tmrtng

I-130 for my parents-Please help-Clarification is needed

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

Hope everybody is doing well.

I have started filling out I-130 for my parents. 

I was hoping if someone could please help me understand what date I should put to the question: On what date was the Certificate issued? The date I have on my Certificate is the date of my ceremony. I am not positive when exactly the document was issued?  What date did you put? And where can I find that date, (if it is not the ceremony date they want)?

Thank you!

Tatyana.

Current cases: Bringing my parents to US

Mother: I-130 - Dec 6, 2022 - Application received

Father: I-130 - Dec7, 2022 - Application received

Mother: I-130 - Oct 24, 2023 - Approved

Father: I-130 - Oct 25, 2023 -Approved

Mother: NVC - Nov 6, 2023 - Paid

Father: NVC - Nov 6, 2023 - Paid

Mother: NVC - Dec 16, 2023 - Forms Completed + Docs submitted

Father: NVC - Dec 16, 2023 - Forms Completed+ Docs submitted

Mother: NVC - Dec 21, 2023 - DQ

Father: NVC - Jan 04, 2024 - DQ

Both parents: Interview schedules-for March 2024-Feb 13, 2024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, tmrtng said:

Hello!

Hope everybody is doing well.

I have started filling out I-130 for my parents. 

I was hoping if someone could please help me understand what date I should put to the question: On what date was the Certificate issued? The date I have on my Certificate is the date of my ceremony. I am not positive when exactly the document was issued?  What date did you put? And where can I find that date, (if it is not the ceremony date they want)?

Thank you!

Tatyana.

I am assuming you are asking about your naturalization certificate. It was issued the day you took your oath. The date of your oath ceremony is the date you obtained citizenship 

Great! Thank you very much! Yes, naturalization certificate, sorry for not specifying.  

Current cases: Bringing my parents to US

Mother: I-130 - Dec 6, 2022 - Application received

Father: I-130 - Dec7, 2022 - Application received

Mother: I-130 - Oct 24, 2023 - Approved

Father: I-130 - Oct 25, 2023 -Approved

Mother: NVC - Nov 6, 2023 - Paid

Father: NVC - Nov 6, 2023 - Paid

Mother: NVC - Dec 16, 2023 - Forms Completed + Docs submitted

Father: NVC - Dec 16, 2023 - Forms Completed+ Docs submitted

Mother: NVC - Dec 21, 2023 - DQ

Father: NVC - Jan 04, 2024 - DQ

Both parents: Interview schedules-for March 2024-Feb 13, 2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.