Kez/JWolf

Strange thing about locked threads

274 posts in this topic

Personally I would consider it a definite problem if people like Kez, rebeccajo, dev et al., are getting pissed off because these people are the backbone of the AOS forum and others, and losing them would be a huge loss to the forum.

Yeah, but Dev is ALWAYS pissed off.

I am? Since when do you speak for me?

New VJ feature :lol:

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey all -- should we close this topic and restart under a new title to keep things more clear. Just wanted to see how I can assist in organizing the topic / discussion. :) Let me know!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline
Personally I would consider it a definite problem if people like Kez, rebeccajo, dev et al., are getting pissed off because these people are the backbone of the AOS forum and others, and losing them would be a huge loss to the forum.

Just call 'em as I see 'em. Every single day you are getting snotty with someone, chiding someone, or proclaiming loudly as part of the Martyr Club.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Hey all -- should we close this topic and restart under a new title to keep things more clear. Just wanted to see how I can assist in organizing the topic / discussion. :) Let me know!

Why start a new thread. This one seems to be keeping amazingly focussed and on-track.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just call 'em as I see 'em. Every single day you are getting snotty with someone, chiding someone, or proclaiming loudly as part of the Martyr Club.

With all due respect Devilette...he's right. :(

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

No offense Platy, but you're feeeding into the same behavoir yourself. I'm not sure what your purpose in this thread is except to chide people you personally don't like (I assume your footer is a swipe at DEv, you've had it posted for some time)

For whatever your issues with her are and whatever her tone may be, at least Devilette provides valuable advice in AOS and K-1 forums. I'm not sure you do the same.

90day.jpg

Closing the thread and starting a new one is not going to solve the issues that have been raised here... There have been many good points raise in this thread from many members.... we can have as many threads as you want but until the main issue has been seen to be addressed by members of VJ the subject is not going to go away...

while some of us are willing to make a public statement about the situation so that we can make VJ a fun place to be, where good info can be shared to help people through the maze of immigration... sadly there are members who feel they are better off not being here because of the way they have been treated... and their departure from VJ is our loss...

Some have said "well its not real life so why let it bother you.... VJ is very much a part of real life for many.... it is the backbone of their source of information and support, it is a very unique site with a wonderful support system for all members and one of the best sources of immigration info and real life expirence that is available on the net...

I do not support public humiliation, but when one member is seen to being allowed to run riot and to ordenary members it appears that nothing is been done then there comes a time when someone has to speak out and try to improve things....

Kez

(I assume your footer is a swipe at DEv, you've had it posted for some time)

Now WHY would you assume that? Hmmm....by your assumption, you have shown that you agree with me.

As for contributing to the forums...

I wasn't aware that this was a post-only forum. I thought people were allowed to come here to read and use the knowledge of the people who have been through it already. Silly me.

But yes, I did post helpful things at one time. I saw, however, that such things weren't appreciated and it was much easier to just stomp across the board like a raging arsehole, telling people to use the damn search function, and assuming that anything said was about you.

So I adopted the same attitude.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Now WHY would you assume that? Hmmm....by your assumption, you have shown that you agree with me.

I wasn't aware that this was a post-only forum. I thought people were allowed to come here to read and use the knowledge of the people who have been through it already. Silly me.

But yes, I did post helpful things at one time. I saw, however, that such things weren't appreciated and it was much easier to just stomp across the board like a raging arsehole, telling people to use the damn search function, and assuming that anything said was about you.

PlatyPius, Please try to keep this on topic, your posts are not helping us to try to resolve the situation....

Thanks

Kez

I just matched up the language of your post with the footer (use of the word martyr being a give away) - not exactly rocket science. It was clear you had an issue with someone and were using your footer to advertise that fact. What's this about a raging arsehole you say?

Sometimes it's so ironic it's like reading Kierkegaard.

And no, you don't have to contribute to forums, but many with the issue here (kez, Dev, RJ, Tracey) provide considerable support on an important life-changing event. I think their views on this issue are important. It would be a lose it any of them left, whatever your own personal views on them might be.

90day.jpg

PlatyPius, Please try to keep this on topic, your posts are not helping us to try to resolve the situation....

Thanks

Kez

It IS on topic.

It's the same people demanding the same things over and over and over and over. My posts happen to be about one of those people.

Why are skins so thin here that people feel the need to tattle about anyone who says something against them or even just disagrees with them? I've owned several message boards, been a member on a lot more, and I have NEVER seen so much whining, tattling, and finger-pointing as I have here.

Y'all have accused the moderators of preferential treatment of some people, but what is it that robinklake is doing right here in this very thread? Apparently Dev, Kez, etc are more important than me (preferential treatment) because they contribute more to the forum. Hello? Hypocrisy anyone?

And before anyone accuses me of being biased toward Homesick_American (I wish y'all would just name names instead of making vague references...), I think H_A herself can disavow that one. Dig up the thread where she was talking about buying a house in Texas, if you have any doubts.

I hoped to make a point with my posts, and thanks to robinklake, I did.

Edited by PlatyPius

Y'all have accused the moderators of preferential treatment of some people, but what is it that robinklake is doing right here in this very thread? Apparently Dev, Kez, etc are more important than me (preferential treatment) because they contribute more to the forum. Hello? Hypocrisy anyone?

I never said more important, stop being so thin-skinned yourself - your only reason for being here (this thread or the site suggestions area generally) appears to be to take potshots at people you dislike. I am only calling you on that.

90day.jpg

If you feel that it was on topic.... then thanks for your contrabution...

I did not name the member that I was refering to because I did not feel that they needed to be named... I think everyone here is fully aware of who it is we are refering to....

Kez

Why are skins so thin here that people feel the need to tattle about anyone who says something against them or even just disagrees with them? I've owned several message boards, been a member on a lot more, and I have NEVER seen so much whining, tattling, and finger-pointing as I have here.

If we're that vile to be around, why the hell are you here? Mags is a big girl - not to mention smart and capable - which is why I'm quite sure she can handle herself without your 'help'. And we get it, you detest Dev. You think we're all whiners and tattlers. You enjoy stomping around here and being an arsehole. Etc. and so forth. Duly noted. :thumbs:

I can't speak for anyone else in this thread, but I did not contribute to it to pick on or attack the mods. (I think they have a thankless, difficult job.) I am trying to come up with feasible solutions to the issues at hand. I'm sure that won't stop you from stomping on me, but now that I know your M.O., I'll be sure not to take it personally. :)

And if this now makes me one of the whiners/tattlers, then yay for me! :D :D

SA4userbar.jpg

If we're that vile to be around, why the hell are you here? Mags is a big girl - not to mention smart and capable - which is why I'm quite sure she can handle herself without your 'help'. And we get it, you detest Dev. You think we're all whiners and tattlers. You enjoy stomping around here and being an arsehole. Etc. and so forth. Duly noted. :thumbs:

I can't speak for anyone else in this thread, but I did not contribute to it to pick on or attack the mods. (I think they have a thankless, difficult job.) I am trying to come up with feasible solutions to the issues at hand. I'm sure that won't stop you from stomping on me, but now that I know your M.O., I'll be sure not to take it personally. :)

And if this now makes me one of the whiners/tattlers, then yay for me! :D:D

Hell Tracy, I LIKE you. Part of that preferential treatment.... I won't stomp on you.

The ONLY reason I posted to this thread was because I can only take so much before I have to say what's on my mind.

Oh. AND I quit smoking Sunday.