doug & angel

Visitor Visa worth the trouble?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doing a little web research today I discovered that having my fiancee come here on a visitor visa while the K1 is processing, might not be the unrealistic thing that it once appears. Right now we are just about 100 days into our NOA2 process and in the April batch that is slowly working its way through the CSC system (no touches since april 24th :( ) It appears that the embassy in Manila has only a 10 day wait for processing DS156s. My thoughts were to have her file for a tourist visa to come here, spend a few weeks in the US and return there while we wait out the K1 process. She has a child there who would not be traveling with her so there's a pretty good anchor / reason for her to return.

This looks too good to be true, that we could be together again, even for a short while (i've already used up my vacation this year going to see her ;( )

So the question is .. what have I missed? Can this slow the K1 process up even for a millisecond or put it in jeopardy ?

Thanks!

Our timeline..

06/27/2004 Met on the internet

[....] lots of things happen

02/10/2007 Met in person

[....]

04/11/2007 Sent NOA1

04/19/2007 Receipt Date

04/24/2007 Touch

[....]

06/26/2007 Met in person second time, this time with our kids

[....]

08/24/2007 Called CSC with Lawyer (We were told case was with an officer now)

08/26/2007 Touch

08/29/2007 Touch

08/30/2007 Touch

09/05/2007 Called CSC and was told we now have a RFE that was sent already .. they can't tell us what it is over the phone (#######?)

09/04/2007 RFE Date (sure enough there was one)

09/14/2007 RFE received (for information originally included in the packet)

09/14/2007 RFE response returned.. including letter to the effect the information was already in the package and another copy of same

09/26/2007 REF AGAIN for the same information, looks like a copy of the same letter as before

09/27/2007 RFE response returned via fedex, letter from the lawyer included

[...]

10/01/2007 electronic notification of receipt of RFE information & touch on the website.

10/02/2007 Touch

10/11/2007 Approval notice sent. "On October 9, 2007, we mailed you a notice...."

[...]

11/27/2007 Call to NVC and FINALLY a receipt number.

12/08/2007 Found ourselves on the IPV website and confirmed with a call

[...]

12/22/2007 Third in person meeting, christmas and new years

[...]

01/30/2008 St. Luke's PASSED!!!!

02/07/2008 Embassy APPROVED!!!!

02/11/2008 Pick up Visa

02/14/2008 Arrive @ home in the US

05/01/2009 Green Card Arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I visited the US when my K1 was pending, I would just ensure that you get your better half to bring strong documentation (letter from employer, pics of daughter, rental agreement etc) showing ties to Manila. She will likely get grilled for a good while at immigration, but as long as she doesn't lie and has no intention of screwing over the system you should be ok.

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Doing a little web research today I discovered that having my fiancee come here on a visitor visa while the K1 is processing, might not be the unrealistic thing that it once appears. Right now we are just about 100 days into our NOA2 process and in the April batch that is slowly working its way through the CSC system (no touches since april 24th :( ) It appears that the embassy in Manila has only a 10 day wait for processing DS156s. My thoughts were to have her file for a tourist visa to come here, spend a few weeks in the US and return there while we wait out the K1 process. She has a child there who would not be traveling with her so there's a pretty good anchor / reason for her to return.

This looks too good to be true, that we could be together again, even for a short while (i've already used up my vacation this year going to see her ;( )

So the question is .. what have I missed? Can this slow the K1 process up even for a millisecond or put it in jeopardy ?

Thanks!

They'll process the application and keep the money but it would be extraordinary for the US Consulate in Manila to issue a tourist visa to a single woman. If it were a low fraud country, it would be worth it. Not in the PI.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you have the time and money, go for it. This is a question of opportunity cost. The worst they can say is no and you'll have wasted the fee and the time going to the interview. On the other hand, if they say yes, then you get to visit. So however that equation works out for you . . . .

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Doug,

I lived in Cebu Philippines for three years as an Ex Pat. I sponsored my ex gf to come back with me on vacation for three weeks-two years ago. I had to hire an attorney in Cebu to process some affidavits along with other items. For me was not too bad as I was under contract and she was employed. From what I was told we were lucky as Filipinos have the highest rate amongst all Foreigners of not returning to their Country. What one needs in the Philippines is a reason to not stay in the USA. Money in an account and I mean thousands of dollars; property or owning a business. Unfortunately children are not considered that high on the list as the Phils has the most OFW's in the World. Overseas Foreign Workers. A lot of Filipinos leave their familes in seach of a better life to send money back adn thus leave their children behind. I would hang tight if I were you. Do not upset the apple cart.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.