Hemzi

Naturalization certificate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have my naturalization interview next week at the Dallas Field Office... hoping for that combo interview. 

However, I wanted to clarify the request that we have to provide the original naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship, if we currently do not have that to hand, would my spouse's U.S passport work in it's stead?

35 minutes ago, Hemzi said:

would my spouse's U.S passport work in it's stead?

Not always. You may be asked for US citizen spouse's birth or naturalization certificate. Sometimes IO need to confirm the source of US citizenship.

You can and should obtain another one. If not for N-400, then it may be useful in the future.

1 hour ago, Hemzi said:

I have my naturalization interview next week at the Dallas Field Office... hoping for that combo interview. 

However, I wanted to clarify the request that we have to provide the original naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship, if we currently do not have that to hand, would my spouse's U.S passport work in it's stead?

Let us know how it goes. 

<-- Fellow Dallas customer.

3 hours ago, Hemzi said:

Bring whatever they ask for.   US passport is only evidence of citizenship, not how it was obtained (by birth or other).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Bring whatever they ask for.   US passport is only evidence of citizenship, not how it was obtained (by birth or other).

21 hours ago, OldUser said:

Not always. You may be asked for US citizen spouse's birth or naturalization certificate. Sometimes IO need to confirm the source of US citizenship.

You can and should obtain another one. If not for N-400, then it may be useful in the future.

Thank you both, we can get the original in time, just will take a couple of days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 12/7/2022 at 10:14 PM, Hemzi said:

For Dallas Office, please bring your USC spouse with you on the interview day. From your timeline, 99% you will get a combo interview and officers will ask for USC spouse. While waiting on the 2nd floor for my spouse N400, I see Officer asked many applicants if USC was with them and they interview both.

With my spouse join interview(I751, then N400), officer asked my spouse if I was with her, and interview both of us.I751 interview really simple since our case is solid. N400 was the same: standard civil test questions, Yes and No questions on the N400 form, then reading and writing on the tablet. Status changed to oath ceremony will be scheduled 30 mins after we left Dallas field office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.