Rosalea

Case outside normal processing time

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi all!

In about a week my I-129F will be officially outside the normal processing time, so I plan to contact USCIS about it. I was wondering if anyone has done the same and what may happen, if anything? Do they put in a request to the case so something can happen or do they sometimes just not do anything about it?

Let me know! I’ve been waiting for 500 days and I’ve lost all hope 🥲

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Rosalea!

Don't lose hope!

I was able to submit our outside of normal processing time inquiry yesterday (day 506 from receipt date 8/30/2021) and received an email response from USCIS that my case was being adjudicated and we would receive a notice of action within 45 days. (March 4th 2023) 

2 couples who filed before me in August just received NOA2 yesterday, hang in there!!!! 

Our case also went outside processing time and we did file a inquiry. I dont have the exact text of the inquiry but had written briefly about providing anything they need to process and gave a 1-2 line plea for expedited the processing of the application as it was causing personal hardship. 

As a response to the inquiry we got a approval. Not sure if the inquiry resulted in the approval but its sure worth a try to put it in and hope someone looks at your file. 

Best Luck ! Hope this process ends for both of us soon!  

Timeline
1 hour ago, yogi_italia said:

Our case also went outside processing time and we did file a inquiry. I dont have the exact text of the inquiry but had written briefly about providing anything they need to process and gave a 1-2 line plea for expedited the processing of the application as it was causing personal hardship. 

As a response to the inquiry we got a approval. Not sure if the inquiry resulted in the approval but its sure worth a try to put it in and hope someone looks at your file. 

Best Luck ! Hope this process ends for both of us soon!  

Thank you this is so helpful! Is it compulsory to provide the plea or did you just do it to cover all your bases? I hope the same happens for me!

Timeline
4 hours ago, SaraClaire11 said:

Rosalea!

Don't lose hope!

I was able to submit our outside of normal processing time inquiry yesterday (day 506 from receipt date 8/30/2021) and received an email response from USCIS that my case was being adjudicated and we would receive a notice of action within 45 days. (March 4th 2023) 

2 couples who filed before me in August just received NOA2 yesterday, hang in there!!!! 

Thank you! I’m also so glad you’ve received information about something regarding your case - I’ve seen you in the forums for a while and know that you’ve been waiting forever!

16 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

Thank you this is so helpful! Is it compulsory to provide the plea or did you just do it to cover all your bases? I hope the same happens for me!

I have no clue if the plea helped or not. I just wrote it because i felt like writing it so in case a human reads it they feel like doing something.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, yogi_italia said:

I have no clue if the plea helped or not. I just wrote it because i felt like writing it so in case a human reads it they feel like doing something.

Did you use the normal inquiry form when you did it? I’m not sure if there’s an attachments section but I can’t see anywhere to write extra 🤔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.