Kainatt Zehra

lawyer for family based immigration

8 posts in this topic

I am a green card holder. I am want to sponsor my husband who is a doctor. He came to the US on a J1-waiver but due to some issues he had to complete his waiver in 2 different states with a year's gap between them. I am looking for a really good lawyer who has had experiences in these kind of cases to file for my husbands immigration. Thanks 

Edited by Kainatt Zehra

48 minutes ago, Kainatt Zehra said:

I am a green card holder. I am want to sponsor my husband who is a doctor.

Where is your husband currently?  Is he still in the US on J1 status?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

if your husband is still employed on H1, ask the employer if they can provide legal help to apply for your husbands permanent residence through the spouse. once he has the green card, his employer will save money that they usually spend on renewing the H1 visa so they might be willing to pay for this. I had done this a few years ago and my employer used the same law firm they were using for the H1B and PERM process for the employees.

Edited by Bajinga

1 hour ago, Bajinga said:

if your husband is still employed on H1, ask the employer if they can provide legal help to apply for your husbands permanent residence through the spouse.

Agree with this.  Key point for the OP's husband's case is whether he has been out of status at any point during his current stay in the US (say between getting J1 and H1), or if he ever engaged in work not allowed under his J1 or H1 visas.  A competent lawyer would be able to determine that or if there are any other grounds for inadmissibility.

Right, so my husband did have a lawyer who he didn't actually work with but who knew his case, and some of her advices turned out to be true. In that case is it better to go with that lawyer or should we find someone else.

p.s my husband always stayed in the US legally and worked legally as well. 

very grateful for all this input. 

Edited by Kainatt Zehra

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.