16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello - My husband is immigrating from Turkey and we are waiting to be DQ'd by the NVC currently. We just received feedback from the NVC that my husband's police and birth certificates are the incorrect documents, even though we pulled them straight from the website that the travel.state.gov website references. Does anyone have experience with this or could point us in the direction of where to find the correct documents?

I screenshotted just the tops of each document here to show the names of the doc, but not include any personal information. Please help if you can!

407237393_ScreenShot2022-12-15at11_46_06AM.thumb.png.771f1c635caaf9b3c5c76ed6db90a745.png

980880531_ScreenShot2022-12-15at11_46_25AM.png.a363c79bbf1eaab21df82ef17e134972.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Timeline
On 2/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, Shosho222 said:

Hello. Was your police certificate issue solved? Did you also got dq’ed? 

Yes! It turns out his birth certificate was correct, but we didn't upload the paper with the chart listing his family members which is what they were specifically looking for. And the Turkish police certificate was correct, but his Canadian police certificate was incorrect - they didn't take his fingerprints at the police station (which was frustrating because they specifically told him they were doing what they needed to do for a US green card, but they were obviously misinformed) so it wasn't the right document. But we got it corrected and we were DQ'd at the end of January. Hopefully we'll receive our IL soon. Thanks for checking!

Timeline
On 2/20/2023 at 2:02 AM, DijonMustard said:

Yes! It turns out his birth certificate was correct, but we didn't upload the paper with the chart listing his family members which is what they were specifically looking for. And the Turkish police certificate was correct, but his Canadian police certificate was incorrect - they didn't take his fingerprints at the police station (which was frustrating because they specifically told him they were doing what they needed to do for a US green card, but they were obviously misinformed) so it wasn't the right document. But we got it corrected and we were DQ'd at the end of January. Hopefully we'll receive our IL soon. Thanks for checking!

I’m glad your issue was resolved. I got DQ’ed February 14. Do you have any idea how long is the wait for interview at ankara? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shosho222 said:

I’m glad your issue was resolved. I got DQ’ed February 14. Do you have any idea how long is the wait for interview at ankara? 

Ah sorry, I'm not sure. My husband is living in Canada right now so he'll be going to the Montreal embassy when his interview is eventually scheduled. But congratulations on your DQ!

Edited by DijonMustard

• 1 month later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi, My and my family members birth certificates were not accepted in same manner. We also took them from e-goverment website. Tomorrow I will upload and send the document that is titled Extract of Vital Record (Vukuatlı Nüfus Kayıt Örneği). I hope they accept now.

Also my marriage certificate which was from e government and that was multilingual was not accepted too. I also do not know what exactly NVC wants for Marriage certificate?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/29/2023 at 10:47 PM, Aya2538 said:

Hi, My and my family members birth certificates were not accepted in same manner. We also took them from e-goverment website. Tomorrow I will upload and send the document that is titled Extract of Vital Record (Vukuatlı Nüfus Kayıt Örneği). I hope they accept now.

Also my marriage certificate which was from e government and that was multilingual was not accepted too. I also do not know what exactly NVC wants for Marriage certificate?

I'm waiting for my petition to get approved. As far I know, turkish Marriage certificate is accepted without any translation. I also submitted my Aile cuzdan without translation. 

I think you should ask them again, may be there are some misunderstanding.

Timeline

I sent an inquiry form to ask what is the problem with my docs. First ı had sent the marriage certificate from egovernment web site. Second time I translated the marriage certificate(aile cüzdanı) they did not accept both of those. 

for birth certificates I both translated the vukuatli nüfua cüzdanı for family and holder versions, they were also not accepted. 

ıf someone applied to family based bisa from Turkey help me what they exactly sent to NVC to be qualified, I will appreciate

Timeline
1 minute ago, Aya2538 said:

I sent an inquiry form to ask what is the problem with my docs. First ı had sent the marriage certificate from egovernment web site. Second time I translated the marriage certificate(aile cüzdanı) they did not accept both of those. 

for birth certificates I both translated the vukuatli nüfua cüzdanı for family and holder versions, they were also not accepted. 

ıf someone applied to family based bisa from Turkey help me what they exactly sent to NVC to be qualified, I will appreciate

Sure, I'll let you know.
Is your visa type IR1/CR1 or for brother sisters ?

I'm IR1/CR1 beneficiary. 

For marriage certificate they accept the scanned copy of Aile Cuzdan. I read somewhere in USCIS website. Thats what I sent to them.

Timeline
Just now, Aya2538 said:

My visa is EB-2 NIW, but we also need to send civil documents. Also for birth certificates what did you sent? 

Aaaaa, I get it now.
I sent the birth certificate issued from my Country. I'm a foreigner here in Izmir.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Aya2538 said:

My visa is EB-2 NIW, but we also need to send civil documents. Also for birth certificates what did you sent? 

My husband is from Istanbul and he's immigrating to the US on an IR1/CR1 visa. He submitted a Nufus Kayit Ornegi, but specifically with the chart that lists all his family members in addition to his own information. We made a mistake initially and didn't include the chart and caused us delays.

Timeline
3 hours ago, DijonMustard said:

My husband is from Istanbul and he's immigrating to the US on an IR1/CR1 visa. He submitted a Nufus Kayit Ornegi, but specifically with the chart that lists all his family members in addition to his own information. We made a mistake initially and didn't include the chart and caused us delays.

I also sent the nüfus kayıt örneği(family) for us. Also for children we put the same documents since there is no birth certificate under 18.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.