4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all,

Last year, I was given an A# when I got my OPT card (actually called Employment Authorization Card).

This year I got married to my wife who is an US Citizen and I am applying for AOS and several forms ask for an A# .

Should I put the A# on my OPT card?

Thanks ...

You are filing for naturalization?! Hmm... Can't be right...

I was advised by counsel not to use my previous A# on my OPT/EAD from my F-1/H-1B days. When I sent my AOS, they just assigned me a newer, more current number. My OPT/EAD A# was still issued by the now renamed, Immigration and Naturalization Service and had a different format.

You may just leave the A# field blank.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi all,

Last year, I was given an A# when I got my OPT card (actually called Employment Authorization Card).

This year I got married to my wife who is an US Citizen and I am applying for AOS and several forms ask for an A# .

Thanks ...

Murat,

I have put my old A# from OPT when I applied to AOS. They assigned me a new A#.

Kaan

AOS & EAD

05/24/07: I-485,I-130 and I-765 Mailed AOS/EAD to Chicago

05/26/07: The package arrives to P.O. Box

05/30/07: NOA1 Received date

06/04/07: NOA1 Notice Date (Day 1)

06/05/07: Checks are cashed.

06/08/07: NOA1 arrives.

06/08/07: Biometrics notice date (Day 5)

06/15/07: Biometrics letter arrived. (Day 12)

06/21/07: Touched-first time:)

06/30/07: Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

07/02/07: Touched- I485 & I765

07/16/07: Interview letter arrives (Day 43)

08/08/07: Touched-I485

08/11/07: EAD start date (since no update online, I assume this is the approval date)

08/13/07: Touched-I485

08/20/07: Got EAD in the mail. (No touches and no email notification) (Day 78)

08/21/07: E-mail notification for EAD

08/27/07: Interview (Day 85) approved, but had to resubmit the birthcertificate

09/26/07: birth certificate is submitted, passport stamped. Receive "card production ordered email"

10/04/07: "Welcome U.S.A." letter received.

10/10/07: Green Card received. (Day 129)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks ...

I have same problem too. I was F1 student ten years ago. I had A# from OPT. I use new A# to apply AOS. I was wondering if it cause any problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.