homesick_american

Younger men?

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Being single for awhile after being in long term relationship is a good thing, IMO.

i agree totally, most people need time to regroup and get over the past relationship..it is not like losing a pet and then buying another one a week later..imho

again, most people, everyone is differnet ......

I remember hearing it described as the 'tarzan effect'....not letting go of one without having hold of another.

I enjoyed my single-ness after I left my ex. It gave me the time to figure out who I was as my own person, without being defined by someone else. I brought more to the table when I got with D :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I certainly will no longer share any personal information on this board and would advise anyone else here to do the same.

July 11th 2007, 11.40am.

Any guesses?

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Jeez, who gives a toss if she wants to share info or not? Whether people agree or disagree is kinda besides the point. So she changed her mind...big whoop. If any of you think she's being an AW...well guess what, if you don't rise to the occassion by giving her that attn, well then you've neutered her efforts. Because it's only going to turn into a locked thread cos you'll say summat, then she will, then you'll reply...etc.

No one here needs to justify his/her presence....so she's not on a VJ anymore...but she's spent a lot of time here and maybe the familiarity of this place is helping her through her adjustment back home.

Being single for awhile after being in long term relationship is a good thing, IMO.

i agree totally, most people need time to regroup and get over the past relationship..it is not like losing a pet and then buying another one a week later..imho

again, most people, everyone is differnet ......

I remember hearing it described as the 'tarzan effect'....not letting go of one without having hold of another.

I enjoyed my single-ness after I left my ex. It gave me the time to figure out who I was as my own person, without being defined by someone else. I brought more to the table when I got with D :)

:thumbs: sister Lisa, as always, you are right thinking and acting..i am glad for your deserved happiness...your brother dean

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Jeez, who gives a toss if she wants to share info or not? Whether people agree or disagree is kinda besides the point. So she changed her mind...big whoop. If any of you think she's being an AW...well guess what, if you don't rise to the occassion by giving her that attn, well then you've neutered her efforts. Because it's only going to turn into a locked thread cos you'll say summat, then she will, then you'll reply...etc.

No one here needs to justify his/her presence....so she's not on a VJ anymore...but she's spent a lot of time here and maybe the familiarity of this place is helping her through her adjustment back home.

I think it's more the pattern that's emerged that is the problem.

Sweetness & light, sweetness & light, me, me, me, I have a problem, please help me, why should I listen to you, you don't know me, I don't need your advice, who asked you anyway, poor poor pitiful me, why do I get victimized, you're now on ignore. THEN she gets the sympathy as some give her the benefit of the doubt.

She's a psychology students dream.

Twice now she's posted F you topics and then has been let back into the warmth of VJ's arms. If her attitude hadn't been so b!tchy in the past, maybe more people would be sympathetic.

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, the title of this thread compelled me to read... but after reading, I think this is about something very different. (Sometimes it's wonderful being a naive newbie who has little to no experience with previous histrionics of posters.) I typically read posts and take them purely at their surface value. Seems safer that way

So in THAT vein, I will say that the GOOD age gap relationships eventually just turn into "relationships", with no descriptive labels pigeon-holing them into a stereotype. I'm 15 years older than my fiance and the age diff is a non-issue at this point. When people ask if he's "mature for his age" he is quick to answer, "No, she's just immature for hers." :P

Relationships are reflections of the people that are in them. Want yours to be better? Look to yourself to be a better partner FIRST.

Just my humble opinion. (F)

2007:

February - May: extended visit to States, engagement.

5/4: I-129F sent (Texas Service Center, forwarded to California Service Center)

5/11: Petition received at California Service Center.

5/16: Check cleared. NOA1 online (no hard copy received yet)

6/19: NOA1 hard copy arrived FINALLY

7/16: Sent off for Police Certificate (U.K.)

8/22: TOUCHED due to phone call (RFE Trick, was told case wasn't assigned yet)

9/20:APPROVED!!! After 127 days from NOA1 and 139 days from filing date.

10/23: Spoke to Kelly at NVC who said they should have received our petition by now. She advised I send a copy of our NOA2 directly to the NVC office, which I did immediately. :-)

10/26: NVC RECEIVES CASE!

10/30: NVC SENDS CASE TO LONDON CONSULATE

11/1: Consulate receives case in London AND sends out Packet 3.

11/6: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate (we'd downloaded the forms on VJ and had them completed already)

11/22: Appointment for Medical.

2008:

01/08: Interview scheduled for 10 a.m. APPROVED!!!

02/01/08: Stephen comes to America!!!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawl.gif

I never said she was being an AW - I was truly just trying to understand.

She's not on VJ anymore? Since when?

SA4userbar.jpg

I never said she was being an AW - I was truly just trying to understand.

She's not on VJ anymore? Since when?

It was a general comment not aimed at anyone in particular.

She's not on A vj anymore...not vj the website. There was a comment about that, dunno who wrote it.

Sweetness & light, sweetness & light, me, me, me, I have a problem, please help me, why should I listen to you, you don't know me, I don't need your advice, who asked you anyway, poor poor pitiful me, why do I get victimized, you're now on ignore. THEN she gets the sympathy as some give her the benefit of the doubt.

Twice now she's posted F you topics and then has been let back into the warmth of VJ's arms. If her attitude hadn't been so b!tchy in the past, maybe more people would be sympathetic.

So are you annoyed that some people have turned the other cheek?

You know, there was this time when I loathed this person I had to be around. I'd always be outraged at the sh!t she did. One time, this psychologist friend of mine said:

has she always annoyed you? answer: yes

has she always done the 'wrong thing' iyo? answer: yes

then why do you suddenly expect her to change????? answer: speechless

and from that point on, I was never annoyed again.

If you feel HA's pattern is this that or the other, why are you suprised when you see her doing something within that pattern?

She's not on A vj anymore...not vj the website. There was a comment about that, dunno who wrote it.

Oh ok - I'm following you now. I took VJ too literally.

SA4userbar.jpg

Oh ok - I'm following you now. I took VJ too literally.

np - I misread it too in your quote :lol:

Hey Steven... That was hilarious... Hehehehehehe!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

"And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson: Jesus loves you more than you will know '' now I have this song stuck in my head :wacko:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

So are you annoyed that some people have turned the other cheek?

You know, there was this time when I loathed this person I had to be around. I'd always be outraged at the sh!t she did. One time, this psychologist friend of mine said:

has she always annoyed you? answer: yes

has she always done the 'wrong thing' iyo? answer: yes

then why do you suddenly expect her to change????? answer: speechless

and from that point on, I was never annoyed again.

If you feel HA's pattern is this that or the other, why are you suprised when you see her doing something within that pattern?

I've never been further from either of these emotions :lol: .

I think it's amusing someone feels the need to lay their life into a forum for all to trample on. Do we care what she earns? Was it really necessary to share that info? Do we care her husband is a mama's boy? Are bowel movements the next thing she'll be sharing? If people want to enable her addiction to attention, then knock yourself out. It is just very unfair to see relatively new VJers feel that they have said something out of line, when someone's mood varies from hour to hour between sweet as sugar to poison.

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin