J&D1008

JANUARY 2023 I-129F K1 FILERS

174 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Level-With-Me said:

Ok, so when you booked your actual interview at the London Embassy, was this still in August when you originally did the NVC inquiry?  The reason I am asking is because my fiancé lives in Jersey and he needs to fly off the island to go to London for his embassy interview and I was just wondering if we'll be waiting a month or more to get it scheduled once he's able to go online and schedule it.  As far as the medical goes, I am assuming he can only go to certain doctors - I guess my only question for that part is if he'll be having to go to London for his Medical or if he'll still be able to do it in Jersey, but I don't expect you to know those answers :) I'm mostly just interested in the interview at embassy timeline 

So once my case was transferred and went from the in transit to ready - I think I booked it a month later. I could have booked it earlier but my police report took forever to come back. Apply for that now if you haven’t cause it takes a while. 
I did have to go to London for the medical but I do live in the midlands so with him being in jersey he’s of the mainland. I believe he would need to go London for the medical also. When I booked my medical two weeks later I had my interview. 

Interview timeline is the fastest part really. Any date you can get just book it in cause they do seem to go fast! Just a heads up. When you do go to the embassy for the interview there will be two lines make sure you go into the left one. As the right line is for other visas and you’ll be in it for ages if you join it! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Play said:

Having the Case number, invoice ID and Beneficiary ID means we can schedule or create a profile for the interview? Mine still say it is at NVC

You need to wait until NVC have transferred it to your embassy you’re interviewing at. As soon as NVC give you another case number that is the number you will need to book your interview. 
so once it says it’s been sent. This is when you can go onto CEAC website and track it. It will go to ‘in transit’ then go to ‘ready’ when mine got to ready I had the ds160 done and booked the interview. 

1 hour ago, Gracexox said:

You need to wait until NVC have transferred it to your embassy you’re interviewing at. As soon as NVC give you another case number that is the number you will need to book your interview. 
so once it says it’s been sent. This is when you can go onto CEAC website and track it. It will go to ‘in transit’ then go to ‘ready’ when mine got to ready I had the ds160 done and booked the interview. 

Thank you, that means they give you a different case number after they get it to the embassy? they already gave me one but it still say at NVC

Timeline
2 hours ago, Play said:

Thank you, that means they give you a different case number after they get it to the embassy? they already gave me one but it still say at NVC

Yes. So you have your number which you get when you filed the 1-129F. Mine started with WAC but depends what office it was at. Then once it’s gone to NVC they will give you another number which will have the code of the embassy at the front. It’s different for every country. 

19 minutes ago, Gracexox said:

Yes. So you have your number which you get when you filed the 1-129F. Mine started with WAC but depends what office it was at. Then once it’s gone to NVC they will give you another number which will have the code of the embassy at the front. It’s different for every country. 

we already has that one, the one from NVC. but it still at the nvc hopefully it will turn into in transit soon.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Play said:

we already has that one, the one from NVC. but it still at the nvc hopefully it will turn into in transit soon.

Aw perfect. I would submit another enquiry about when are they transferring it. I did this and they sent it off. Then when it goes to in transit to ready - that’s a quick turn around 

13 minutes ago, Gracexox said:

Aw perfect. I would submit another enquiry about when are they transferring it. I did this and they sent it off. Then when it goes to in transit to ready - that’s a quick turn around 

I sent and inquiry yesterday asking if they sent it already. Next one i will ask them when. once it is in transit thats pretty much it. 

21 hours ago, Gracexox said:

I booked my interview and then rang the medical centre in London and booked in. They just advise to have the medical two weeks before the interview. Interview was booked online :) 

Thank you!

On 11/9/2023 at 3:01 PM, Gracexox said:

I got the NOA2 notification and we just got onto it fast. The first enquiry it hadn’t been put into the system yet, but on the second it had been and got my case number. (This was like two days) my lawyer then submitted one, and had the case number through again and the next one I did was the case was transferred to London. Once it got transferred and I got the email to stay it was we was able to sort out the ds160 and the medical and interview. 

Wow, I am amazed everything was done quickly!!! 👍👍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jersey
Timeline
On 11/10/2023 at 7:24 AM, Play said:

Hi, how long did it take to receive your letter from NVC? I received my official approval letter from USCIS but it says it’ll take 2-4 weeks to process at NVC. Does that mean 2-4 weeks until I get my letter from NVC with my new case number? 

thanks!

5 hours ago, Level-With-Me said:

Hi, how long did it take to receive your letter from NVC? I received my official approval letter from USCIS but it says it’ll take 2-4 weeks to process at NVC. Does that mean 2-4 weeks until I get my letter from NVC with my new case number? 

thanks!

the case number, invoice and BI were received after two weeks, when a inquiry was put.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jersey
Timeline
On 3/1/2023 at 8:08 AM, meladee said:

@Level-With-Me I'd echo what Boiler said above, here it is on the Jersey governement site: https://www.gov.je/Travel/InformationAdvice/Visitors/pages/visapassportrequirements.aspx#anchor-1

He has time, so I'd recommend getting an photo ID card (maybe a PASS card, but I'm not 100% sure).

Wanted to come back and say thank you for this! We've been approved by USCIS and now we're trying to figure out all the little logistical things with my fiance living in Jersey and having to fly to London separately for his medical and interview, etc. and the issue of them holding his passport came up and I came back here and sent him the link for the PASS card and realized I never responded so THANK YOU very much! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.