12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm confused regarding the path that we should follow. As from timeline below, we never received the NOA1 from I-130 so we filed the I-129F when we received the NOA2. Now we have the I-130 sitting at NVC and the I-129F at CSC (transferred from MSC). Reading in the forum we got a bit confused and we decided to try both paths. I read that if you go with the I-129F the I-130 get stuck somewhere because the office assumes that you will pursue the K3 way, is that right?

Our I-130 as been approved pretty fast 89 days, what should we expect at the NVC stage? The timelines are a bit confused but it seems like another 120 days at least.

Any suggestions? Honestly we filed the I-129F but I think that the CR1 will go through first...

sorry if I'm too confusing, but I'm losing my mind with all this process... :)

Thanks everyone for suggestions

Married Jan 2007

I-130

03/21/2007 sent to NSC - 06/18/2007 NOA2 - 89 days

NVC stage

07/24/2007 e-mailed DS-3032 choice of agent

01/04/2008 Approved - visa in my hand! 289 days

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

1/06/2010 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I'm confused regarding the path that we should follow. As from timeline below, we never received the NOA1 from I-130 so we filed the I-129F when we received the NOA2. Now we have the I-130 sitting at NVC and the I-129F at CSC (transferred from MSC). Reading in the forum we got a bit confused and we decided to try both paths. I read that if you go with the I-129F the I-130 get stuck somewhere because the office assumes that you will pursue the K3 way, is that right?

Our I-130 as been approved pretty fast 89 days, what should we expect at the NVC stage? The timelines are a bit confused but it seems like another 120 days at least.

Any suggestions? Honestly we filed the I-129F but I think that the CR1 will go through first...

There are so many of us in the same situation right now, we should start our own thread to help eachother get the facts on what our options are.

Hi everyone,

I'd stick with the I-130 [CR-1] as it's an immigrant visa and MUCH easier and better than the I-129F [K3] non immigrant visa. Cheaper also as the fees for AOS for the K3 are going up to $1010 7-30-07.

With the CR-1 you will get GC and SSN in the mail shortly after arrival in the US.

K3 requires AOS before you get GC and SSN.

Plus an interview if you aren't lucky to get tranfered to CSC,

The K3 will pass up the CR-1 probably and be a bit faster as you have to submit more papers for the CR to NVC.

I blew it and went with the K3 and ended up costing a LOT more plus having to do AOS which was a pain in the butte.

They can still deny a K3 at the AOS interview so more stress that you won't have with the CR-1!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

You have two horses in the race. One is still in the starting gate and the other is entering the back stretch. Do you really want to reign in the running horse and wait indefinitely for the one standing in the gate?

I suggest you use this whip on the one that's running.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry885374

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I'd stick with the I-130 [CR-1] as it's an immigrant visa and MUCH easier and better than the I-129F [K3] non immigrant visa. Cheaper also as the fees for AOS for the K3 are going up to $1010 7-30-07.

With the CR-1 you will get GC and SSN in the mail shortly after arrival in the US.

The K3 will pass up the CR-1 probably and be a bit faster as you have to submit more papers for the CR to NVC.

I blew it and went with the K3 and ended up costing a LOT more plus having to do AOS which was a pain in the butte.

They can still deny a K3 at the AOS interview so more stress that you won't have with the CR-1!

Correct CR-1 is much less expensive starting July 30, the fee for the visa at the consulate is a bit more, but it results in a green card on entry to the country, no messing arround with AOS or EAD, or flying back to foreigh country for CR-1 visa interview.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Correct CR-1 is much less expensive starting July 30, the fee for the visa at the consulate is a bit more, but it results in a green card on entry to the country, no messing arround with AOS or EAD, or flying back to foreigh country for CR-1 visa interview.

I started a thread for all of us in this situation, come share your ideas and questions

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79367

Would definately stick with the CR1 path. Much better in many ways. That doesnt mean that you can't follow through with both like we did. We ended up with both the CR1 and K3 interviews within 2 weeks of eachother and were able to get the CR1 on the earlier K3 date. It's kind of nice having more than one option, as it was for us.

Orimai

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

October 25 - Received I-797

October 27 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

October 30 - I-129F received at Chicago

November 1 - Received NVC Case Number

November 25 - Received Packet from NVC

November 27 - I-129F transfered to CA Service Center

November 30 - Sent DS-3032 Back to NVC

December 26 - Received Packet Requesting AOS

January 05 2007 - Received IV Fee Bill

January 15 - Sent IV Fee Bill

January 21 - NVC Receives IV Fee Bill

January 25 - NVC Sends DS-230

January 27 - Sent I-864 Packet NVC

January 30 - NVC Receives I-864's

February 2 - I-129F Approved

February 14 - I-129F Received @ NVC

February 19 - Receive DS-230 Packet

February 21 - Sent DS-230 Back

February 23 - NVC Receives DS-230

February 26 - NVC Sends I-129F to Embassy

March 2 - Embassy Receives Case

March 8 - CR1 Case Completed

March 14 - Packet 4 Sent from Embassy (K3)

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

April 3 - INTERVIEW CR1 Received! web

May 9 - St. Lukes Medical

May 16 - K3 Interview Manila, requested CR1 instead, granted.

May 18 - CR1 Approved, released to Delbros

May 22 - CR1 Visa Arrives to our hotel in Manila

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

June 15 - SSN & Green Card Arrive

March 1 2010 - N-400

July 2 2010 - Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

Yes I definetly will try to go the CR1 way, unless the K3 comes way earlier. Reading around the forums I realized that now the approved I130 are kept on hold once approved if the person has filed a 129F. The fact that we filed it after the I130 has been sent to NVC should solve that problem now, correct?

I hope I can get through quickly now, the shortcuts are kind of scarry to me, I'm afraid to make a mistake... but I'll look into it better in the morning and see what we can do. E-mail the choice of agent seems to be a popular shortcut too.

Thanks

Married Jan 2007

I-130

NVC stage

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

Yes I definetly will try to go the CR1 way, unless the K3 comes way earlier. Reading around the forums I realized that now the approved I130 are kept on hold once approved if the person has filed a 129F. The fact that we filed it after the I130 has been sent to NVC should solve that problem now, correct?

I hope I can get through quickly now, the shortcuts are kind of scarry to me, I'm afraid to make a mistake... but I'll look into it better in the morning and see what we can do. E-mail the choice of agent seems to be a popular shortcut too.

Thanks

Good choice!

Things may get a bit more "'spicey" when the K3 passes up the CR-1 tho.

After all the ####### we went thru with the K3 AOS and SSA we'd have gladly waited a couple more months for the CR-1.

Not having the GC right away isn't that big a thing.[Nice tho]. Especially if you do a AP.

But having the SSN right away would have removed a LOT of problems.

Cruise easy if you can!!!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks

Correct.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks pushbrk. The more I read about all this the more it is confusing.

Married Jan 2007

I-130

NVC stage

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

Thanks pushbrk. The more I read about all this the more it is confusing.

Your going to be ok. I know the closer to the end you get, the more excited, frustrated, confused, worried and much more people get. Keep your chin up as hard as that can be :)

orimai

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

October 25 - Received I-797

October 27 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

October 30 - I-129F received at Chicago

November 1 - Received NVC Case Number

November 25 - Received Packet from NVC

November 27 - I-129F transfered to CA Service Center

November 30 - Sent DS-3032 Back to NVC

December 26 - Received Packet Requesting AOS

January 05 2007 - Received IV Fee Bill

January 15 - Sent IV Fee Bill

January 21 - NVC Receives IV Fee Bill

January 25 - NVC Sends DS-230

January 27 - Sent I-864 Packet NVC

January 30 - NVC Receives I-864's

February 2 - I-129F Approved

February 14 - I-129F Received @ NVC

February 19 - Receive DS-230 Packet

February 21 - Sent DS-230 Back

February 23 - NVC Receives DS-230

February 26 - NVC Sends I-129F to Embassy

March 2 - Embassy Receives Case

March 8 - CR1 Case Completed

March 14 - Packet 4 Sent from Embassy (K3)

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

April 3 - INTERVIEW CR1 Received! web

May 9 - St. Lukes Medical

May 16 - K3 Interview Manila, requested CR1 instead, granted.

May 18 - CR1 Approved, released to Delbros

May 22 - CR1 Visa Arrives to our hotel in Manila

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

June 15 - SSN & Green Card Arrive

March 1 2010 - N-400

July 2 2010 - Naturalization Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.