aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Thanks Khurram. DOS tells me that although my case is still pending, they can see that Islamabad has asked me for resubmitting forms DS-230 (I have not received the letter yet). The lady I spoke with at the DOS said that I should send those forms asp and hope for the best.

Hi Folks,[/font]

As many of you know that I have been on AP since April of last year. Now they are asking me to resubmit forms DS-230, both Part I and Part II. Has this happened to anybody before? Have you heard of it? Please give me your input.

Thanks.

I haven't seen this happen before, What does the DOS say on the status of your Case

-Khurram

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Marry. So, perhaps, anyone who is been waiting for a year or so will have to do these forms again. I hope this is it because, as you can imagine, my wife and I are just so tired of it.

Hi Folks,

As many of you know that I have been on AP since April of last year. Now they are asking me to resubmit forms DS-230, both Part I and Part II. Has this happened to anybody before? Have you heard of it? Please give me your input.

Thanks.

Yes this is new and you have to resubmit the forms. They have been revised since you filled them out the year before. PAIN07 CR-1/IR-1 contacted me a few months back since they were asking for this and told me the forms had been revised. I informed him to resubmit them and it asked for more specific facts and to make sure that he addressed all the questions. Sure enough after some time his visa was ajudicated and I updated the list for the forums. Please do what they ask and inshallah you will have your visa shortly.

Mary

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks Khurram. DOS tells me that although my case is still pending, they can see that Islamabad has asked me for resubmitting forms DS-230 (I have not received the letter yet). The lady I spoke with at the DOS said that I should send those forms asp and hope for the best.

Send those forms and I pray that they issue the visa after that

-Khurram

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks Marry. So, perhaps, anyone who is been waiting for a year or so will have to do these forms again. I hope this is it because, as you can imagine, my wife and I are just so tired of it.
Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Yes this is new and you have to resubmit the forms. They have been revised since you filled them out the year before. PAIN07 CR-1/IR-1 contacted me a few months back since they were asking for this and told me the forms had been revised. I informed him to resubmit them and it asked for more specific facts and to make sure that he addressed all the questions. Sure enough after some time his visa was ajudicated and I updated the list for the forums. Please do what they ask and inshallah you will have your visa shortly.

Mary

I think now they are going to require the updated data because if the case is at one year or longer they already require a new medical and sometimes new police reports as well. Good luck on getting your information back to them and your visa soon. This is such a hard processing when you are separated so hang in there!

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Mary

Hey Nair1

I can imagine how tired u guys are of it! Me and my husband are in the same boat. We have also been on AP for over a year-its so frustrating

I hope u hear some good news soon!

Send the requested papers asap before somethin else comes up!

Best wishes

Saeedeh

May 31st, 2005- Submitted I-130

Dec 2nd, 2005- Received Packet 3.5

May 24th, 2006-Submitted Packet 3.5

June 1st,2006- Received Interview letter for November

August 15th, 2006- Date changed for interview to September 21,2006

September 21st, 2006-Interview and put on AR/AP

October 13th, 2006-I return to Pakistan

January 3rd, 2006-They said visa approved and took my hubby's passport-but no visa in sight :(

Timeline

Tareq and Khurram have safe trips back to Pakistan and enjoyable Rukhsati and Valima. I married on December 25th in Pakistan and remember the weather was nice at that time of the year. :)

khanshahid good luck on your upcoming interview.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Tareq and Khurram have safe trips back to Pakistan and enjoyable Rukhsati and Valima. I married on December 25th in Pakistan and remember the weather was nice at that time of the year. :)

khanshahid good luck on your upcoming interview.

Thanks Mary!!

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Asalam-o-Aliqum

All brother/sister, my BIG DAY is coming and I m getting nervous :( . My interview will be November 9th at 9am in London. I hope and pray that I will have a nice CO on that day and grant me visa INSHA ALLAH. My K-3 visa interview is in Islamabad as well on November 20th at 8am but I will quit it as I will get the Cr1 visa in London. I m very happy to read all VJ members who were approved and hope I will be celebrating it too this week INSHA ALLAH. Best wishes for all of YOU!!!

Your prayers and ALLAH's guidance will make me at peace on that moment.

Thanks in advance!

SHAHID KHAN

Thanks Marry :blink::thumbs:

TIMELINE FOR CR1- I-130

July 29th 2006 - GOT MARRIED IN PAKISTAN

Sep 1st 2006 - I-130 sent.

Sep 5th 2006 - NOA1

May 24th 2007 - NOA2 APPROVED

NVC FOR CR-1 (I-130)

06/13/07 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

Sep 11th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! THANK GOD

Sep 19th 2007 - Case fwd to London embassy

US EMBASSY LONDON

Oct 25th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 9th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 5th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 26 DAYS

Dec 18th 2007 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

U.S.A

Feb 15th 2008 - POE (JFK)

Mar 05th 2008 Green Card arrived

Dec 28 2009 Apply for condition remove

Removal of Conditions Timeline

Dec 26 2009 I-751 sent

Dec 28 2009 I-751 delivered (VSC)

Dec 29 2009 I-751 NOA Received

Mar 09 2010 condition removed got 10 years green card

NATURALIZATION N-400

Dec 07 2010 N-400 sent to Tx

Dec 09 2010 N-400 delivered

Dec 29 2010 Received biometric appointment letter for 01/13/2011

Jan 13 2011 Biometric done

Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Mary

Hey Nair1

I can imagine how tired u guys are of it! Me and my husband are in the same boat. We have also been on AP for over a year-its so frustrating

Best wishes

Saeedeh

Thank you, Saeedeh. I hope your husband gets his visa real soon too.

When I called DOS this morning to see if the embassy has sent me the request yet, the visa officer told me that she only sees a comment on my file that the Islamabad might ask me for another DS-230 but it doesn't mean I will get one for sure. You never know, every time you call, you get a new response. Best wishes for you as well.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Mary

Hey Nair1

Best wishes

Saeedeh

Thank you, Saeedeh. I hope your husband gets his visa real soon too.

When I called DOS this morning to see if the embassy has sent me the request yet, the visa officer told me that she only sees a comment on my file that the Islamabad might ask me for another DS-230 but it doesn't mean I will get one for sure. You never know, every time you call, you get a new response. Best wishes for you as well.

you should contact islamabad emb. and check with them.

Timeline

Asalam-Alaikum(ww),

COURIER SERVICE CALLED MY HUSBAND TODAY AND TOLD HIM TO COME PICK UP HIS PASSPORT.....

ALHUMDOLILLAH!!! ALHUMDOLILLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to those who are still waiting for this process to be over!!!!!

`Ayk shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ayk sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar ...`(Insha'Allah, Ameen)

Timeline
Asalam-Alaikum(ww),

COURIER SERVICE CALLED MY HUSBAND TODAY AND TOLD HIM TO COME PICK UP HIS PASSPORT.....

Awesome!!! Congratulations!

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Timeline

hey khurumm bhai congurate :whistle: took a while but it worked . my case is still at 3.5 packet the police certi taking soo long . how long its taking now for the interview after u send them packet 3.5 . and can u request them to have interview early . :unsure: anyway i have one more thing to ask ./ my sister is also a us citizen rite she got married in pakistan . she filed the paper work here . she did k3 now she got both approvals at the same time i129/i130 now what happens next . and which one is faster . cuz its says on the i130 approval somting about i824. what is that ./ :unsure: can somone :help: thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

That is AWESOME! Congratulations. :dance:

Asalam-Alaikum(ww),

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Timeline
Asalam-Alaikum(ww),

Big Congratulations! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.