

21 hours ago, nothin2C said:

Oh, wow. we actually scheduled our medical in Lisbon at that time. Too bad that she closed her practice. How long do you have to wait for your results? I think it usually takes 2-3 weeks for the results to get to the consulate. So, don't worry! 

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.