smore

Philippines Messenger Apps

23 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, smore said:

sounds like philippines is a bit different on how phone plans work, wifi, etc and how carriers can restrict access to certain apps.

You mean not all countries are like America?

57 minutes ago, smore said:

I just want to have it so we can communicate and progress otherwise I will have to give up on this and try and meet someone else.

Philippines is not as advanced as America for sure, but I will say that if she wanted more communication with you, you would have it.

I was paying 129P for 8GB for 7 days with allNet unlimited calls and texts on Globe prepaid.  That's about $2.20 a week or $10 a month.  Slightly less if you buy discount loads using Gcash.  Less than half what I pay for my heavily discounted Tmobile Military plan.  

Converge Fiber service was 1650P a month for 50MB service.

While sending her 1000p to cover the costs is probably not cost effective with fees, if you managed to do that and you still lacked communication then you might have your answer.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:31 PM, RO_AH said:

Philippines is not as advanced as America for sure, but I will say that if she wanted more communication with you, you would have it.

I agree with that statement "if she wanted more communication with you, you would have it" but also I don't fully know her entire situation with availability to technology, towers, connection so I try and be neutral. But yet I also feel as tho she should also be trying much harder to communicate and putting in the effort.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:27 PM, RO_AH said:

You do realize that you can give them false inf right?

Well not exactly true, things have changed alot on FB over the years. I have friends who are on there of course and have heard about others who have recently joined and its like they joined ok but than suddenly FB wanted there ID's, copies of things with there name on it to verify them, its like what??? for a stupid free social media site, and why would you trust that site with any ID's or personal info they have the worse reputation at keeping any of it safe. Than I have a friend who is a DJ and goes by a certain name that is not his given name, for years he was on facebook with his DJ name, now facebook only allows your real name so his account got frozen. It just so stupid, and just not worth it. All FB wants to do is data mine all our info, its sad. Being old school I still like to keep it simple I guess and not be naive to how data mining has become a huge business, becoming worse than the telemarketing industry. So wish I could give them a bunch of BS info as I would give this FB messenger a try with her and see if our communication increased, something tells me no matter what I download and use our communication is not really going to increase much, the reasons why it would not increase I am not fully aware. I still try and remain neutral and I know she has expressed that she is in a poor providence with not much access, she says when you visit you will see what she means. Back when she was in hong kong our communicate was ok, access to technology was not an issue, issue back than was family she worked for she could not use phone during work hours which were often 12-14 hour days. So communication back than was a bit random also, but at least more so.

23 hours ago, jskibo said:

I was paying 129P for 8GB for 7 days with allNet unlimited calls and texts on Globe prepaid.  That's about $2.20 a week or $10 a month.  Slightly less if you buy discount loads using Gcash.  Less than half what I pay for my heavily discounted Tmobile Military plan.  

Converge Fiber service was 1650P a month for 50MB service.

While sending her 1000p to cover the costs is probably not cost effective with fees, if you managed to do that and you still lacked communication then you might have your answer.

I don't know about the "P" prices and differences in value versus american, but thanks for the comment. Does seem like things work a bit different than in America with our major carrier plans, I mean there are places in usa with not great service as well but overall its decent compared to some countries. I do know she lives in a poor providence, so perhaps its just so limited there might not be a choice in service that works well or something. I do know I am not sending any money to pay for her phone, just not what I am willing to do now or maybe ever, that is something she will have to take care on her own. And I don't think that would even help the communication situation, again I am trying to be neutral and understanding but also I am to the point of having to walk away if things are not figured out. You can't build a strong connection, bond, relationship, and plan things with lack of communication and such varied, random communication.

1 hour ago, smore said:

But yet I also feel as tho she should also be trying much harder to communicate and putting in the effort.

BINGO!! I will tell you right now that my wife has a would have done anything to have time with me. For the first 4-5 years we talked for at least 3 hours a day, and to her that was not enough. She would travel to internet cafe's if needed, but she always made the effort.

2 hours ago, smore said:

Well not exactly true, things have changed alot on FB over the years. I have friends who are on there of course and have heard about others who have recently joined and its like they joined ok but than suddenly FB wanted there ID's, copies of things with there name on it to verify them, its like what??? for a stupid free social media site, and why would you trust that site with any ID's or personal info they have the worse reputation at keeping any of it safe

Some girls pay the kid at the internet café a few pesos to jump through whatever silly hoops they have to in order to create fake Facebook accounts.  The kid at the internet café is clever about such things.😂  You can buy a ready to go fake FB account for cheap if you ask around the Philippines.  No need to disclose any personal information.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.