Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

263 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

Can you please elaborate a little further regarding your son? Does the son live with you or him and what's the age? Are they both migrating or just one? I'm a little confused.. I surely hope you get good news this week after adjusting what they want you to adjust. 

Yeah so my son is 1.5 years old and is here with me in the US not migrating. We did Ds260 in 2021 for NVC at which point we did NOT have a child. I gave birth after NVC approved me and gave me the DQ. So if my Ds260 is submitted and you cannot edit please explain how I can edit pre-interview, the fact that he told my husband I opened it for you was very telling. My friend who has a embassy connection said he has never heard of this as a reason to hold someone back but officers do what they want and you just have to be patient. Thanks ill update if we get issued this week or not, but most people are saying we should be

2 hours ago, Zahra12345 said:

Hey everyone! I was hoping to have great news, but my husband had his interview yesterday and he answered everything the officer was kind and said everything looks good. Then went for the refused form and my husbands heart sank, so when he inquired why, the officer said you need to update the Ds260 to include your son. I am so confused by all this as Ds260 is locked and cannot edit, but the officer told him I opened it for your edit it and then we will see it. My husband asked if he will need another interview but the officer said no nothing like that just update the ds260 to include your son and we will reevaluate. So now we are in refused category, everyone is telling me since they kept his passport its a great sign and especially since they did not request any documents to be sent. Most people are confident we will get issued within the week, but as of now I feel heartbroken and confused. May Allah make this easy for me. Keep me in your prayers!

Sorry to hear this experience. Keep the hope alive. Keep praying and believing all will be well. Please keep us posted.

1 hour ago, Zahra12345 said:

Yeah so my son is 1.5 years old and is here with me in the US not migrating. We did Ds260 in 2021 for NVC at which point we did NOT have a child. I gave birth after NVC approved me and gave me the DQ. So if my Ds260 is submitted and you cannot edit please explain how I can edit pre-interview, the fact that he told my husband I opened it for you was very telling. My friend who has a embassy connection said he has never heard of this as a reason to hold someone back but officers do what they want and you just have to be patient. Thanks ill update if we get issued this week or not, but most people are saying we should be

Just wondering out loud. If your son is already in the US with you, why does he need to be included in the IV application? Is your husband a follow-to-join? Did the consular officer provide further instructions on what additional information will need to be uploaded (i.e., your son's birth certificate, etc.)?

2 minutes ago, Logos said:

Just wondering out loud. If your son is already in the US with you, why does he need to be included in the IV application? Is your husband a follow-to-join? Did the consular officer provide further instructions on what additional information will need to be uploaded (i.e., your son's birth certificate, etc.)?

The beneficient needs to put any kids they have doesnt matter where they are. No we already uploaded sons birth certificate. He literally opened the ds260 for us, I went in and added my sons name and address now just waiting for them to look at it and issue the visa! They kept his passport so thats reassuring. He said the officer seemed like a newbie so idk

3 minutes ago, Zahra12345 said:

The beneficient needs to put any kids they have doesnt matter where they are. No we already uploaded sons birth certificate. He literally opened the ds260 for us, I went in and added my sons name and address now just waiting for them to look at it and issue the visa! They kept his passport so thats reassuring. He said the officer seemed like a newbie so idk

Yes, it's a very good sign and we are awaiting the good news ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zahra12345 said:

Got it, thank you and I look forward to hearing your GOOD news soon! Remaining hopeful that you can made the “edit” they are requesting. I have never heard of such a thing either 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

Got it, thank you and I look forward to hearing your GOOD news soon! Remaining hopeful that you can made the “edit” they are requesting. I have never heard of such a thing either 

And I am congratulating you now! Get your husband here! 😊

9 hours ago, Logos said:

I am just as completely baffled as you are. The son in already in the US with the mother, the only person left to ‘immigrate’ is the husband, but for some reason they chose to add a newborn child onto an already processed ds260? A child who is already a us CITIZEN?

Edited by Hames’

35 minutes ago, Hames’ said:

I am just as completely baffled as you are. The son in already in the US with the mother, the only person left to ‘immigrate’ is the husband, but for some reason they chose to add a newborn child onto an already processed ds260? A child who is already a us CITIZEN?

Lol this process never ceases to amaze me. They always find something to hold you back 3.5 years waiting whats a bit longer I guess 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Zahra12345 said:

You just made my day! What's your situation?

I too, am in the US just immigrating my husband from Uganda. They have to interview in Kenya. DQd Nov 2022 so I'm not looking to hear anything until sometime next year according to how these interviews are being scheduled 17 months out. Of course we remain Hopetimistic! I just want to hear some good news to help keep the hope alive 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, Truserenity11 said:

I too, am in the US just immigrating my husband from Uganda. They have to interview in Kenya. DQd Nov 2022 so I'm not looking to hear anything until sometime next year according to how these interviews are being scheduled 17 months out. Of course we remain Hopetimistic! I just want to hear some good news to help keep the hope alive 🙏🏽

My thoughts and prayers are with you, this journey is so difficult but we will all come out of it at some point inshallah

Another crazy update: My husband has been called back to embassy, the lady was very vague on the phone per my husband he tried to figure it out but she mentioned something about " we forgot to do something" and when he said please elaborate she said "the oath." 

He did do oath during interview but when the CO saw that our ds260 was missing our son he said some ####### about your oath is not technically right, so I am hoping now that we updated ds260 they just want to redo oath then we will get approved. Please pray for us, this emotional distress is really starting to affect my mental health. I will update once he has his appt tomorrow.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Kenya
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Zahra12345 said:

Another crazy update: My husband has been called back to embassy, the lady was very vague on the phone per my husband he tried to figure it out but she mentioned something about " we forgot to do something" and when he said please elaborate she said "the oath." 

He did do oath during interview but when the CO saw that our ds260 was missing our son he said some ####### about your oath is not technically right, so I am hoping now that we updated ds260 they just want to redo oath then we will get approved. Please pray for us, this emotional distress is really starting to affect my mental health. I will update once he has his appt tomorrow.

He's approved. The oath says it. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.