Anonymous1080P

Are community college visa approval rate lower than a normal university?

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I intend to apply into a community college, it provides a 2 year associate degree which can be transferred into pathway program into a university where you can study for 2 more years and get a full bachelors degree, it's more cost efficient for me personally plus associate degree gives me hands on skills throughout those 2 years at college, but the main reason of going for community college is it's cost efficient studies..my question is if I tell this clearly to the VO would I face rejection? Like what is community colleges visa approval ratio?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As far as I know they do not split the statistics.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anonymous1080P said:

Hi, I intend to apply into a community college, it provides a 2 year associate degree which can be transferred into pathway program into a university where you can study for 2 more years and get a full bachelors degree, it's more cost efficient for me personally plus associate degree gives me hands on skills throughout those 2 years at college, but the main reason of going for community college is it's cost efficient studies..my question is if I tell this clearly to the VO would I face rejection? Like what is community colleges visa approval ratio?

Being able to explain this just as you explained it here is a good sign. I know many international students who received student visas to attend community colleges. Trying to save money is a very valid reason for this. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

30 minutes ago, Kanja said:

Being able to explain this just as you explained it here is a good sign. I know many international students who received student visas to attend community colleges. Trying to save money is a very valid reason for this. 

I'll try my bestest to explain the situation to VO I hope he gives me enough time to express everything, since English is not my first language and I'll be very nervous at the interview.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Anonymous1080P said:

I'll try my bestest to explain the situation to VO I hope he gives me enough time to express everything, since English is not my first language and I'll be very nervous at the interview.

Good luck.

be more prepared to explain why you chose your choice of study and why you can’t do it in your home country, as well as ties to your home country that will convince the officer you will return after your studies are done. As long as the program is credentialed to issue i20s, the officers shouldn’t really care what school you go to. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

6 minutes ago, Kanja said:

Good luck.

be more prepared to explain why you chose your choice of study and why you can’t do it in your home country, as well as ties to your home country that will convince the officer you will return after your studies are done. As long as the program is credentialed to issue i20s, the officers shouldn’t really care what school you go to. 

Yes thank you so much for answering really appreciate it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

as long as it is accredited college and can provide the I 20 

To apply for a Community College you usually have to submit the following:
  1. The college's application form.
  2. Their application fee.
  3. Your high school diploma translated to English.
  4. A copy of your passport.
  5. Proof that you can finance your studies.
  6. Proof that you have the required English level, for example a TOEFL or IELTS test.
most do not have residence on campus so, u also need to show proof u can afford to live (and the I 20 not mentioned )
and its a great idea to go in this direction as it does save a ton of money
study hard and apply for scholarships for the next step

Edited by JeanneAdil

15 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

as long as it is accredited college and can provide the I 20 

To apply for a Community College you usually have to submit the following:
  1. The college's application form.
  2. Their application fee.
  3. Your high school diploma translated to English.
  4. A copy of your passport.
  5. Proof that you can finance your studies.
  6. Proof that you have the required English level, for example a TOEFL or IELTS test.
most do not have residence on campus so, u also need to show proof u can afford to live (and the I 20 not mentioned )
and its a great idea to go in this direction as it does save a ton of money
study hard and apply for scholarships for the next step

My highschool certificate/diploma is already in English, do I need to get it attested tho? Just in case?(attestation is like verification by government saying that yes it's legit). And thank you for writing back :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Anonymous1080P said:

My highschool certificate/diploma is already in English, do I need to get it attested tho? Just in case?(attestation is like verification by government saying that yes it's legit). And thank you for writing back :)

when our niece came,  the embassy only allowed the copy of transcript sent by the school directly to embassy so she was in a short AP till it arrived at casa embassy

for your embassy i would email and ask

3 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

when our niece came,  the embassy only allowed the copy of transcript sent by the school directly to embassy so she was in a short AP till it arrived at casa embassy

for your embassy i would email and ask

Well I don't think the embassy might ask that since I'm from Pakistan and I'll be applying from UAE? Idk I think I'll have to ask them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.