Master5

What to do now?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys! As some of you may know, my wife got a Schengen visa refusal from Hungary so she won't be able to attend the IR1 visa interview next week in Warsaw. On Dec 5th I wrote to the U.S. Embassy Jerusalem asking for the interview transfer but they haven't replied yet. Then I wrote to support-poland@ustraveldocs.com asking for further steps but they replied with some incomprehensible nonsense, seems like they didn't bother to read my message in full. I wonder what to do now? Should I reschedule the interview in Warsaw using ustraveldocs website and then try to obtain a Schengen visa for my wife from another country? Should I wait until interview date passes to reschedule (that's what it says on ustraveldocs website)?

Timeline

Hmm this is kinda a mixed question, first about missing the first planned interview, second about a transfer.

I think regarding transfer, the sound of it is Jerusalem embassy has been pretty responsive, this is holiday season and I'm not sure how it's observed in Israel/at the embassy, but might be worth giving a little more time and then bumping the email 

Regarding the reschedule of interview, I think that you have to wait until the interview date goes by... but definitely not confident on that. Someone more experienced than I probably can input here. I'm wondering if you can provide a copy/paste or screenshot of the Poland embassy response?

If you do plan to try again in Poland, I highly suggest trying to get a Spanish or Italian visa, and provide a bunch of docs as the US spouse/financial sponsor and a letter that it's just a tourist trip, etc. Our Italian visa was approved in 10 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

USTravelDocs is telling you to miss your interview before rescheduling ... ? That sounds ... very wrong. But if that's what they're saying, I mean, that's the protocol I guess. I just don't see how it wouldn't register in the system as a forfeiture of the application, especially when you can reschedule in advance so easily (and ostensibly for this very purpose). 

Call USTravelDocs in the morning or when they open around midnight (they work Polish time). Clarify this ASAP. You can also call the one for Israel while you're at it and see if they can give more guidance about transferring over-the-phone. I wouldn't give up just yet with the Schengen hunt, either. I know it's a pain, but as the procedure is unlikely to change, this is now part-and-parcel of the US visa process.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
5 hours ago, slavaskii said:

USTravelDocs is telling you to miss your interview before rescheduling ... ? That sounds ... very wrong. But if that's what they're saying, I mean, that's the protocol I guess. I just don't see how it wouldn't register in the system as a forfeiture of the application, especially when you can reschedule in advance so easily (and ostensibly for this very purpose). 

Call USTravelDocs in the morning or when they open around midnight (they work Polish time). Clarify this ASAP. You can also call the one for Israel while you're at it and see if they can give more guidance about transferring over-the-phone. I wouldn't give up just yet with the Schengen hunt, either. I know it's a pain, but as the procedure is unlikely to change, this is now part-and-parcel of the US visa process.

I don't see any phone number for IV enquiries on U.S. Embassy Israel website, only the email address. The Polish embassy website does have a phone number though.

Timeline

I called to USTravelDocs Polish number and spoke to the customer representative. In short: they can't do anything, they just provide  the same information that's available on their website, like robots. She just keeps saying the same thing over and over: you can either reschedule or transfer the case to another Embassy but we can't help you with anything on our side. BTW, I was able to reschedule the interview already using USTravelDocs website, just in case. It's not clear at all what happens if you just miss the interview, the customer service girl was unable to answer that simple question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/16/2022 at 6:12 AM, Master5 said:

BTW, I was able to reschedule the interview already using USTravelDocs website, just in case.

I was about to say, so many beneficiaries in Telegram chats claim they can reschedule at will (even if after the 3rd it costs money).

Have you tried Spain? That seems to be the last Russian-not-hostile EU country when it comes to visas.

We're using Spain as well in a couple of weeks.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

I was about to say, so many beneficiaries in Telegram chats claim they can reschedule at will (even if after the 3rd it costs money).

Have you tried Spain? That seems to be the last Russian-not-hostile EU country when it comes to visas.

We're using Spain as well in a couple of weeks.

What Telegram chats are those? I'm trying to transfer the case to some other embassy right now, to a country that doesn't requite a damn visa to enter for Russian citizens. If that fails then we'll try to get a visa from Spain, but that will be next year. Israel embassy still didn't reply to my email about the transfer after 2 weeks, and next week they have Hanukah :) 

Timeline

I would also like information on the Telegram chats please.

The United States government is well aware of the issue surrounding Russian citizens traveling into Warsaw Poland for a visa interview and they do nothing to improve the situation, there  needs to be an embassy made available to Russian citizens that does not require a Shenzhen visa. This is unacceptable and it has been allowed to continue on too long.

Edited by ChristopherG

Timeline
9 hours ago, Master5 said:

What Telegram chats are those? I'm trying to transfer the case to some other embassy right now, to a country that doesn't requite a damn visa to enter for Russian citizens. If that fails then we'll try to get a visa from Spain, but that will be next year. Israel embassy still didn't reply to my email about the transfer after 2 weeks, and next week they have Hanukah :) 

Have your beneficiary look this one up: Чат "Радар надежды"

Others have links:

https://t.me/from_ru_to

https://t.me/ruperesecheniye_granitsy

https://t.me/Vainervisa2022

https://t.me/pogran_kontrol_russia

Do realize these are internet communities where all information has to be rechecked. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, ChristopherG said:

I would also like information on the Telegram chats please.

The United States government is well aware of the issue surrounding Russian citizens traveling into Warsaw Poland for a visa interview and they do nothing to improve the situation, there  needs to be an embassy made available to Russian citizens that does not require a Shenzhen visa. This is unacceptable and it has been allowed to continue on too long.

Don't tell anyone - but I think it's all a master plot to reroute interests of American petitioners from Russians to 70K+ of Ukrainian potential beneficiaries already here under U4U 😜

[/sarcasm]

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2022 at 2:33 AM, Master5 said:

Were you able to transfer your case to Israel? Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.