BPAN

J1 Waiver 2023 NOS Timeline

15 posts in this topic

Anyone here still waiting to hear back on their (NOS-based) waiver application? If so, could you share your timeline? 

Here is my timeline so far:

August, 18 2022         - DS-3035 Package received

September, 13 2022  - NOS Sent

October 20, 2022      - Emailed DOS about NOS update on WRS

October 21, 2022      - Waiver docs complete

January 3, 2023         - Emailed DOS for case status and received standard reply

Janurary 3, 2023        - Emailed Congressman

January 4, 2023 -  😰😪🥵😭😭😞

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 4:12 PM, BPAN said:

Anyone here still waiting to hear back on their (NOS-based) waiver application? If so, could you share your timeline? 

Here is my timeline so far:

August, 18 2022         - DS-3035 Package received

September, 13 2022  - NOS Sent

October 20, 2022      - Emailed DOS about NOS update on WRS

October 21, 2022      - Waiver docs complete

January 3, 2023         - Emailed DOS for case status and received standard reply

Janurary 3, 2023        - Emailed Congressman

January 4, 2023 -  😰😪🥵😭😭😞

Exact same timelines as you NOS sent the same date and email Congressman the same date.
What visa status are you currently on? It seems if you are currently on J1 visa, DOS would manage your case based on your current J1 visa expiration date.

4 hours ago, hudsonwinter said:

Exact same timelines as you NOS sent the same date and email Congressman the same date.
What visa status are you currently on? It seems if you are currently on J1 visa, DOS would manage your case based on your current J1 visa expiration date.

I am on J-1 valid until July '23. Did you already get a FR from DOS?

7 hours ago, hudsonwinter said:

I hope it is not the case :) My J1 expiration date is 2024. I maxed it out before applying for a waiver.

• 6 months later...
Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Forum,

I would like to ask recent timelines : May - June - July - Aug 2023 processing time for NOS

I am hoping to request expedited but they told me that DOS at Washing DC has not been received files from Lock box St. Louis MO.

Applications are mailed to a lockbox in St. Louis, Missouri; this is what your delivery confirmation reflects.  It can take up to six weeks from the time it arrives in St. Louis until it reaches our office in Washington, DC.  Your application will only appear on j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov once it reaches Washington, DC.  Please allow six weeks for your case to appear online; we appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times. 

Application received on Aug 01, 2023

NOS from my country sent to DOS on July 27, 2023 (i have a copy too)

Online J1 wiver status is still blank of of Aug 03, 2023. 

When do I write to them again requesting expedited processing to change to H1B for a professorship starting Aug 28th, 2023?

Thanks guys!

Timeline
On 8/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, kip Anum said:

Hi Forum,

I would like to ask recent timelines : May - June - July - Aug 2023 processing time for NOS

I am hoping to request expedited but they told me that DOS at Washing DC has not been received files from Lock box St. Louis MO.

Applications are mailed to a lockbox in St. Louis, Missouri; this is what your delivery confirmation reflects.  It can take up to six weeks from the time it arrives in St. Louis until it reaches our office in Washington, DC.  Your application will only appear on j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov once it reaches Washington, DC.  Please allow six weeks for your case to appear online; we appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times. 

Application received on Aug 01, 2023 

NOS from my country sent to DOS on July 27, 2023 (i have a copy too)

Online J1 wiver status is still blank of of Aug 03, 2023. And updated on Aug 11, 2023. (about 9 days after DS 3035 and fees received)

Good luck guys

ScreenShot2023-08-11at9_35_31AM.thumb.png.3d81ec310b108f32d87b6a853d49bd1a.png

Edited by kip Anum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/29/2023 at 9:31 AM, txpa said:

DS3035 package - 6/15 (~1 week after being sent)

NOS receipt - 7/30 (within 1 day after being notified that NOS was being sent; my home Embassy took about 2 months to process it)

Favorable Recommendation - 8/16

USCIS receipt - 8/22

Pending USCIS approval as of 8/29

Looks like it took 17 days for them to process your waiver after receiving NOS. Do you have an idea whether your file was processed faster because you had submitted your DS3035 package 2 months earlier? The reason why I am asking is they already have my NOS and DS3035 together as of August 10th.

Timeline
On 8/11/2023 at 9:40 AM, kip Anum said:

ScreenShot2023-08-11at9_35_31AM.thumb.png.3d81ec310b108f32d87b6a853d49bd1a.png

Later on August 31st, I sent an email to ask why my NOS is not showing up online yet they had received it. They replied it will be added and surely the next day on Sept 1st it was updated and back dated to Aug 09. and as of now Sept 8th, it is still pending decision. Fingers crossed!ScreenShot2023-09-08at8_59_53PM.thumb.png.041cca149f3be05c229d6894afad64f3.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 9:31 AM, txpa said:

DS3035 package - 6/15 (~1 week after being sent)

NOS receipt - 7/30 (within 1 day after being notified that NOS was being sent; my home Embassy took about 2 months to process it)

Favorable Recommendation - 8/16

USCIS receipt - 8/22

Pending USCIS approval as of 8/29

Update: USCIS approved on 9/19.

On 9/8/2023 at 8:54 PM, kip Anum said:

Looks like it took 17 days for them to process your waiver after receiving NOS. Do you have an idea whether your file was processed faster because you had submitted your DS3035 package 2 months earlier? The reason why I am asking is they already have my NOS and DS3035 together as of August 10th.

I think the official answer is no, but anecdotally yes.

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.45efb1e446dd8c630028d9df7ec1991b.png

Hello! Good news here. My boyfriend FINALLY got his FR after almost 1 year... His case was straightforward and he never had government funding. 

His case: Physician with J-1 research in 2021. Currently MBA student with F-1 visa. 

I am on H1-B thankfully

Basis: No objection

Oct 2022 - Sent all the documents

Nov 2022 - DoS confirmed that everything was received

Jan 2023 - Asked Congressperson to send email. Got standard response that it can take up to 12 weeks... 

Mar 2023 - Asked them again and they confirmed that all documentation was complete and that we 

July 2023 - Changed address 

July 2023 - Asked congressperson again. Again got standard response that "sometimes it can take longer than 12 weeks".

Sep 13 2023 - Got an e-mail saying that documentation was incomplete and a list of documents to re-send (we had sent everything!!!!). Even the DS-3035 and statement of reason they asked again.) - they also asked for I-94 which had not been asked before and the actual J-1 visa page. All could be sent by e-mail thankfully.

Sep 20 2023 - FR Finally!!!! :) 

Oct 2023 - Awaiting correspondence from USCIS 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 8:00 PM, kip Anum said:

Later on August 31st, I sent an email to ask why my NOS is not showing up online yet they had received it. They replied it will be added and surely the next day on Sept 1st it was updated and back dated to Aug 09. and as of now Sept 8th, it is still pending decision. Fingers crossed!ScreenShot2023-09-08at8_59_53PM.thumb.png.041cca149f3be05c229d6894afad64f3.png

How is your process going? The NOL was received by DOS on August 28th and it is still pending. Can you please keep me posted when you get the FR, I will let you know as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.