emekus94

IR/CR-1: NVC Steps to Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Would anyone that recently went through the IR/CR-1 process have some type of a guide/flowchart for the NVC process and steps to interview?

I know the general get case number, do AOS and things like that but perhaps something more streamlined?

All processes I came across on VJ seem to be from like 2014 and am a bit concerned they're outdated?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Would anyone that recently went through the IR/CR-1 process have some type of a guide/flowchart for the NVC process and steps to interview?

Process flow from the official DOS website -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, have you received a welcome email from NVC? If yes then all the instructions are in that email. 

So you'll log on to the ceac site and pay for everything you see there. I'll suggest you pay one at a time and wait for them to approve payment. Then submit all necessary documents. Make sure while filing the immigrant visa application, the information you put there matches what you submitted on your i130. 

After submitting everything required of you, you just have to wait. I think it take about 2 months now to get an approval. 

If you know any WhatsApp group for cr1 in Nigeria kindly share link please.

Timeline
On 10/20/2022 at 1:25 PM, Chancy said:

Thank you so much!
This was helpful. I already know how to bother NVC to get the case number so this narrows it out.

Timeline
On 10/21/2022 at 1:52 AM, Milkybar said:

Hi, have you received a welcome email from NVC? If yes then all the instructions are in that email. 

So you'll log on to the ceac site and pay for everything you see there. I'll suggest you pay one at a time and wait for them to approve payment. Then submit all necessary documents. Make sure while filing the immigrant visa application, the information you put there matches what you submitted on your i130. 

After submitting everything required of you, you just have to wait. I think it take about 2 months now to get an approval. 

If you know any WhatsApp group for cr1 in Nigeria kindly share link please.

Thanks for the reply.
no welcome email from NVC yet.

Just getting NOA2 now.
I know it takes a few days/weeks to get NVC case number and email.

If I hear of any whatsapp groups, will be sure to share. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.