kingpups

Change of Address while AOS pending (split)

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am experiencing this right now. I am the petitioner on my husbands I-485 case. We moved out the state we were living in when we submitted our original applications. So this move will also effect our interview location and office that processes our case. He submitted the Ar-11 in June when he moved. He received the email confirmation so we assumed that it was taken care of. I just moved this past week to live with him again ( i had stayed at our old address while he got our new place sorted out for our family, we have a child) and i went on our uscis online accounts to check on things and to look into what i need to do to change my address ie. form I-865 since i am also a sponsor for him. When i looked at his account it still says his our old address! I was shocked and worried. So i spoke with the USCIS contact center and they confirmed that they only have the old address on file and could not tell me if the AR-11 was ever received. They scolded me and said they you are suppossed to update your online account as well as submit the AR-11, but no where on the website or instructions does it say this. 

Does anybody have any words of guidance? Its been 4 months now since my husband moved. The new state oklahoma, that we moved too., has a much shorter processing time than the old state california, and we were hoping that would help our case move faster but now it seems that this could have delayed our case

Also on my uscis online account, i attempted to update my address online under my profile as directed by the contact center and it has a warning exclamation symbol and says that I cannot update my mailing or physical address at this point during the adjudication. I spoke with the contact center about this and they put in a service request to change my address, took down my new addresses, and then told me i would be contacted. he told me multiple times that I do not need to do anything else like turning in a I-865, he said that is not necessary, but i called back to get a second opinion and the woman i spoke with said that because i am a sponsor on my husbands case, that i must submit a I-865. Im so confused! I dont want to do the wrong thing, any words of advise would be greatly appreciated! 

@kingpups Sponsor must submit I-865 for address changes.

LPR must submit AR-11 unless it's an online application. Did your spouse file N-400 online?

Just read the instructions

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Edited by OldUser

24 minutes ago, OldUser said:

LPR must submit AR-11 unless it's an online application. Did your spouse file N-400 online?

24 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Thank you for your reply. Maybe my post wasn't clear. My husband is currently waiting for his interview to recieve lpr. He currently has no status. And all our applications are pending. He submitted the AR-11 online. But the contact center said scolded him for not submitting the AR-11 AND updating his online account. But nowhere in the instructions does it say you need to do both

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post post along with replies spilt off an unrelated thread. Please do not post questions about your own case in other member's threads.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.