aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Ali,

Here is my take on your situation and I can only tell you from what I have seen on VJ and this forum. I have seen several desi couples with the Nikkah and Rukhsati at different times and they were approved. I have not seen a phone proxy marriage before so I am sure the embassy will investigate to make sure that the marriage is bonafide in their eyes.

Ladies have been getting AR/AP since the middle of 2007 when a new security check came into play so this is common. Plus, from your timeline you posted your marriage will be right at two years or even over two year mark by the time the visa is issued meaning it could be an IR-1 instead of a CR-1. Coming on CR-1 or IR-1 takes longer to process since the AOS processing is done in advance and you will not have to worry about work or travel authorization once it is issued so these visas do take a little longer to process.

My opinion is to try and relax (I know easier said than done) and let them finish the AP. I think right now they will try and verify your travel back to Pakistan to verify the timeline and of course normal security checks on your wife. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mary

Hi everyone,

I had my nikkah a couple of years ago over the phone and had my rukhsati the year after in 2007. I applied for my wifes visa after the nikkah in 06. Yesterday my wife had her interview and went to the embassy. she was asked a few question which she answered to. The CO was a lady and asked my wife when was the last time i visited. My wife said in 07. The CO asked that i came in 06 and then again in 07? my wife replied that i did not come in 06 as we had our nikkah over the phone and its marriage by proxy. The CO said she didnt know anything about that and how that was possible that we had our marriage date listed as 2006 and got married then but i wasnt even there. She was very rude. The translator told the CO that this was usual and that there are such cases. The CO then asked how the marriage certificate was signed while i wasnt there. My wife said my Lawyer signed it on my behalf. She again was very shocked and said how was that possible. She then gave my wife a blue slip and said it will take them minimum 6 more weeks for further processing which i beleive is AP. I am just worried that are they gonna make a big deal of the marriage by proxy issue. Do you think they issued the blue slip because of that? Has anyone had there nikkah over the phone ?? I am just worried about them making a big deal about that and whether marriage by proxy is ok??. Please let me know what you guys think and if anyone had a personal experience like that. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,

Ali

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am happy to report that I arrived in USA with family on 2/26/08

POE was JFK and with our luck we were asked to go to counter 1 at the airport for Immigration. The IO was a new employee and two other experienced IOs we looking over his shoulder. IO asked question on every line of every screen of his terminal to other IOs and took about 20 to 25 to enter 3 records. We then went to another desk and submitted all our paper work to two ladies there. Now time to collect our luggage and all our bags arrived safely. We got out of terminal 4 and went to terminal 6 for our final flight home to FL.

All in all immigration experience at JFK wasn't bad just slow because of new IO.

I like to thank all VJers for their support and help during my "journey" through this tough time. I wish all a quick and smooth reunion with their loved ones. Good Luck to all.

Hey man, congratulations! Long time waiting.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam All! I hope this finds everyone in the best of health and happiness (ameen). Just wanted to write and find out if anyone on a CR-1 (spousal visa) has had any good news particularly those whose interviews were at the start of JULY 2007 in Islamabad, Pak

My wife's interview was on July 3rd and we are currently on Administrative Processing (AP). It's heartbreaking to think of the time that has passed and the time we are losing. It's difficult for all of us to be away from our loved ones but Insha'Allah may Allah Almighty bless us all and reunite us quickly.

I called the Dept. of state today and seems that it's my wife's last name that might be causing the delay in our process. Her last name is Khan and I guess that sets up red flags at their offices.

Again plz respond if you or your spouse had their interview in July 2007 for spousal visa so we can compare our timelines. Also, anyone reading this with similar last names such as, Khan, also, plz let me know how long it took for your visa to arrive. I greatly appreciate all your information and help. Thanks

Hi Mary,

I emailed them and the response what that it is going through administrative processing. I guess all we can do now is just sit and wait. Thanks for your help though and i will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Ali

Hello Ali,

Here is my take on your situation and I can only tell you from what I have seen on VJ and this forum. I have seen several desi couples with the Nikkah and Rukhsati at different times and they were approved. I have not seen a phone proxy marriage before so I am sure the embassy will investigate to make sure that the marriage is bonafide in their eyes.

Ladies have been getting AR/AP since the middle of 2007 when a new security check came into play so this is common. Plus, from your timeline you posted your marriage will be right at two years or even over two year mark by the time the visa is issued meaning it could be an IR-1 instead of a CR-1. Coming on CR-1 or IR-1 takes longer to process since the AOS processing is done in advance and you will not have to worry about work or travel authorization once it is issued so these visas do take a little longer to process.

My opinion is to try and relax (I know easier said than done) and let them finish the AP. I think right now they will try and verify your travel back to Pakistan to verify the timeline and of course normal security checks on your wife. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mary

Hi everyone,

I had my nikkah a couple of years ago over the phone and had my rukhsati the year after in 2007. I applied for my wifes visa after the nikkah in 06. Yesterday my wife had her interview and went to the embassy. she was asked a few question which she answered to. The CO was a lady and asked my wife when was the last time i visited. My wife said in 07. The CO asked that i came in 06 and then again in 07? my wife replied that i did not come in 06 as we had our nikkah over the phone and its marriage by proxy. The CO said she didnt know anything about that and how that was possible that we had our marriage date listed as 2006 and got married then but i wasnt even there. She was very rude. The translator told the CO that this was usual and that there are such cases. The CO then asked how the marriage certificate was signed while i wasnt there. My wife said my Lawyer signed it on my behalf. She again was very shocked and said how was that possible. She then gave my wife a blue slip and said it will take them minimum 6 more weeks for further processing which i beleive is AP. I am just worried that are they gonna make a big deal of the marriage by proxy issue. Do you think they issued the blue slip because of that? Has anyone had there nikkah over the phone ?? I am just worried about them making a big deal about that and whether marriage by proxy is ok??. Please let me know what you guys think and if anyone had a personal experience like that. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,

Ali

Timeline

Hi all,

Good news finally i got a date today for interview on 5 May 2008. Is anyone scheduled for that day? Do reply me back and if anyone needs anyhelp regarding K3 you all are most welcome.

Thanks

Saqib

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi all,

Good news finally i got a date today for interview on 5 May 2008. Is anyone scheduled for that day? Do reply me back and if anyone needs anyhelp regarding K3 you all are most welcome.

Thanks

Saqib

Congratulations !!!!! you are one step closer now

Good Luck

IR1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2004-04-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-04-30

I-130 Approved : 2005-05-31

NVC Received : 2005-06-15

Naturalized Citizenship: 2007-05-24

Sent letters to NVC and USCIS to upgrade my wife and kids petitions: 2007-05-24

Petition upgraded from F2A to IR1: 2007-06-12

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2007-06-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2007-06-19 (email)

Pay I-864 Bill: 2007-06-19 (Jame's Shortcut)

1-864 Bill Delivered in St. Louis: 2007-06-21

NVC Accepts DS-3032: 2007-06-26 (email from NVC)

IV Bill & I-864 Generated: 2007-07-02

Return Completed I-864: 2007-07/09 (Jame's Shortcut)

Received & Paid IV Bill : 2007-07-16

IV Bill entered in NVC system: 2007-07-24

DS230 Generated: 2007-07-30

Return Completed DS-230 : 2007-08-09 (Jame's Shortcut)

NVC Receives DS-230: 2007-08-13

DS-230 entered in NVC system: 2007-08-16

Case Completed at NVC: 2007-08-24

NVC Left : 2007-08-29

Consulate Received : 2007-09-12

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-22

Packet 4 Received : 2007-10-05

Original Interview Date : 2008-04-08

New Interview Date : 2008-01-25

Visa Issued: 2008-01-25

Passport Received : 2008-01-30

US Entry : 2008-02-26

POE: JFK

Comments : I filed as a GC holder. Upgraded the same petition to IR1 in June 07.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : My I-130 was approved in 413 days.

Congratulations :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi all,

Thanks

Saqib

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline

Congratulations!

Hi all,

Thanks

Saqib

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks

Saqib

Congratulations!!!!

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Congratulations and good luck, one step closer

fareash

Hi all,

Thanks

Saqib

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

Timeline

Salam All! I hope this finds everyone in the best of health and happiness (ameen). Just wanted to write and find out if anyone on a CR-1 (spousal visa) has had any good news particularly those whose interviews were at the start of JULY 2007 in Islamabad, Pak

My wife's interview was on July 3rd and we are currently on Administrative Processing (AP). It's heartbreaking to think of the time that has passed and the time we are losing. It's difficult for all of us to be away from our loved ones but Insha'Allah may Allah Almighty bless us all and reunite us quickly.

I called the Dept. of state today and seems that it's my wife's last name that might be causing the delay in our process. Her last name is Khan and I guess that sets up red flags at their offices.

Again plz respond if you or your spouse had their interview in July 2007 for spousal visa so we can compare our timelines. Also, anyone reading this with similar last names such as, Khan, also, plz let me know how long it took for your visa to arrive. I greatly appreciate all your information and help. Thanks

Timeline

Hello,

I have a question from all of you who are on AP that did you guy ever been issued a visa to US and traveled on that, cause what i found out is that if you have gotten visa multiple time or single time they are not going through an AP. People who are on AP are the ones who never got visa before. Is it true or false please let me know? reason for asking this is i have 5 multiple visit visa's to USA one my passport and one is still valid which i got in 2006 April and is valid till 2011 and they did do my clearance check cause on my visa it's says clearance received and they kept my passport for 3 months this clearance. Am i still going to go on AP as my Interview is on 5 May, any suggestions please?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to alarm you but my last name is Khan and I have been waiting for a little over one year with no end to sight. But they hopefully will not do the same to your wife. Goodluck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
At what stage the following papers are submitted? once u get packet 3.5

1. Copy of the Approval Notice

2. Letter of Intent (same as filed earlier but directed to consulate)

3. Evidence of ongoing relationship.

Packet 3.5 check list does not mentions any of the above. Do we still need to send this out with the packet or take these to the interview?

Thanks

Hey Ayaz,

We submitted all of the above when we submitted Pkt 3.5. I can't recall if we submitted a Copy of Approval Notice, because the only way you can get the pkt is if you are approved. maybe someone else can answer this.

goodluck,

gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.