ta&na

April 2024?

20 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ta&na said:

The  I-797c notice was from the nebraska service center.  i was assuming thats who got the paperwork.  Is there a way to find out for sure?

We have 2 dependents,  both have CRBA and U.S. passports.  the I-130 petition is for my wife only.

I have a joint sponsor for the I-864.  all I-864 paperwork is filled out.  I have been looking through the forums here to make sure everything is correct.

we also set money aside for the fees.

ill talk to my wife and get the Korean PC.

Our I-797c notice said Nebraska, too. Turns out we were at Vermont. You can’t really know for sure and I wouldn’t pay attention to processing times and SC timelines because they aren’t accurate. For your own sake, I suggest you plan for 1 year at USCIS. If your petition is approved before that be grateful. My husband and I moved to the US when my visa was approved. We planned our move around the immigration timeline… we didn’t plan our life hoping for the best case scenario. 

Read the NVC forum on VJ to find out the common issues that happen at NVC stage. Even though you have foreign income have you written a letter stating you have no W2s? Is your joint sponsor married? Do they file their taxes MFS or MFJ? Make sure you have all the supporting documentation if they file MFJ because one missing paper leads to an RFE and a reset of the NVC waiting period. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, ta&na said:

I new they asked about her education, but didnt know they need the transcripts.  Do we need to go back all the way to High school, or would just College be ok?

Her father had her shot record, but they dont have a friendly relationship.  We are trying to see if he still has them, If not then she will be getting the shots again.

I am assuming everything needs to be translated.

no,  i am saying for living in the US , bring the transcripts

not needed for interview and the record of shots will be sent with the medical exam

but u need it for your own records Here in the US

8 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

Our I-797c notice said Nebraska, too. Turns out we were at Vermont. You can’t really know for sure and I wouldn’t pay attention to processing times and SC timelines because they aren’t accurate. For your own sake, I suggest you plan for 1 year at USCIS. If your petition is approved before that be grateful. My husband and I moved to the US when my visa was approved. We planned our move around the immigration timeline… we didn’t plan our life hoping for the best case scenario. 

Read the NVC forum on VJ to find out the common issues that happen at NVC stage. Even though you have foreign income have you written a letter stating you have no W2s? Is your joint sponsor married? Do they file their taxes MFS or MFJ? Make sure you have all the supporting documentation if they file MFJ because one missing paper leads to an RFE and a reset of the NVC waiting period. 

I have 1 year left on my work contract. My work will not renew it, or negotiate an extension.   I am searching for a new job but have yet to find anything that can support my family.      

technically I could move back to the US by my self but Due to medical and family reasons, I am the only support my wife has, and leaving her is not an option.

we didn't plan our life around the  best case scenario.  We were planning on staying longer, but my work had other plans and didnt tell me until just recently.

I have been filing my taxes yearly, and will be submitting the IRS transcripts with my I-864.  My wife will also be filling an I-164a since we have been filing married filling jointly.  We also have records of her local taxes here for the past 3 years.  

Ive talked with my joint sponsor,  they are MFJ.  all of their paperwork is filled out, just waiting for them to complete this years taxes before they sign everything.  

What supporting documents would they need besides their tax returns?  

7 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

no,  i am saying for living in the US , bring the transcripts

not needed for interview and the record of shots will be sent with the medical exam

but u need it for your own records Here in the US

Ok,  thank you for the clarification.   

right now she has no records for any of her vaccinations needed the medical exam.  We made an appointment to get an antibody test at a local hospital.  She will be getting new vaccinations for everything that does not show up on the test.              

2 hours ago, ta&na said:

I have 1 year left on my work contract. My work will not renew it, or negotiate an extension.   I am searching for a new job but have yet to find anything that can support my family.      

technically I could move back to the US by my self but Due to medical and family reasons, I am the only support my wife has, and leaving her is not an option.

we didn't plan our life around the  best case scenario.  We were planning on staying longer, but my work had other plans and didnt tell me until just recently.

I have been filing my taxes yearly, and will be submitting the IRS transcripts with my I-864.  My wife will also be filling an I-164a since we have been filing married filling jointly.  We also have records of her local taxes here for the past 3 years.  

Ive talked with my joint sponsor,  they are MFJ.  all of their paperwork is filled out, just waiting for them to complete this years taxes before they sign everything.  

What supporting documents would they need besides their tax returns?  

I suggest you read through this forum. You'll see all the issues people encounter once they apply for the visa. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/83-national-visa-center-dept-of-state/

Follow the monthly NVC threads and see what people submit and the documents NVC requests when they are not successful. 

There are quite a few members who move live in another country with their spouse and then move either before their spouse or with their spouse. 

Unfortunately, US Immigration doesn't care about your personal situation. There is a chance you'll be able to move April 2024 but there is a chance USCIS sits on your approval and for whatever reason the NVC stage takes 6 months to a year. Do as much research as you can so there are no issues at NVC stage. 

Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.