aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

A helpful information I want to share with everyone. I am so happy I found out about this. Pakistani Consulates in USA also issue birth certificate for immigration purpose for Pakistani nations and if you want urgent all you pay is $10 dollars and you get your birth ceritificate in 3 days Ya hoooooooooooooooooooooooo so happy. Hope this help anyone else in my situation :)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

salaam....hello to all

We are currently waiting on our NOA2, and in dec it will be our 6mths. I was just wondering ....since we are waiting, are there any forms that we can go ahead and get started on>>like Affadavit of Support for me and my co-sponsor.

I know that Qasim will need to have medical and police reports done, but should we wait till after our case is over at NVC?? I just like to be prepared and we are just ready to get over this first hurdle.

Any advice would be very appreciated :)

I also want to wish all the ones here the very best in their interviews and finally being with their loved ones.

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
salaam....hello to all

We are currently waiting on our NOA2, and in dec it will be our 6mths. I was just wondering ....since we are waiting, are there any forms that we can go ahead and get started on>>like Affadavit of Support for me and my co-sponsor.

I know that Qasim will need to have medical and police reports done, but should we wait till after our case is over at NVC?? I just like to be prepared and we are just ready to get over this first hurdle.

I also want to wish all the ones here the very best in their interviews and finally being with their loved ones.

DID YOU NOT HAVE TO HAVE YOUR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT DONE AT NVC?? We had to have the fees paid and the forms submitted before it was sent to PK......they don't review the forms as such, just make sure they are filled out correctly. I would tell you to have him fill out another DS230, as he will have that with packet 3.5, and if you are not going to have your affidavit required through nvc, then yes, you can start preparing that as well, in my opinion. Also, have him make copies of his b.c., marriage certificate, passport, etc. etc. You can't do anything about the medical until your packet 4 comes, and they tell you that in the packet 3.5. I would say you can also go ahead and get your police report, especially because some places like to take their sweet time getting it back to you. Tell him NOT to tell them it's for a visa......they get really pissy and jerky usually. GOOD LUCK!

Timeline
salaam....hello to all

DID YOU NOT HAVE TO HAVE YOUR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT DONE AT NVC?? We had to have the fees paid and the forms submitted before it was sent to PK......they don't review the forms as such, just make sure they are filled out correctly. I would tell you to have him fill out another DS230, as he will have that with packet 3.5, and if you are not going to have your affidavit required through nvc, then yes, you can start preparing that as well, in my opinion. Also, have him make copies of his b.c., marriage certificate, passport, etc. etc. You can't do anything about the medical until your packet 4 comes, and they tell you that in the packet 3.5. I would say you can also go ahead and get your police report, especially because some places like to take their sweet time getting it back to you. Tell him NOT to tell them it's for a visa......they get really pissy and jerky usually. GOOD LUCK!

Gori

Our case is still at CSC, we have not recieved our NOA2 yet :(.

I was just wondering what we could get ready before our case is sent to NVC? (if anything)

I was just curious about it and thought I would ask it here.......

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
salaam....hello to all

Gori

I was just wondering what we could get ready before our case is sent to NVC? (if anything)

ooooohhh sorry.....yes, get the forms i mentioned, have him send you the marriage cert. copy if you dont have one,in english, and a passport copy, and two visa/passport style pictures...., i wouldnt get the police report yet........sorry, typing w baby in other arm

salaam....hello to all

Gori

ooooohhh sorry.....yes, get the forms i mentioned, have him send you the marriage cert. copy if you dont have one,in english, and a passport copy, and two visa/passport style pictures...., i wouldnt get the police report yet........sorry, typing w baby in other arm

oh-youll have to pay the fees too, so youll want to make sure you know what they are if you want to get prepared......

Timeline
salaam....hello to all

Gori

salaam....hello to all

Gori

oh-youll have to pay the fees too, so youll want to make sure you know what they are if you want to get prepared......

Okay, sorry, to make this a little more clear-all in all you'll need to send DS230s for you and your husband...the affidavit of support and required evidence, and if you have a sponsor (as we also do) then the same thing for them. Also, a copy of the front page/biographical page of his passport, visa style pics, copy of marriage cert. w/ translation if necc. (it's best if you can just get an english certificate from the courts...that's what Usama did, and it's just much easier....they can stamp it there and it'll be a lot better on you guys. He'll have to have ALL of this again when he gets his stuff from PK so he may as well make multiple copies and such. (Was that any better?)

Timeline
salaam....hello to all

I know that Qasim will need to have medical and police reports done, but should we wait till after our case is over at NVC?? I just like to be prepared and we are just ready to get over this first hurdle. Police reports depending on the area he will need to get them can vary in validity times of 3, 6 months to one year so do not get these too early since it could expire before the interview is scheduled. Personally, I would not get these done until after your case is being sent to Islamabad. Mian got his reports back from the two areas he needed them within one month of asking for his clearances. Medical is only good for one year too; and the embassy will give you a list of doctors and most want the letter before they will schedule the medical. Good luck.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Thanks gori ........

Well while I was in Pk, we had everything translated and had our originals plus made copies of the originals.

so we both have everything like marriage cert. and also I do have copies of his passport with me as well. My husband is very umm....how can I put it ......VERY DETAILED about stuff.

the DS230 will that be sent to us from NVC or can we go ahead and get them DL from somewhere? Also with the affadavit of support, I got my 3 yrs of tax returns being sent to me, ( called irs yesterday) oh well I will go check that form sometime this weekend.

I wonder how many visa style pics? Would this be of him ?? or me??

I know I still have a long ways to go, but better to be a lil prepared than not at all.

thanks again gori :)

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
salaam....hello to all

I know that Qasim will need to have medical and police reports done, but should we wait till after our case is over at NVC?? I just like to be prepared and we are just ready to get over this first hurdle. Police reports depending on the area he will need to get them can vary in validity times of 3, 6 months to one year so do not get these too early since it could expire before the interview is scheduled. Personally, I would not get these done until after your case is being sent to Islamabad. Mian got his reports back from the two areas he needed them within one month of asking for his clearances. Medical is only good for one year too; and the embassy will give you a list of doctors and most want the letter before they will schedule the medical. Good luck.

Right, hence why I said to wait on the police report, and the medical report. Just focus on the paperwork NVC will need.....this will not include those things.

Timeline
A helpful information I want to share with everyone. I am so happy I found out about this. Pakistani Consulates in USA also issue birth certificate for immigration purpose for Pakistani nations and if you want urgent all you pay is $10 dollars and you get your birth ceritificate in 3 days Ya hoooooooooooooooooooooooo so happy. Hope this help anyone else in my situation :)

Thanks for the information HP and am glad that your getting this resolved easily.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
salaam....hello to all

Mary,

I was wondering something about the police reports. He has lived in Rawalpindi area since he was a little boy, but he also stayed in London , but never stayed over 12 mths. Will he need to get a police report from there as well?? We were reading bout this, but I wasn't sure and if he did need one, where could I get this information from? Thanks so very much

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
salaam....hello to all

Mary,

I was wondering something about the police reports. He has lived in Rawalpindi area since he was a little boy, but he also stayed in London , but never stayed over 12 mths. Will he need to get a police report from there as well?? We were reading bout this, but I wasn't sure and if he did need one, where could I get this information from? Thanks so very much

Aisha

I pulled Mian's list of documents and it states 10. (B) Police certificate from all countries that you lived for one year or more since the age of 16. So he should be fine and not need one since he never stayed over one year. Make sure he has his passport showing entry and exit dates to back up his stays just in case they ask.

Mary

Timeline
Thanks gori ........

Well while I was in Pk, we had everything translated and had our originals plus made copies of the originals.

so we both have everything like marriage cert. and also I do have copies of his passport with me as well. My husband is very umm....how can I put it ......VERY DETAILED about stuff.

the DS230 will that be sent to us from NVC or can we go ahead and get them DL from somewhere? Also with the affadavit of support, I got my 3 yrs of tax returns being sent to me, ( called irs yesterday) oh well I will go check that form sometime this weekend.

I know I still have a long ways to go, but better to be a lil prepared than not at all.

You are welcome, I can understand, I think I drove my husband crazy reading and re-reading information and getting stuff together. Unfortunately, we didn't have anyone like this who had recently been through it to know for sure, and kept getting different information from the state dept. (big surprise).

You can dl the ds230, we've always done all that....we don't wait either, that's for sure! If my memory serves me correctly it's just one picture....of your husband. I know I needed one for the original petition, I don't recall needing one since then. He'll get four when he goes to the picture taker...he can hang on to the others for the next round...cause they will require ANOTHER ds230 from him and picture in PK. Myself and my co-sponsor just got the tax transcripts from the IRS and those work perfectly...and the letter from the bank, etc. You'll need updated information for him when it's time for his interview.......just so you know for the new tax season go ahead and copy everything and send it when you're ready. Just let me know if there's anything I can do for you.....I know this sucks!

Timeline
Thanks gori ........

You are welcome, I can understand, I think I drove my husband crazy reading and re-reading information and getting stuff together. Unfortunately, we didn't have anyone like this who had recently been through it to know for sure, and kept getting different information from the state dept. (big surprise).

You can dl the ds230, we've always done all that....we don't wait either, that's for sure! If my memory serves me correctly it's just one picture....of your husband. I know I needed one for the original petition, I don't recall needing one since then. He'll get four when he goes to the picture taker...he can hang on to the others for the next round...cause they will require ANOTHER ds230 from him and picture in PK. Myself and my co-sponsor just got the tax transcripts from the IRS and those work perfectly...and the letter from the bank, etc. You'll need updated information for him when it's time for his interview.......just so you know for the new tax season go ahead and copy everything and send it when you're ready. Just let me know if there's anything I can do for you.....I know this sucks!

For people getting police reports (and for those in the future)......while this has happened in Lahore, I can't imagine it's much different in other places, but I may be wrong-

1. don't tell those at the desk you need it for a visa...we've been through this more than once and find they get irritated (jealousy?) They also then assume you have money, and expect a (bigger) bribe to get your paperwork sooner

2. if you have ANY contacts, or contacts of contacts, this will be the quickest way to get your report. When my husband went to his area station they told him two days. A week later he drove to the head place (ssp?) and they said "oh, no, would be a month at least unless you pay". He found out a friend of his' dad's friend (6 degrees of help) is a cop in the area-a phone call was made and my husband will have it in hand in a few days max (b/c of weekend only)

3. if able, try to go straight to the main office...forget your neighborhood office. It's going to come from the head guy anyway...may as well try to skip a step

If you're not in Lahore......this may or may not do you any good.....and maybe someone has had a different experience in Lahore.....this is just my own from the two times we had to get police reports...and there were years between them so it's not personal...just how they work!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got a receipt number from uscis for my permanent residence, i want to ask that the receipt number starts with

MSCXXXXXXXXXX

When i check my status online it dont accept it what it means,

thanks

God bless us all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.