13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Omg that’s CRAZY!! I just got documented complete with NVC this month. I’m fearing after reading your post that I could be waiting a year or longer until interview 😳

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Racheal Okere said:

My goodness😳 I got DQ Last month, I can’t wait another year for my interview 🥺🥺

😔That's what's happening

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Racheal Okere said:

😔😔 waiting time too long

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-backlog.html

Extract 

However, the pandemic continues to severely impact the number of visas our embassies and consulates abroad are able to process.  The particular constraints vary based on local conditions and restrictions, but include local and national lockdowns; travel restrictions; host country quarantine regulations; and measures taken by our embassies and consulates to contain the spread of COVID-19.   …

Number of IV applicants whose cases are documentarily complete at NVC and ready for interview as of September 30 435,063
Number of documentarily complete IV applicants scheduled for October 2022 interview appointments 35,777
Number of eligible IV applicants still pending the scheduling of an interview after October 2022 appointment scheduling was completed 399,286

Note: In Calendar Year 2019 on average, 60,866 applicants were pending the scheduling of an interview each month.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, Traqedfkjbv said:

Been waiting since 2021 Oct dq case is f2a  anyone know which year or month interview is being issued at Lagos Nigeria?

Last I heard they were on DQ'd June or July 2021 I was DQ'd Oct 2021 so we're getting close

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, Racheal Okere said:

You might be waiting for a while unfortunately 🤥 I've been waiting for a year I was DQ'd Oct 2021 and I'm still waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It makes a difference on the visa category & the citizenship status of the petitioner. I was trying to read the visa bulletin to get an estimate on my case & spouse visa’s aren’t listed on there. Does it mean that it will be faster since I’m applying for a spouse of a US citizen?

1 hour ago, deewifey2020 said:

It makes a difference on the visa category & the citizenship status of the petitioner. I was trying to read the visa bulletin to get an estimate on my case & spouse visa’s aren’t listed on there. Does it mean that it will be faster since I’m applying for a spouse of a US citizen?

Immediate relative cases have visa numbers immediately available which is why they are not listed on the visa bulletin. 

40 minutes ago, Marshae04 said:

CR1

CR1 cases have a different queue for interview than F2A cases.  CR1/IR1 typically have shorter waiting time.  OP is asking about F2A wait time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.