mwangen

Visa Fee Valid for One Year

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, mwangen said:

Hello everyone!

I just paid and booked the tourist visa interview for my parents in the Philippines. I did not realize that the visa fee is only valid for a year. My mom just pointed this out to me. I paid yesterday 09/20 but their interview is May 2024. Would I need to pay again?

Thanks!

If you've already booked an appointment slot, fee validities don't matter anymore. 

12 hours ago, mwangen said:

Hello everyone!

I just paid and booked the tourist visa interview for my parents in the Philippines. I did not realize that the visa fee is only valid for a year. My mom just pointed this out to me. I paid yesterday 09/20 but their interview is May 2024. Would I need to pay again?

Thanks!

Do you qualify, or can you apply for expidete or emergency tourist visa interview?

The wait is only day or week for those interviews

You have a 20 month wait, I was thinking it was only like 13 months, Geez that's a long long long long wait.

Sorry for the blank post above.  I accidentally quoted Palawan and for the life of me was unable to delete the quote or type anything. And couldn’t just start over without posting that.

Anyways, OP, keep checking the schedule daily.  The embassy posts many new interviews spots several times a week.  Granted, most are just a continuation from the 2024 calendar you saw, but every now and then they will open up spots for a lot sooner.

I originally had an interview scheduled for May 2024, but the other day, the embassy suddenly opened spots for Oct, Nov, and Dec of this year, and I was able to reschedule to one of them.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bugs said:

Sorry for the blank post above.  I accidentally quoted Palawan and for the life of me was unable to delete the quote or type anything. And couldn’t just start over without posting that.

Anyways, OP, keep checking the schedule daily.  The embassy posts many new interviews spots several times a week.  Granted, most are just a continuation from the 2024 calendar you saw, but every now and then they will open up spots for a lot sooner.

I originally had an interview scheduled for May 2024, but the other day, the embassy suddenly opened spots for Oct, Nov, and Dec of this year, and I was able to reschedule to one of them.

What site did you use to find the open appointment dates.

39 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

What site did you use to find the open appointment dates.

The same site used to schedule the appointment.  Link is below, note it is specific for the Philippines.

Once you’ve submitted the application and MRV fee, the calendar with available slots should be viewable.  

If you’ve already set up an appointment, there is a tab on the left that allows you to reschedule, and you will be able to view the calendar before selecting a slot to reschedule.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Philippines

barata-gif-3.gif

7 hours ago, Bugs said:

Thank you for the heads up! I was able to reschedule them for November this year. :) Now, I am just anxious about them getting approved or not.

3 hours ago, mwangen said:

Thank you for the heads up! I was able to reschedule them for November this year. :) Now, I am just anxious about them getting approved or not.

Awesome!  Good luck!

barata-gif-3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.