CamiloVelasquez

Move interview?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife is in Colombia, the NVC just approve all the documents a couple week ago and we still waiting for the interview appointment date, We don't know when we will get it, she needs to travel to finish university, Can the appointment be moved to another date? How long can we postpone the appointment date?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

The NVC approve all the documents on Nov 8/2022 and they say (((The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas. NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in BOGOTA, COL to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable))).

I still dont have and interview date, I still waiting

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It's not clear to me what you really want to do.  If you want to delay the interview, contact NVC and ask them to schedule the interview no sooner than the month and year you want.  How long a delay do you want?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I still don't know, my wife needs to travel to Malta or Australia to study and finish some university classes, but we still don't know when she has to go and we are also waiting for the embassy appointment, so all I need to know if is possible to reschedule the interview appointment in case that she needs to travel?  reschedule the interview appointment would affect our case? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, CamiloVelasquez said:

I still don't know, my wife needs to travel to Malta or Australia to study and finish some university classes, but we still don't know when she has to go and we are also waiting for the embassy appointment, so all I need to know if is possible to reschedule the interview appointment in case that she needs to travel?  reschedule the interview appointment would affect our case? 

Depends on for how long.  I asked the pertinent questions.  You need the answers.  It's not just when she goes, but also how long until she's available to move to the USA permanently.  You need at least approximate answers to those questions and I need the same to ANSWER your questions.

Note that a spouse visa is for living in the USA permanently.  Don't get one until she's ready to spend more time in the USA than out of it, and not before she can stay long enough to avoid being gone more than six months.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
On 12/20/2022 at 8:26 PM, pushbrk said:

Depends on for how long.  I asked the pertinent questions.  You need the answers.  It's not just when she goes, but also how long until she's available to move to the USA permanently.  You need at least approximate answers to those questions and I need the same to ANSWER your questions.

Note that a spouse visa is for living in the USA permanently.  Don't get one until she's ready to spend more time in the USA than out of it, and not before she can stay long enough to avoid being gone more than six months.

We got the interview date February 13 2023, if everything goes fine she will be here in the US in March, she will stay here for a month or two and then leave to Malta for two months, can she do that? is that going to be a problem?

Timeline
1 hour ago, CamiloVelasquez said:

We got the interview date February 13 2023, if everything goes fine she will be here in the US in March, she will stay here for a month or two and then leave to Malta for two months, can she do that? is that going to be a problem?

Not a problem, as long as when she comes back, she makes the USA her permanent primary residence.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Not a problem, as long as when she comes back, she makes the USA her permanent primary residence.

When we first submitted the DS-260 untill now, some information changed, do I have to make a new DS260 form?

Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

some information has changed since I submitted the DS 260 form? Do i have to make new one? Also Do i have to make a new I-864 form?

Timeline
4 hours ago, CamiloVelasquez said:

some information has changed since I submitted the DS 260 form? Do i have to make new one? Also Do i have to make a new I-864 form?

Depends on what and how much information changed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
51 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Depends on what and how much information changed.

She applied for a tourist visa (it was declined, they said wait for your residence and they also said this will not affect you process) , she went to Spain 2 weeks and she does not have the same job. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, CamiloVelasquez said:

She applied for a tourist visa (it was declined, they said wait for your residence and they also said this will not affect you process) , she went to Spain 2 weeks and she does not have the same job. 

I would take no action based on those facts.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
12 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I would take no action based on those facts.

Ok thanks, what about the  I-864 form? Do I have to make a new one?

Edited by CamiloVelasquez

Timeline
10 hours ago, CamiloVelasquez said:

Ok thanks, what about the  I-864 form? Do I have to make a new one?

It depends on what, if anything has changed.  It is not a general requirement but they will want to see the latest tax return if a new one has been filed since you submitted.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.