NotDoug

Question about document return process

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, finally have our interview booked in for late October and i'm just a little confused about the document return process. Going through the site it seems like my documents are going to be delivered to DXS Manchester, do I have to go and pick that up or is that just telling me the branch that will then be delivering it on to my home address?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, NotDoug said:

Hi, finally have our interview booked in for late October and i'm just a little confused about the document return process. Going through the site it seems like my documents are going to be delivered to DXS Manchester, do I have to go and pick that up or is that just telling me the branch that will then be delivering it on to my home address?

Thanks in advance!

When you made your visa appointment, you were to also make courier arrangements. You had the choice of free pickup by you at a courier location or paying a fee for home delivery. Did you pay a fee?  The cost is $30 but you would have paid the ££ conversion.

Edited by Wuozopo

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

When you made your visa appointment, you were to also make courier arrangements. You had the choice of free pickup by you at a courier location or paying a fee for home delivery. Did you pay a fee?  The cost is $30 but you would have paid the ££ conversion.

Does anyone have experience as to which is the faster return? Like, I know hub pick ups can be faster since they don't have to be further sorted and dispatched and delivered, but that's the US so IDK if it's much different in the UK. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, LN1Casey said:

Does anyone have experience as to which is the faster return? Like, I know hub pick ups can be faster since they don't have to be further sorted and dispatched and delivered, but that's the US so IDK if it's much different in the UK. 

Past discussions of this indicate it is the same. You get notice to pick up “tomorrow” or notice of delivery “tomorrow”..

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Yeah i'm sure I did I remember that, and there was also the option of a "premium" postage service I think. Am I thinking of the right thing here?

Nevermind, that "premium service" IS the delivery, and I clearly just can't read properly. Thanks for the help anyway Wuozopo!

Edited by NotDoug

2 hours ago, LN1Casey said:

I can't say which is faster. But I did home delivery and it was fast. Interviewed midday Thursday, had the passport Tuesday morning. 

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, NotDoug said:

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!  How long did you have to wait for your interview letter?

Timeline
8 hours ago, CaffeNeroGuy said:

Thanks! NVC sent our petition off on August 16th and then the interview letter came through on September 5th so just under 3 weeks wait on that letter. From start to interview date it's been 531 days.

Timeline
9 hours ago, CaffeNeroGuy said:

59 minutes ago, NotDoug said:

Thanks! NVC sent our petition off on August 16th and then the interview letter came through on September 5th so just under 3 weeks wait on that letter. From start to interview date it's been 531 days.

@CaffeNeroGuy  

You asked.a K1 a question that is not applicable. K1s do not get DQed by NVC and no interviews are assigned by NVC. They get to choose their own appointment online once the embassy has received their file. 

K1s are non-immigrant visas while your process for an immigrant visa is much different. 

Timeline
On 9/28/2022 at 8:17 PM, LN1Casey said:

I had my interview last Monday (26th) and the the visa was delivered to my door on the Thursday (29th), so it's super quick. Unless you live right near the hub it's probably worth it to get it delivered.

I-129F Sent -  April 30 2021
I-129F Received by lockbox (NOA1) - May 4, 2021

I-129F Notification received - May 14, 2021

NOA1 physical copy received - May 22, 2021

NOA2 received - June 14, 2022 

NOA2 physical copy received - June 21, 2022

In transit to embassy - August 16, 2022

Interview (approved) - September 26, 2022

Visa in hand - September 29, 2022

US Entry - October 11, 2022

i-485 filed - January 10, 2023

i-485 approved - April 5, 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.