aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
We just submitted packet 3.5 to ISL. This is F4 case for family Immigration Visa for Brother and Sisters (including their families).

Do some one know how long it will take to get Packet 4 after you submit packet 3.5 at ISL??

Do you get your interview dates after you submit packet 3.5 or you have to wait till ISL recieve packet 4?

Also can some one tell me what forms or what docuements we will need for packet 4.

We have already sent following with packet 3.5.

DS 230 Part I and Part II (Only Part I is signed)

• Birth Certificates Originals plus copies
  • Police reports original plus copy
  • Marriage certificate copy
  • 2 Photos of each
  • Copies of Passport
I-864
  • Last 3 years taxes 1040's and W2's
  • Employment Letter
Thanks in advacne if some one can reply on Packet 4 infomation.

AH

You should receive packet 4 within 2 to 3 weeks of submitting packet 3.5

Packet 4 will also have interview date

Schedule medical exam 7 to 10 days before your interview date

IR1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2004-04-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-04-30

I-130 Approved : 2005-05-31

NVC Received : 2005-06-15

Naturalized Citizenship: 2007-05-24

Sent letters to NVC and USCIS to upgrade my wife and kids petitions: 2007-05-24

Petition upgraded from F2A to IR1: 2007-06-12

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2007-06-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2007-06-19 (email)

Pay I-864 Bill: 2007-06-19 (Jame's Shortcut)

1-864 Bill Delivered in St. Louis: 2007-06-21

NVC Accepts DS-3032: 2007-06-26 (email from NVC)

IV Bill & I-864 Generated: 2007-07-02

Return Completed I-864: 2007-07/09 (Jame's Shortcut)

Received & Paid IV Bill : 2007-07-16

IV Bill entered in NVC system: 2007-07-24

DS230 Generated: 2007-07-30

Return Completed DS-230 : 2007-08-09 (Jame's Shortcut)

NVC Receives DS-230: 2007-08-13

DS-230 entered in NVC system: 2007-08-16

Case Completed at NVC: 2007-08-24

NVC Left : 2007-08-29

Consulate Received : 2007-09-12

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-22

Packet 4 Received : 2007-10-05

Original Interview Date : 2008-04-08

New Interview Date : 2008-01-25

Visa Issued: 2008-01-25

Passport Received : 2008-01-30

US Entry : 2008-02-26

POE: JFK

Comments : I filed as a GC holder. Upgraded the same petition to IR1 in June 07.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : My I-130 was approved in 413 days.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
whats up junglee.

********************************************************************************

Hi my wife just got her AOS approved, how do i apply for a Social Security card for her. She had inteview in jan 08, but they did not give us any stamp on her passport, they requested more evidence, which i sent in. I recieve a letter stating "Welcome to america and that your green card production has been ordere.d

1. what i want to know is, what proof do i take to the SSN office. your help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Do i have to wait until she gets her green card, or can i go now and get a SS card. She did not aply for EAD yet.

Hey Hafiz!!

Long time no talk... Same to you, Mary. How is your process, Mary? I just stopped by to see how everyone is. I miss you all, and I appreciate the help everyone had given me!!

May Allah unite all you still waiting swiftly. Ameen.

I-130 (CR1) Form:

• Received NAO1 on April 14, 2006
  • Approved on July 14, 2006
  • Received DS-3032 & Fee for Affidavit on August 07, 2006
  • Waiting for my wife to receive the DS-3032; Mailed out Affidavit Fee on August 09, 2006
  • Mailed out immigration fee on September 25, 2006
  • Overnighted I-864 Affidavit on October 2, 2006
  • Spouse mailed DS230 part I & copy of biographic page from Pakistan on October 23, 2006 (Pakistan date)
  • DS230 part I & copy of biographic page arrives to the NVC on November 06, 2006
  • Case Completed at NVC on November 30, 2006.
  • CR-1 forwarded December 07, 2007, and arrived at Islamabad Embassy on December 12, 2006.
  • Wife picks up packet for CR-1 on January 10, 2007.

I-129F (K3) Form:

• NOA1 received on June 08, 2006
  • Stamped and mailed a RFAE notice on November 14, 2006 to Homeland Security. Sent next day but too late for K3...
  • USCIS receives my RFAE on November 21, 2006, and case is now at the Missouri Service Center.
  • I-129F approved on November 28, 2006.
  • I-129F forwarded to Islamabad embassy on December 06, 2006.
  • Packet for K3 sent on January 08, 2007 and INTERVIEW DATE is assigned for January 30, 2007.

Timeline

I have a question about the CR1 visa. Can anyone tell me, is the DS-230 is received from the NVC at the agents address, or is this form is received from the embassy in Islamabad when the file is completed from the NVC and goes to Pakistan?

Thanks!

Timeline
I have a question about the CR1 visa. Can anyone tell me, is the DS-230 is received from the NVC at the agents address, or is this form is received from the embassy in Islamabad when the file is completed from the NVC and goes to Pakistan?

Thanks!

It's mailed from the NVC in the U.S to Pakistan.

I-130 (CR1) Form:

• Received NAO1 on April 14, 2006
  • Approved on July 14, 2006
  • Received DS-3032 & Fee for Affidavit on August 07, 2006
  • Waiting for my wife to receive the DS-3032; Mailed out Affidavit Fee on August 09, 2006
  • Mailed out immigration fee on September 25, 2006
  • Overnighted I-864 Affidavit on October 2, 2006
  • Spouse mailed DS230 part I & copy of biographic page from Pakistan on October 23, 2006 (Pakistan date)
  • DS230 part I & copy of biographic page arrives to the NVC on November 06, 2006
  • Case Completed at NVC on November 30, 2006.
  • CR-1 forwarded December 07, 2007, and arrived at Islamabad Embassy on December 12, 2006.
  • Wife picks up packet for CR-1 on January 10, 2007.

I-129F (K3) Form:

• NOA1 received on June 08, 2006
  • Stamped and mailed a RFAE notice on November 14, 2006 to Homeland Security. Sent next day but too late for K3...
  • USCIS receives my RFAE on November 21, 2006, and case is now at the Missouri Service Center.
  • I-129F approved on November 28, 2006.
  • I-129F forwarded to Islamabad embassy on December 06, 2006.
  • Packet for K3 sent on January 08, 2007 and INTERVIEW DATE is assigned for January 30, 2007.

Timeline
Does anyone have Dubai stopover information?

We will be stopping over in Dubai for one day and like to know the cheapest way for my wife and kids (with pakistani passports and US Immigrant visa stamped) to get the transit visa at the airport.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks

hey check this link : http://guide.theemiratesnetwork.com/living/visa.php

I live in Abu Dhabi and I think they might be able to get a 24hr visa or so, should not be a problem inshallah

good luck

farah

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

Timeline

hey guys I also have a question,

my husband's permanent home address and work location is in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates for the past 6 years, but his family back in pakistan is moving to another city I wanted to know that do we need to file or notify a change of address with ISB? (because the previous pakistan home address is where we stayed for two weeks after the wedding)

any input would help

Thanks in advance

Farah

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

Timeline

Are you saying that the DS-230 is received from the embassy in Pakistan with Packet 3.5 when the file is completed by NVC, and the agent in the US does not have to submit this form to NVC prior to file going to Pakistan. Is that correct?

Thanks

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Are you saying that the DS-230 is received from the embassy in Pakistan with Packet 3.5 when the file is completed by NVC, and the agent in the US does not have to submit this form to NVC prior to file going to Pakistan. Is that correct?

Thanks

Thanks!

Its actually needed 2 times. DS-230 Part I One from the NVC to the agents address and back and then when the beneficiary receives packet 3.5 from the embassy they have to fill out the DS-230 part I and II without the signature (which has to be signed in front of the CO).

Hope this helps.

Timeline

Thanks for answering. What else is needed by the NVC with DS-230 submission.

Do I need to submit only the DS-230 Part 1 or do I have to submit the other documents such as:

• Passport size pictures
  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificate
  • etc.

Thanks

Thanks!

Its actually needed 2 times. DS-230 Part I One from the NVC to the agents address and back and then when the beneficiary receives packet 3.5 from the embassy they have to fill out the DS-230 part I and II without the signature (which has to be signed in front of the CO).

Hope this helps.

Timeline

Hello Adil,

Congratulations on the completion of your wife's AOS. I would take the Welcome letter and/or greencard to my local ss office and file from there.

I am getting ready to submit our I-751 Lifting of Conditions packet one week from today. Hoping that we are approved and not too long of delays but it is doubtful from reading in that forum. Thanks for asking.

Mary

whats up junglee.

********************************************************************************

Hi my wife just got her AOS approved, how do i apply for a Social Security card for her. She had inteview in jan 08, but they did not give us any stamp on her passport, they requested more evidence, which i sent in. I recieve a letter stating "Welcome to america and that your green card production has been ordere.d

1. what i want to know is, what proof do i take to the SSN office. your help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Do i have to wait until she gets her green card, or can i go now and get a SS card. She did not aply for EAD yet.

Hey Hafiz!!

Long time no talk... Same to you, Mary. How is your process, Mary? I just stopped by to see how everyone is. I miss you all, and I appreciate the help everyone had given me!!

May Allah unite all you still waiting swiftly. Ameen.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Do I need to submit only the DS-230 Part 1 or do I have to submit the other documents such as:

• Passport size pictures
  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificate
  • etc.

Thanks

Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Dont know if anything has changed since I went thru this but for NVC DS-230 you would need DS-230 part I and a copy of the biographic page of the beneficiary's passport.

Edited by us1415

Timeline

Thanks us1415! Anyone if you have any recent update on the CR1 visa process when it reaches NVC, please let me know if there is anything else needed by NVC. So, I can get those documents from Pakistan before time and save few weeks.

Thank you again for your help!

• Passport size pictures
  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificate
  • etc.

Thanks

Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Dont know if anything has changed since I went thru this but for NVC DS-230 you would need DS-230 part I and a copy of the biographic page of the beneficiary's passport.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
If you tick the mark on the paperwork of DS-230 (I think proper form name) at the embassy stage it is saying that you want them to submit your paperwork for a social security card. This what must of happened in your case. Glad to hear that it arrived in the mail.

Mary

Last week I had asked to see how long it had taken for someone to recieve their green card. Thank you everyone for your responses :)

Something really weird happened, after my husband arrived.. we went to Social Sec. office to see when he might be able to apply for his number. We were told that we had to wait for the Green card to come and than apply. About two days, my husband recieved his s.s. card in mail without us ever applying for it. Anything like this happened to anyone else...?

Oh okay, thanks Mary :)

Timeline

Salaam....hello everybody

I just wanted to share some good news.

We finally got our approval notice via email on Feb 20th. We have been waiting for over 8 mths and now, we will be moving on to NVC.

I was wondering........about how long would it take for NVC to get our case.(2-6wks?) Also, what documents should my husband be getting in order from Pakistan? I know , we still have a long journey ahead of us, but it was a sigh of relief just to get through uscis.

thanks & Allaah Hafiz

Aisha-Qasim

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.